why is this even up for debate?

I893469365902345609348566

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2021
We're not all well behaved cyclists. I was surprised by no less than seven ebikes running a red light yesterday. Dizzying speeds can be reached on this particular hill.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I wouldn't call them cyclists in the general term as they are riding high speed mopeds, they are simply yobo's on a motorised illegal pedal bikes.
Obviously have no concern for their safety or anyone elses.

• Agree
Reactions: sjpt and flecc

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I wouldn't call them cyclists in the general term as they are riding high speed mopeds, they are simply yobo's on a motorised illegal pedal bikes.
Obviously have no concern for their safety or anyone elses.
Trouble is, many car campaigners won't appreciate that distinction.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pretty sure most with half a brain will see them for what they are and certainly not your every regular cyclist at those speeds or riding along in that manner, I doubt plod will do anything but the film clip needs uploading to the local forces road safe web site.

Last edited:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Another important distinction there... 'many car campaigners' vs 'most with half a brain'

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
I have family in Denmark, drivers there they are very alert to any cyclists near junctions.

As it was explained to me, in a collision between a car and cyclist the car driver is assumed to be guilty regardless of the actions (or lack of) by the cyclist. Cyclists crossing junctions without looking was said to be the most common problem.

I'd guess any cyclists going through a red light would be found guilty but it's just a guess...