Windy!

Pedalo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2009
I got wet yet again this morning - however the advantage that bikes can reach the places other vehicles can't reach was a very useful one to me today as I came across a slight obsticle on my route. See here for pictures:

Weather to cycle?

:)

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Yes its at this time of the year when the wind hits me full on and I hit the throttle that I end up with a big smile on my face. Happened this morning and I was going to post a thread about it but you beat me too it.

I actually don't mind wind and rain on my daily commute, its when it goes below freezing that I hate it and usually revert to using my car. Usually only amounts to a total of three weeks or so each year though.

We had a tree down like that during the last storm. As you say with a bike its easy to go round it.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I got wet yet again this morning - however the advantage that bikes can reach the places other vehicles can't reach was a very useful one to me today as I came across a slight obsticle on my route. See here for pictures:

Weather to cycle?

:)
Blooming good job you werent a bit earlier.......... !!

Lynda :)

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Already past the getting rained on average this year. So far I've been rained on 22 times.
Clocked up 5 times over the last two weeks.

It's been pants but the correct clothing has helped.

Nice thread. Glad I've had the motor the last week.
Now it's dead for a bit I might just get a sail.

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Already past the getting rained on average this year. So far I've been rained on 22 times.
Clocked up 5 times over the last two weeks.

It's been pants but the correct clothing has helped.

Nice thread. Glad I've had the motor the last week.
Now it's dead for a bit I might just get a sail.

Scottf, better check that sail doesn't develop more than 250w first!:D

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Ha brilliant. There's always someone out there creating wacky stuff.

Pedalo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2009
D'oh, I just noticed I spelt obstacle wrong in my post - and I don't seem to have the ability to edit any further. Has the edit facility been removed?

Love the idea of the sail bike - It did get me thinking if you were to mount a turbine on top of your head, (ignoring the aesthetic and practical issues) could you theoretically use the generated power fed to a motor to offset the effects of wind resistance?

A quick search around convinced me it is a silly idea! :
Would a wind turbine on a moving car generate energy efficiently?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Unfortunately the Edit facility on this new site disappears about two hours after a post is made. However, on the bright side, that validates the "sticking" in obsticle! :)

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Unfortunately the Edit facility on this new site disappears about two hours after a post is made. However, on the bright side, that validates the "sticking" in obsticle! :)
I am always re-editing posts for typos and spelling mistakes after I post and subsequently read them. The restricted editing option is a pain or maybe I need to learn how to get it right first time ?

Even more embarrassing when others quote you BEFORE you have chance to correct the post spelling :eek:

A forum spell chucker would help :p

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Ditto Jerry, it is a pain, I'm also prone to typos and sometimes spot them on later reading. The quote problem I also suffer, and it's worst when I change my mind and delete a post, only to find someone has quoted a post that's no longer in the thread!

I do have spell checking while typing replies, so not sure why yours isn't working.

Last edited:

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Hmm maybe I need to switch it on somehwere flecc ?

Might be in my browser of course.

PS no checked my browser and it is switched on ?

Regards

Jerry

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Fixed. Had to install a dictionary :)

Regards

Jerry