Wireless Gear Shift and Brakes on eBikes?

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Stumbled upon this very recent video would certainly ease the wire/cable running burden on a conversion if feasible. Im not bothered about cost.

SRAMRED wireless system, do any ebikes have this set-up or in the planning?

Bike converters is this something that could be achieved using the right donor bike on hub or mid-drive conversion?

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Very expensive way to eliminate one cable.
Yes I would imagine, but got to come down in price if successful and adapted by the masses?

Am I reading it right? You mentioned one cable? Is it only the gears that work remotely? How about the brakes?

Rohloffboy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2015
North West.
Yep, would like to see that Wireless gear change available on the Rohloff, you can already get a Wired Electric changer for the Rohloff, as a third party unit.

Although to be fair, most would argue, that the simplicity and low cost of cables, outstrips the benefits that electronics bring along.

The roadie bike folk, would be better of ditching those antiquated derailleur' gears, and get a Rohloff fitted, in fact I would go as far to say, the same applies to MTB's and Ebikes.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

this has electric gears and uses the di2 system its just buy the time you have bought all of it its well over 500 quid.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there carbon fibre wheels, the hole bike is :)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
£15000 + 300 for a dropper post:eek:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you part out the bike whats on it spec wise its a rip off tbh. the wheels are £1600 each give you an idea ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
this guy is worth a watch if you dont know about carbon bike frames and wheels.

ill never be buying one after watching that ;)

Reactions: Andy88

EmSeeDee

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2015
Coventry, UK
<snip>

The roadie bike folk, would be better of ditching those antiquated derailleur' gears, and get a Rohloff fitted, in fact I would go as far to say, the same applies to MTB's and Ebikes.
Not convinced by the need for a 14 speed IGH for an e-bike. I'm running a 6 speed and I have far more gears than I need. Some on here have argued that 3 speeds are quite adequate. And that's before you start to consider the price!

Reactions: Kinninvie

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there no good for hard off road tho or jumps they need to get a motor in one of these with some sort of clutch for seamless shifting up and down.

https://www.electricbike.com/pinion/