Wisper 905 SE Sport for Sale

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Who are you?

Hi 720

To our knowledge we have not sold a bike to you, and don't have a bike registered to you.

Please would you give me a call 07733226906.

Regards David

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Sample

Hi 720

Further to our chat yesterday, we didn't have you down as 720 sorry. And thanks for the explanation.

That was one lucky ebay buyer!

All the best, see you soon.

Best regards David

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Exactly what it says in the item description, I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives on my doorstep in December.

Fancy your chances as an Early Adopter then Dazzie?

Best wishes

Bob

dazzie

Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2008
You've ordered one? Excellent, will be interested to know what you think of it. It certainly looks good! Think I am too much of a scaredy cat to be an early adopter, Bob. ;)

Daz

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
Exactly what it says in the item description, I'll let you know what it's like when it arrives on my doorstep in December.

Fancy your chances as an Early Adopter then Dazzie?

Best wishes

Bob
Just admiring your Synergie Mistral, over on the other thread Bob; so what becomes of it once you invite the new arrival into your home?

As for the new bike, well it must be something special as I emailed the seller asking what was the reason for selling the Wisper 905se and the reply from Darren of 720cycles was: "We were thinking about stocking the Wisper range of bikes but decided against it and are now importing our own bikes."

(I put a proxy bid in before setting of for work on Thursday, not very high bid - the winning bid was £60 more than mine; not bothered, I was only 'having it cheap' as when I left for work, it had less than 5 hours to run and only had two bids at £570 I think. If I was serious I would have put the bid in much higher).

- So, he's found a bike he prefers over the Wisper? Must be, because the eBay listing says:" ...these are the best bikes we have ridden!..."

Although he may not have ridden the Wisper long enough to appreciate all its virtues as the winning bidder has bought virtually a new bike when he says about it's evaluation in the email: "I have used the bike about 3 times and covered about 5 miles on it so the bike is in as new condition"

Both the Synergie Mistral and the bike you've just pre-ordered, are both Suzy Bangsforyou motors, (don't know what the Wisper is), so will you notice much difference in performance I wonder?

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Both the Synergie Mistral and the bike you've just pre-ordered, are both Suzy Bangsforyou motors, (don't know what the Wisper is), so will you notice much difference in performance I wonder?
The Wisper is as well, but Suzhoo Bafang motors come in a number of flavours, so the power outputs and hub internal gearing do vary.

720 Cycles

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 31, 2008
Hi

Bikes will be arriving hopefully next week so will be available for delivery from the 25th November.

We have also reduced the price to £695 and anyone that buys this bike is getting a bargain.

If anyone is interested in this model then give us a call on the numbers below

Simon: 01777228610

Darren: 01132394555

If you have already purchased at the original price then dont worry as the reduction will be passed on at final payment. :D :D

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Thanks for the info. controls look the same as on the wisper.

will there be a step through version? as my wife prefers that style

I see battery is 37v what is the amp's please?

can you give the weight including battery?

720 Cycles

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 31, 2008
Hi

Yes we do have a step through frame and will be on the same delivery so will keep you posted as soon as we have pictures :)

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Danny-K

Hi Danny,

Answer one: The Mistral has now proved it's worth and is staying here. There is a plan for that machine, starting with the first warm days of next Spring. The clue was in the reference to the "Thudbuster".

When I (we) started E-biking two years ago, The machines used were very cheap S/H 1st generation machines. Steel frames, full suspension, disc brakes and lead acid batteries... and very heavy! As the return to cycling has proved so enjoyable, it was decided to upgrade to three 2nd generation lightweight, fast lithium powered bikes, see the picture now?.. Quite simply, we can't ALL get on ONE bike!!. We did toy with the idea of a three seat tandem, but lets face it, if the guy up front has been over indulging in pickled eggs and Arkells 3B's, it aint gonna be much fun for the blokes behind!!.

I am the "keeper" of the machines, which, due to space constraints, are all kept here in the stable.( It's got three bedrooms above) I am also tasked with the initial prepping and subsequent maintenance of the machines. If you want to know what colour boxers I'm wearing you'll have to PM me!!

Originally, the third machine would have been an imported Tucano Carrera. The cost of shipping was around £190, on top of it's already high price, so instead, I decided to go for the new machine we are speaking of.

Hub Motors:

The Wisper 905 SE uses the Suzhou Bafang 225 rpm high speed motor.
The new machine uses the Suzhou Bafang, but I don't know which version
I don't think the forum ever managed to establish who supplies the Synergie Mistral motor. Although it does bear a remarkable similarity to the Bafang.

I can't in all honesty compare any machine I haven't ridden with any other machine. All I do know, is this new machine is using a proven Phylion Battery, A well proven Suzhou Bafang motor. The bonus is, It's price!. As you know, I like to customize my machines. This machine is supplied fairly "bare", but it's low price leaving me with plenty of change in my pocket for "tarting".

Once the new machine arrives, it will go through the normal couple of days prepping. I will then post the 1st impressions followed by a review.

Darren, just spotted your update regarding delivery date, much appreciated, thanks.

All the best (and you DAZZIE )

Bob

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
When I (we) started E-biking two years ago, The machines used were very cheap S/H 1st generation machines. Steel frames, full suspension, disc brakes and lead acid batteries... and very heavy! As the return to cycling has proved so enjoyable, it was decided to upgrade to three 2nd generation lightweight, fast lithium powered bikes, see the picture now?.. Quite simply, we can't ALL get on ONE bike!!. We did toy with the idea of a three seat tandem, but lets face it, if the guy up front has been over indulging in pickled eggs and Arkells 3B's, it aint gonna be much fun for the blokes behind!!.
Does anyone else picture 'Last of the Summer Wine' while reading that?

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Does anyone else picture 'Last of the Summer Wine' while reading that?
Yeah.... white bike kinda "gay" looking for Bob lol

a pale imitation of the much more butch "handsome Beast"

joking apart....what a disastrous day! on my way to Camden with wisper car started to play up. I made it to ETS but had to wait 2.5 hours for recovery vehicle.....

They had an interesting bike there. A custumers, with (illegal here) powerful USA kit. it looked like a reasonably normal bike but was incredibly heavy! could not lift it of the ground! lol Due according to Mike because of the enormous motor and lead acid battery...

I think? he said it was good for 60 mph:eek: stop drooling Bob.......

a few stiff drinks! please :)

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Eddie!,

You should have gone to spec-savers.

It's SILVER.

Don't worry, I'll soon butch it up a bit!!

Your Focus broke down!!. I run a Focus as well, It's been one of the best cars I've ever owned. Did they manage to fix it for you to get home?.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Eddie!,

You should have gone to spec-savers.

It's SILVER.

Don't worry, I'll soon butch it up a bit!!

Your Focus broke down!!. I run a Focus as well, It's been one of the best cars I've ever owned. Did they manage to fix it for you to get home?.

Mine also... the 3 diesel c-max I had previously were extremely problematic. It had its 24 month service 2 weeks ago.....I normally change cars every 2 years BUT credit crunch etc....stupid, stupid, expensive service, new tyres etc etc...

engine mangement light came on, struggled to get to ETS.... by the time they arrived it was to late to take to garage so delivered me back home. will get it to garage Monday

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
...I run a Focus as well, It's been one of the best cars I've ever owned./QUOTE]

- But it's a Ford! Not possible to say 'the best' and 'Ford' in one sentence. :D

Cognitive dissonance: A psychological state that describes the uncomfortable feeling between what one holds to be true and what one knows to be true.

ie., All Ford owners. :)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
there ain't many cars in the price range that drive better then a focus...look at the reviews:rolleyes:

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
True, but do you mean the annual reliability ones that have Ford in the bottom 10 every year and Honda & Toyota, in the top 10 every year? :p :)