Wisper Police bike image

Howard

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2008
Society gets the police it deserves.

I'm not fat, lazy or a bastard and I choose not to judge you by your posts as tempting as it may be.

The thirty officer I manage are a cross section of society, old, young, experienced, inexperienced, hardworking, lazy, easygoing, intense, married, single, gay, straight, black, white, men, women.

All come to work everyday and do their bit together despite their differences, despite edicts from HMGov, despite the madness of middle England, the Daily Mail, the threat of personal harm and abuse.

Last week my youngest lad picked up two severed feet from the side of a railway line, they belonged to a 70yr old man who had jumped from a packed station platform.

The young copper went and told they guys widow what had happened and found the suicide note...............

What have you done today to help the UK be a better place to live ?

Dailymotion - Depeche Mode - Walking In My Shoes, une vidéo de lebordeluche. depeche, mode, walking, shoes
Hi
Seeing as no one else has, I just wanted to speak up in support of the police. I think they do a great job - it's not their choice that their job involves so many performance targets and paper-work these days. I have a couple of friends in the police, and they and their colleagues find this as frustrating as the general public do. Thankyou SEATALTEA for the job you and all your colleagues do under such difficult circumstances...
Howard

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
Yes joking aside seconded..

Also I thought the white Wisper as a police cycle really looked :cool: . Best one I've seen yet.

Black for the bad guys and white for the good guys. Am I allowed to say that? :confused: AHH who cares.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
What have you done today to help the UK be a better place to live ?
Well said SEATALTEA. There are too many people ready to jump on the Police Bashing Bandwagon these days. I would think that most of their critics would be cowering gibbering wrecks if they had to confront some of the situations that police officers do. It is absolutely pathetic that they then stand on the sidelines criticising and offering advice in condescending manner from the comfort of their homes, all with the benefit of hindsight.

I must say that I do find it amusing when people complain about the emergency services breaking speed limits. If they or a loved one were in dire need of assistance, being attacked for instance, and the nearest mobile police patrol was five miles away, would they be satisfied if the officer drove all the way within the speed limit?

Some sections of the public want an omelette but don’t want any eggs broken in the making! Pathetic.

Last edited:

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
I have been watching some of the Road wars and Police front line programmes on TV from the corner of my eye whilst trying to do something else.

I have nothing but admiration for the police - what these guys and gals have to put up with so the rest of us can travel safely or even walk the streets in city areas makes these jobs that few of us could do. If they needed a more powerful bike to their job for emergencies ( and spent the rest of the time switched to a law abiding mode) I would not be worried one jot.

Keep it up SEATALTEA.