Wisper Wayfarer H7 review

DannyLC

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 2, 2021
Got mine yesterday beautiful blue got it for commuting to work as i have bad knees great ride already changed to a more comfortable seat, i agree with the comments on the lcd display this is my second wisper bike i love this Wayfarer H7 Hub-Drive Step-Through easy to ride will be so happy next week riding to work and not having to get the Banjo express great reminder on why i first started riding to work :) well done wisper.

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
West sussex
Got mine yesterday beautiful blue got it for commuting to work as i have bad knees great ride already changed to a more comfortable seat, i agree with the comments on the lcd display this is my second wisper bike i love this Wayfarer H7 Hub-Drive Step-Through easy to ride will be so happy next week riding to work and not having to get the Banjo express great reminder on why i first started riding to work :) well done wisper.
Yes the LCD display needs a brightness adjuster for sure, i don't ride our Wayfarer as i have myself a Woosh Rambletta which i use to commute, so our Wayfarer is daytime use only when my partner comes out for bike rides so the lcd isn't an issue.
Ours is almost a year old now and been very nice to live with, it's covered 400+ miles now.
Battery range is still mega.

The few niggly issues we've had with our wayfarer....

The battery popping out, unless it's very firmly pushed in it won't latch so if you hit a bump it'll pop out and you lose all power! Happened half a dozen times now.

Spoke nipples rusting on rear wheel?? I thought/presumed they were stainless but there's definitely corrosion/rust. I've now used acf50 anti-corrosion spray on them.

Rear wheel securing tangs that stop wheel falling out(i presume, older bikes had them, washers with a tag on them), made from mild steel and they're rusting.....

Odd ticking/clicking noise on rotation of rear wheel only when ridden, i think its a spoke rubbing against another as they flex when wheel goes round.

Front suntour forks, the lockout mechanism keeps loosening inside the fork, common issue(see youtube), easy to notice when it happens as they don't lockout. Easy fix, just take off blue lever insert allen key and tighten up. Happened 5 times now.

Front brake useless, presumably the pads, no bite, no power, tried bleeding them, still v.bad.

Powercoat blue colour paint chips off the edges around battery very easily, annoying as I'm meticulous on keeping things pristine and perfect and still its happened but i guess using an e-bike this is expected...

Think that's about it. Nothing really, just minor niggles.

In comparison, i have to do way more 'proper maintenance' on my Rambletta, basically to stop things coming loose lol, but i do love that bike, its great fun to ride!

Congrats on your purchase, it's a solid buy the Whisper Wayfarer, 95% generally v.good quality all round imo, gearing is perfect, so easy to roll along on the big wheels/balloon tyres, brilliant for our first ebike.
Enjoy!!

DannyLC

Sep 2, 2021
Just used it for work on mine when i put the lights on the LCD panels dims a bit still getting used to it love the handling no more worrying about bumps in the road with these tyres its a joy to ride love the sport mode for a quick getaway from lights still finding new things on the bike had a wisper crossbar before this no comparison this is by far the best from wisper thank you for a wonderful beautiful bike the more i ride it the more i love it :)

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

DannyLC

Sep 2, 2021
Well first week of riding my trusty steed to work what a joy ease of use comfortable easy handling with these handle bars holds the road well for cornering great handling lights are great on dark mornings led controls are easy to use so glad i went for this Hub7 no complaints so far no complaints foreseen this is a great bit of kit designed and manufactured well best bike I have ever ridden this is the Muttz Nuttz thank you Wisper.

Fozziebear40

Jun 20, 2021
Can't wait for my Wayfarer Hub Drive Crossbar Adventure in red to come. Pre-ordered, maybe here end of October.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Can't wait for my Wayfarer Hub Drive Crossbar Adventure in red to come. Pre-ordered, maybe here end of October.
Hi Fozzie!

I’m off to the factory tomorrow, I’ll let you know how it’s going.

All the best, David

Reactions: Fozziebear40

DiggyGun

Pedelecer
Mar 21, 2021
England
The LCD is too bright at night, there's no adjustment on brightness and it affects your night vision a lot.
You can buy sheets that you stick on to reduce brightness, such as these, for example;
LightDims White Dims Light Dimming/Softening Sheet for Harsh LED Lights, Electronics and Appliances and More. Dims 15-30% of Light, 20cm x 27.5cm Extra Large Size.
by HPL Trading
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06WVKMYJN/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_YA3CXCCWJ33HZ0RYRP32

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi,

With the latest software you can adjust brightness levels and there is 3 of them. When you switch the lights on the display gets darker as well, so it may apply to a bike that is months old or more.

All the best, David

DannyLC

Sep 2, 2021
Why does it take so long for delivery of orders from Wisper Electric Bikes it is annoying as i am waiting for a set of pedals and a WISPER SINGLE CHAIN WHEEL 48T is there any chance this can be hurried up any time soon, :(

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Why does it take so long for delivery of orders from Wisper Electric Bikes it is annoying as i am waiting for a set of pedals and a WISPER SINGLE CHAIN WHEEL 48T is there any chance this can be hurried up any time soon, :(
Hi Danny, infuriating isn’t it!

We are having huge issues with deliveries at the moment. DX should collect at 16.00 every day. Currently they can go more than a week without a collection! On top of that getting parts is nigh on impossible.

If we have it in stock you’ll have it soon.

Why not drop me a line? David@wisperbikes.com

All the best, David :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yep bike parts are thin on the ground every LBS is short of most even e bike manufacturers, things can be a little slow and it effects everyone. The LBS/supplier is caught in the middle currently at the mercy of of both ends of supply and delivery.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Supply Chain Issues :rolleyes::D (I'll get my coat) I'm waiting for a whole bike from Wisper, end of November now.
Maybe even longer, we are way more than £3,000,000 worth of orders behind at the moment due to supply chain issues. As you can imagine is a real challenge and due to get worse next year.

Some bike companies are now quoting 2023 deliveries.

Let me help you with your coat! ;)

All the best, David

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i cant even get a battery from Germany and willing to pay the duty nope wont post it from none of the resellers all in the eu.

they said they could send a pallet of them tho but must be a bike retailer / company :rolleyes: