Woosh Sirocco CD vs Cyclotricity Stealth

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
it's not all £150 for the 5mph extra, the SR NCX parallelogram seat post pushed the price up to £849, you can get the Big Bear with Zoom or Promax sprung seat post for £809. It's worth the extra £40 it if you have loads of road bumps.

bikesbikesbikes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 3, 2014
yes it does...interesting...the sirocco cd stacks up close to the big bear....as said in this forum, am I right to say the big bear has more power than the CD?

bikesbikesbikes

Jun 3, 2014
how can I order the low profile seat version btw? i am only 5ft 8 and would like to get hold of that version most preferably

bikesbikesbikes

Jun 3, 2014
in my opinion, i reckon the sirocco 2 looks better than the big bear, the battery placement looks better tbh. but rear wheel drive may be disaster, i prefer front wheel drive.

bikesbikesbikes

Jun 3, 2014
do you have a big bear trex?
at only 175cm would it be wise to get the low profile seat post version?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
175cm, you will be fine with the Big Bear. Get the cheaper Bear with sprung seat post. The BPM motor on the bear is about 25% more powerful than the CD, which is about 25% more powerful than the Sirocco 2.

no, I don't have a Woosh bike. I ride a Specialized that I converted with a BBS01. I got the £200 bottle battery from Woosh.

hoppy

May 25, 2010
175cm, you will be fine with the Big Bear. Get the cheaper Bear with sprung seat post. The BPM motor on the bear is about 25% more powerful than the CD, which is about 25% more powerful than the Sirocco 2.

no, I don't have a Woosh bike. I ride a Specialized that I converted with a BBS01. I got the £200 bottle battery from Woosh.
Woosh's own graphs show CD & BB both have peak of about 550 watts, Sirocco about 400 watts.CD fastest and best climber per graphs.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I may be wrong but when I tried the Big Bear, it pulled so strongly at traffic lights that I even thought should have motor on the rear wheel and bottle battery for better friction, the CD seems a lot more gradual in power delivery.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
no way. the Bear pulls away much more strongly than the CD at traffic lights. where did you get the 7 seconds for the CD from? at most traffic lights, you would be on the flat, the CD would be in gear 6, 7 or 8.
even if you ramp up in 6, the Bear will still be faster at traffic lights reaching 15mph. BTW, you only need 195W to reach 15mph on flat roads.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
doesn't matter. the impression I've got is the Bear pulls away very strongly, a bit of a thug. the CD is more like my own bike, a proper lady, she's got muscle but also a gentle touch.

hoppy

May 25, 2010
OP needs to try them both. I find crankdrives more interesting to ride, hub motors more relaxing.

D

Deleted member 4366

Have a look on Ebay. There's loads there. Batteries are not normally included. A lithium battery is probably pushing your budget a bit.
Cyclotricity sell a basic kit for £399.