Woosh starts shipping Tongsheng TSDZ8 with 250W label

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One would expect the EN15194 to be 48v nominal and not max as the max figure is stupid one that makes no sense , who builds and uses 11s ?

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
One would expect the EN15194 to be 48v nominal and not max as the max figure is stupid one that makes no sense , who builds and uses 11s ?
Perhaps leaving out the term "nominal" when mentioning voltages is a convention used by writers of standards, and one mere mortals aren't made aware of?

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Still in the box waiting for nicer weather.
I wish you'd get on with it! There's been so much speculation on that horrendously contentious To7OrNotTo7WhatWasTheQuestion? thread, despite myself I'm curious about the TSDZ8, and I don't even want a torque sensored bike. Cold weather be damned, be the first to review! Or keep it refrigerated, like all cheeses it'll go off past it's use by date trapped in a box, lonely in deepest inky dark. :eek:

Last edited:

Voltsnamps

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 27, 2023
Thanks heaps for that Az, best emotor review I’ve ever seen, concise words and dyno readings without some smug git filming himself for a video in the web.
52v out of the box woo hoo
24 amps from controller, safe. So nearly the 25 my 02 gets happily, I’d possibly not notice.
73% effeciency on his “ dyno” interesting too, I’d like to see 02 and HD under same test. I “think “my HD is better but may have to rig up similar kit to find out.
As and when I can program one of these (Dan Nillson’s OSF .?) myself, I’m in
We’re all different but from this I’d have level one similar to first firmware, SFA assistance till you press hard, sounds ideal for shared paths etc, flick it up for road work, add some throttle for hills
He doesn’t mention but it would be brilliant if throttle immediately overides pas without the delay of tsz2 or jerkiness of Bafang. Both fixable with OSF , maybe this won’t need to be ?
Legal sticker as per thread title too, what’s not to like ?