Yose 350 rear hub kit - transplanted onto Scott !

Yak

Pedelecer
Mar 20, 2020
I hope it will - I’ve ordered that type so I can chop it up and see - but deliveries out here (Spain) from UK are a disaster at the mo and it could take weeks to arrive, so I expect I’ll try something else in the meantime. I hate not riding.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
today was the first decent day
I will thank you in advance for sending some of that fine weather our way! Glad you got a decent day, it's been so cold over here I will be using the little warm of the next few days to sort my PAS and strip the bike down, clean and re-wire...

Scorpio

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
^ @PC2017 The difference in weather is amazing considering I'm less than a days drive south of the UK. I spoke to a mate in the UK today who had just got back from sledging with his lad, over here today was the hottest day this year - the solar hot water was actually bubbling in the pipes so I had a long hot bath after the ride to celebrate the start of spring. Seeing a big happy frog in a puddle on one of the tracks confirmed it :) Hopefully some of the sunshine will be heading your way soon.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Nice one... I can not wait TBF - take care

Scorpio

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
This is now in the nice position of just needing minor tidy up jobs, today it was wheels as I had robbed the cassette and disks from my Mondraker to get this bike finished.
Shame the 29er disks are Shimano splined fitting and won't fit the 6-bolt 26" wheels I'm using, it would have been a lot easier if I could just swap the disks I had instead of having to buy new ones.
Front: temporary 160mm disk replaced with new 180mm, 180mm calliper refitted.
Rear: New 160 disk and the 29er cassette originally on this bike got fitted today. The old disk and cassette are now back on the Mondraker.
Bonus: I just found out this bike has rebound adjustment (edit: on the forks).
Overall, a good day :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Yak

Pedelecer
Mar 20, 2020
Just got anew cassette today; there’s something exciting about getting one of those blue and white boxes! And I’ll bite - what’s rebound? Suspension adjustment?

Scorpio

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
@Yak - just realised the "Rebound" photo is obvious only when you know the answer. Yep - it's fork adjustment - the dial is recessed at the bottom of the forks. I made a point of only looking at bikes with decent forks when I bought this, I checked online recently and even the handbook doesn't mention it.

Scorpio

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Reactions: PC2017

Scorpio

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
I’m still making changes, today I tried a scrap 28x1.6 front tyre on for a run to the beach. I like it, handles well and very little drag from the tyres.
Now I just need to find a way of getting a Curio 28” tyre smuggled out of the UK :D

The owner of the place I’m staying at asked if anyone know anyone who wants a working holiday. Hmm ... provisional advert “Must be able to do gardening, manual work, and have space in their suitcase to bring me a pair of tyres” :D PM me for more info:cool:

0B92576A-7881-4F74-B9F3-97D86D5F5D8F.jpeg

• :D

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Happy to hear the kt conversion works, interesting 26 29er setup, nice to put all the links as well, i have way too much work in my own garden tho algarve would be nice

Reactions: Scorpio and PC2017

Scorpio

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
I have a new favourite tyre size, 700/40 (maybe also 700/38 or /35) suits the gravel tracks and B-roads I normally use. I was so impressed with the ride on the scrap tyre I tried so I bought the same size new.
I’d heard of 28” sizes but not tried them, this one even comes with a label saying it’s E-bike ready (whatever that means), the reflective whitewall is a nice bonus.
I’d still like to end up with a pair of 29” rims with curio tyres but I’m happy for now.
F53EB3D6-94A7-4100-9722-ECAB385CE8F6.jpeg
Just back from my first ride on the new setup, 25kms in just under an hour is a good result as I’m out of practice :cool: