Yose 350 rear hub kit - transplanted onto Scott !

Yak

Pedelecer
Mar 20, 2020
I hope it will - I’ve ordered that type so I can chop it up and see - but deliveries out here (Spain) from UK are a disaster at the mo and it could take weeks to arrive, so I expect I’ll try something else in the meantime. I hate not riding.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
today was the first decent day
I will thank you in advance for sending some of that fine weather our way! Glad you got a decent day, it's been so cold over here I will be using the little warm of the next few days to sort my PAS and strip the bike down, clean and re-wire...

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
^ @PC2017 The difference in weather is amazing considering I'm less than a days drive south of the UK. I spoke to a mate in the UK today who had just got back from sledging with his lad, over here today was the hottest day this year - the solar hot water was actually bubbling in the pipes so I had a long hot bath after the ride to celebrate the start of spring. Seeing a big happy frog in a puddle on one of the tracks confirmed it :) Hopefully some of the sunshine will be heading your way soon.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Nice one... I can not wait TBF - take care

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
This is now in the nice position of just needing minor tidy up jobs, today it was wheels as I had robbed the cassette and disks from my Mondraker to get this bike finished.
Shame the 29er disks are Shimano splined fitting and won't fit the 6-bolt 26" wheels I'm using, it would have been a lot easier if I could just swap the disks I had instead of having to buy new ones.
Front: temporary 160mm disk replaced with new 180mm, 180mm calliper refitted.
Rear: New 160 disk and the 29er cassette originally on this bike got fitted today. The old disk and cassette are now back on the Mondraker.
Bonus: I just found out this bike has rebound adjustment (edit: on the forks).
Overall, a good day :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Yak

Pedelecer
Mar 20, 2020
Just got anew cassette today; there’s something exciting about getting one of those blue and white boxes! And I’ll bite - what’s rebound? Suspension adjustment?

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
@Yak - just realised the "Rebound" photo is obvious only when you know the answer. Yep - it's fork adjustment - the dial is recessed at the bottom of the forks. I made a point of only looking at bikes with decent forks when I bought this, I checked online recently and even the handbook doesn't mention it.

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Reactions: PC2017

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
I’m still making changes, today I tried a scrap 28x1.6 front tyre on for a run to the beach. I like it, handles well and very little drag from the tyres.
Now I just need to find a way of getting a Curio 28” tyre smuggled out of the UK :D

The owner of the place I’m staying at asked if anyone know anyone who wants a working holiday. Hmm ... provisional advert “Must be able to do gardening, manual work, and have space in their suitcase to bring me a pair of tyres” :D PM me for more info:cool:

0B92576A-7881-4F74-B9F3-97D86D5F5D8F.jpeg

• :D

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Happy to hear the kt conversion works, interesting 26 29er setup, nice to put all the links as well, i have way too much work in my own garden tho algarve would be nice

Reactions: Scorpio and PC2017

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
I have a new favourite tyre size, 700/40 (maybe also 700/38 or /35) suits the gravel tracks and B-roads I normally use. I was so impressed with the ride on the scrap tyre I tried so I bought the same size new.
I’d heard of 28” sizes but not tried them, this one even comes with a label saying it’s E-bike ready (whatever that means), the reflective whitewall is a nice bonus.
I’d still like to end up with a pair of 29” rims with curio tyres but I’m happy for now.
F53EB3D6-94A7-4100-9722-ECAB385CE8F6.jpeg
Just back from my first ride on the new setup, 25kms in just under an hour is a good result as I’m out of practice :cool:

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
I’ve been waiting for a parcel of bits for this bike, a mate in the uk kindly took delivery from a few different places, and put it all into 1 box then sent it to me in Portugal more than a month ago.
It’s stuck in customs with no sign of moving so I’ve resorted to fitting a temporary luggage rack while I’m waiting. A quick coat of black paint before fitting it made me a lot happier.

It’s very frustrating as the parcel has a new luggage rack, new 700c rim & spokes so I can resize the 26" rear wheel to match the 29" front, new tyres, and lots more bits.

I blame the EU customs union, and incompetent customs who are holding the parcel until I pay the customs duty - I 'm not refusing, it's just they're not saying where they've sent the request, I have no idea where it's gone but I've not seen it.
:mad:

72D8208B-7D6A-48C2-8F65-B1B3D50B260A.jpeg

The good news is the sun is out, the local beaches are near deserted (due to travel restrictions in different countries), and the bike is running great :cool:
AA579C49-1DFF-45FF-8CB6-28095F07FFB9.jpeg

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
It’s very frustrating
I bet, on the up side at least you glorious sun, we, or I have nothing but dull sky... Bike looks awesome, is that a flat downtube?

Reactions: Scorpio

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
@PC2017 thanks for the compliments - it's only the 2nd bike I've ever bought new (the other was before I was a teenager !). I paid £££ lots - slightly reduced as previous years model - and don't regret it at all :)
It's so nice having good air forks, hydro disk brakes, and the drive line is silent and smooth as silk compared to every other bike I've owned.
The down tube is oversized parallel oval, top tube is tapered triangular, seat tube is plain boring round but I like it :)

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Just a quick update as I’ve finally managed to get a 700C rim & spokes from the UK.
The tyres still need sorting but it now has a pair of matched 29er wheels :):)
C6C29800-F5D8-4FA8-9BD7-89FD1810F361.jpeg

Reactions: tunznath and PC2017

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
First impressions are I love the way the re-rimmed 700 rear wheel matches the original front.
I’m particularly happy that the rear hub motor with single cross spoke pattern matches the original front with 3 cross pattern :)

I’m still deciding about the power, more trips needed...
D055D009-C336-4CC3-AF0A-034EDD460CB5.jpeg

Reactions: tunznath and PC2017

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
I've not been using this for a while, now it's back in use one of the first jobs was to replace the "temporary" PAS.
Remove the Hollowtech2 axle, remove one of the spacers and refit the axle with the proper PAS bracket (to replace the cableties I was using :oops:)
The first problem was the bracket held the PAS sensor too close to the spindle so it rubbed on the bottom bracket. 5 minutes reshaping it with a light hammer in the vice fixed that issue :)

Next was wiring up the new sensor as the wire were different colours,
New red->old red,
Yellow->black,
Blue->yellow
(sounds odd but it works, info from https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/pas-wiring-help-please.35296/post-513882 ... thanks @Nealh )

Tomorrow in daylight I'll refix the PAS disk onto the cranks, after added a few extra magnets to convert from 8 to 12 ;)

A friend from the UK is touring this area on a road bike and has offered to buy me coffee and cakes if I meet her at cycle-friendly cafe that is on her "must visit" list. I'm guessing I have 3 days to get ready for a 40 mile round trip - should be fun :eek:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The colours to some do seem odd and anyone who knows no better would simply have joined R/R , Y/Y & B/B and assumed the PAS as faulty.
5v is nearly always Red or some times Brown.
Gnd is usually always Black but if no Black is used then Yellow is used.
When one sees Black and Yellow on the same side Yellow is always the Signal wire.
So one has to forget about colour matching and use logic by sticking to the known values of the wiring.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Tbh messing about adding more magnets isn't worth it, more magnets may even cause issues depending on the controller type.

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
For background - I was very tempted to just guess which wires went where but knew I'd seen good info on here in the past (very likely yours for an earlier post ;)), I'm glad I spent time to find the link !

I'm using a "was Lisui now KT" kit from Yose. This originally had a 12 magnet PAS, to get this bike working I hacked an 8 magnet PAS disk to fit over the larger Hollowtech cranks. All I've done now is upgrade the temporary x8 disk to have x12 magnets - same as the original from Yose. It all makes sense to me but I know the history of the setup :D