Yose Power 350w 36v rear cassette kit with their 36v 10ah bottle battery £386

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The kits/lcd should come pre configured straight for use, though it is possible one or a batch might slip through.
For some reason the kits with KT controllers suffered issues so guess they had enough and changed to Lishui's. The KT's might have been a large batch order and the issue endemic with the software or programming. KT's I have bought on AliExp or PSW power have never given me any issues except for one which had a hot fets problem due to slow hilly riding.

Dali

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2020
The kits/lcd should come pre configured straight for use, though it is possible one might slip through.
I must be blind, I kept reading that as direction of pedal assist! I will check when I get home and have sent an email to Yose not to send anything yet. Yes it could be me then - red face.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I must be blind, I kept reading that as direction of pedal assist! I will check when I get home and have sent an email to Yose not to send anything yet. Yes it could be me then - red face.
Yes looks like you may have mistaken 4.2.1. as the 4.2.2 in the manual.

Dali

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2020
Yes there is. 4.2.1 in the manual shows it. The setting is 1 or 6. I bet you have 6!
Oh no there's not, oh yes there is! Panto is back and I am playing the lead it seems... you were absolutely right and it was on 6.

And I was so careful not to change anything! To get into advanced settings you have to hold set and down for ten seconds, but if you take your finger off the minus (down) key just a fraction after the set key it changes the speed sensor selection.

Good catch vfr400 and thank you. And my apologies to Yose power for casting doubt on their excellent kit.

Last edited:

FrodoBaggins

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2017
West Yorkshire
Oh no there's not, oh yes there is! Panto is back and I am playing the lead it seems... you were absolutely right and it was on 6.

And I was so careful not to change anything! To get into advanced settings you have to hold set and down for ten seconds, but if you take your finger off the minus (down) key just a fraction after the set key it changes the speed sensor selection.

Good catch vfr400 and thank you. And my apologies to Yose power for casting doubt on their excellent kit.
Only just read this. I wish I had seen it sooner as I could have helped you straight away

I have the exact same kit and messed about with the LCD (not having a clue what I was doing and why) set it to 6 and got the exact same problem.
Reset it exactly as everyone here has said and boom, all back to normal!

Its my first conversion and I think its great, no idea whether it will last and how it compares to others, but I have been quite a few places and the battery seems to never really drop below 2-3 bars.
Perhaps this is an illusion like the drag problem! :D

Do you notice that the jump from PA2 to PA3 is quite large? I think perhaps because of my normal riding speed, somewhere between 10 and 14mph

Dali

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2020
It is such an easy mistake that you would think Yose would warn about it, but when I cancelled the replacement hub they were going to send me they seemed not to be aware of the possible problem.

I haven't noticed a large jump between 2 and 3 I must admit (they are also the main ones I use).

Last edited:

Dali

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2020
Its my first conversion and I think its great, no idea whether it will last and how it compares to others, but I have been quite a few places and the battery seems to never really drop below 2-3 bars.
Perhaps this is an illusion like the drag problem! :D
Maybe like me you overpedal a bit so the motor switches off when it reaches the designated speed, that would make the battery last a long time. Poeple seem to prefer the KT type but the speed controlled Lishui really suits me and I am very impressed with the kit I have to say.

Interesting you mention the drag illusion - I understood it would happen on the hills so there was never any 'illusion' there for me, but it did happen on the flat a couple of times and I thought there was real drag going on, but it turned out the road it happened on was a slight incline that only looked flat so fooled my poor brain!

Reactions: FrodoBaggins

FrodoBaggins

Pedelecer
Jun 2, 2017
West Yorkshire
I do tend to still consider my ebike as an actual bike, so mentally in my head I always get a small buzz when the motor kicks in.
I am reasonably fit. I am by no means some lycra clad racing snake, but I could manage a 50 mile bike ride at around 12mph average.

To that extent Dali and others are right, 60% of the time I am just riding it without any assistance. Downhill of course the extra weight is great and on the flat, it just feels like a normal bike. The total weight of my bike is about 18kg

I am going to do the C2C on it after lockdown.
My mate has a "proper" ebike (some £3K job) with a mid drive motor. I will be really interested how we both fair over the few days.
My 10 year old donor bike, converted for £372 vs £3K will be interesting.
We are about the same level of fitness

I might secretly buy a spare battery for £200 (mainly because he cant as his cost about £1 million!), just so I can guarantee bragging rights

Reactions: vfr400

Slomoman

Just Joined
Aug 3, 2020
Just read about your problems with the Yose kit not showing the right speed. Last September I ordered a 26" hub kit from Yose, which I fitted to a cruiser bike. On the second drive it showed only 6 km/h max, sometimes just zero. YOSE was very friendly and send a new display, when this did not help, a new main loom. They where 100% unaware of the fault and did not have a solution. I had to sent them videos of the whole build and how it performed, producing the fault. When after about 60km the battery pack (also YOSE, but ordered from eBay) showed a work / work not fault, I was feed up and asked for a return label. A week later I ordered a second kit, this time in 28" with battery. In this kit the controller was integrated into the Hailong battery. Everything worked just fine, for about 15km. Then the speedometer decided to show 0-6km/h again. The "technician" from YOSE was just as clueless as the last time, this time he insisted in sending a new controller, but then changed his mind and sent a hub. I had to change the motor into my wheel. Still the display did not show speed, but the hub must have been from the junk bin, as it screamed like crazy and showed some manually made signs on the internals. The coils where wound very differently from the other motor, anything looked just like some 6 year kid old had tried to assemble it. Obviously a rejected sample from a low quality producer. Why the sent it with UPS extra fast courier (in only 3 days!) from China will stay a mystery. Shipping garbage to Germany at costs higher than my whole kit? Just makes no sense to me.
I made a new video, just like always and YOSE asked me to return the whole kit.

Even as this was a very unhappy ending, I must admit the kits worked just fine on both bikes. The motor is hardly audible and has quite some power in the 26" wheel, the 28" version is less powerful, as it is geared identically. They do about 35 km/h with full throttle, without pedaling.
Too bad the speedometer did not work, which made the speed limiter non functional too. This is illegal here in Germany and considered a crime. Nothing to joke about.

YOSE seems to have some quality issues that are not really their fault, but made outside of their factory. On the other hand, the people they call "technical staff" would not even be allowed to clean the floor in a comparable European company. If we are honest, a rear hub e-Bike drive with it´s components is not really rocket science. Any technician should be able to locate such a simple fault, that is explained to him with great patience and even documented on HD video clips. They insisted this could not be a problem in the programming or the settings of the display, which I may have changed. I asked about that about 5 times!

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Just read about your problems with the Yose kit not showing the right speed. Last September I ordered a 26" hub kit from Yose, which I fitted to a cruiser bike. On the second drive it showed only 6 km/h max, sometimes just zero. YOSE was very friendly and send a new display, when this did not help, a new main loom. They where 100% unaware of the fault and did not have a solution. I had to sent them videos of the whole build and how it performed, producing the fault. When after about 60km the battery pack (also YOSE, but ordered from eBay) showed a work / work not fault, I was feed up and asked for a return label. A week later I ordered a second kit, this time in 28" with battery. In this kit the controller was integrated into the Hailong battery. Everything worked just fine, for about 15km. Then the speedometer decided to show 0-6km/h again. The "technician" from YOSE was just as clueless as the last time, this time he insisted in sending a new controller, but then changed his mind and sent a hub. I had to change the motor into my wheel. Still the display did not show speed, but the hub must have been from the junk bin, as it screamed like crazy and showed some manually made signs on the internals.
The speed only reading 6km/h was explained in post #19 and the C500 manual setting 4.2.1. APs should be changed from 6 to 1. I'm surprised that Yosepower didn't know that.

You get screaming from the motor and weird speed displays when you don't push the motor connector in all the way to the marked line.

• Useful
Reactions: Dali

Slomoman

Just Joined
Aug 3, 2020
I fully understood this thread.
I just was very surprised to read about that easy solution of the "no speed shown on the display" problem of the YOSE kit.
Obviously the people at YOSE are still not able to understand and solve this very same problem I had last year with two different kits.
Just wanted to point out that the "technical staff" at YOSE seems to have no clue about the products they sell. This is quite sad, as the customer service is fast, friendly and seems to be really interested in helping with problems. Even the money was returned in only a few days.
Probably someone in the chain of command does not really want this company to customer sale to work.

The second hub they sent me was simply defective, the coils where not positioned correctly and touched the rotating part of the hub. It was 100% a part that was not meant for sale, but for return to producer.

What is still bothering me, a reset to factory settings did not change anything. So the " 6 instead of 1" setting must have been in the basic programming. YOSE asked me to reset and it did not help.

I was really sorry to return the kit, as both worked quite well for a very reasonable price and seemed to be of quite good quality (except for the the exchange hub).