Yosepower hub kits.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
controller connectors are not clear at all
Yer I agree nealh, close though, I was thinking of 2 options either way the cost/savings are marginal.

Thanks to wheeliepete for spotting this, and it was only added to topbikekits inventory 2 days so kudos amazing find
http://www.topbikekit.com/36v48v-6mosfets-sine-wave-controller-for-hailong-case-52pcs-cells-p-695.html
and then the yose power 48v HaiLong battery [When it's in stock]
https://www.yosepower.com/en/product/Downtube-Big-Power-48V13Ah-HaiLong-Lithium-E-Bike-Battery-with-USB-Battery-Switch-E-bike-DIY-70.html

Then that's it all done 48v keeping all waterproof wiring for easy connecting...
I was getting well on for this at £250 ish, HOWEVER the controller is 15a:(

So option 2 with the spares I have which include a few "outs" from a dead controller all julet, splice the wires to a standard controller which we've look at before, I think it was 48v 20a (350w) from aliexpress and any fair priced battery and I should be good to go - only pain the wiring!

Would somebody think of the WIRING lol:D

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
My conversion is built, 1st ride out Sat am, very pleased with the results. Pics to follow. Havent tweaked any LCD3 settings, just default. The bike handles well off road, lighter than the Crossfire-e I have, and as a smaller frame easier to handle. Plus of course it's quicker :)

Reactions: lyme

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire
Looking forward to seeing the pictures and pleased everything went OK with the conversion and your pleased with it. If I can ever learn how to put photos on here I will post some as well.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Pics should be simple to upload, once saved to your pc pics file.
In the reply box select ' upload a file'. It will auto go to my docs on your pc , select the pics tab on the Lhs pain. In pics select the file then open , then select the pic and open . It should then upload to the reply box you opened in the thread.

• Informative

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire
I will give it a try which then poses another problem as all my pics are on my phone and it will not download to my PC for some reason so I have to take micro sd card out and put in PC.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
problem as all my pics are on my phone
Depending on the phone - use a micro USB cable if its android then on the phone it should ask if you want to USB charge - Sync phone or Media Transfer files (or something to that effect) choose media transfer then depending on the security you have on your phone it should allow you to see your phone as a DISK drive on the PC it may require a password, then look for the DCIM folder and somewhere in there (maybe another folder) should be your pics

• Informative

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
in use with Q128c so just swapped motor wheel, I find the Yose hub to be better esp with no power.
That's good to know, I was looking at a Q128c for my next build but will probably try this motor instead.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Don't get me going on phones, I find them totally alien.

PC2017 beat me to it.
SD or phone will show up under 'my device' in 'my pc' in Lhs pane You should be able to save transfer pics to pc or directly select a pic to down load..

• :D
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Plus of course it's quicker
Sweet, you sound a happy man - all went well I assume!

For every1 - Just had an email from topbikekit - they said they will consider some NON - stealth style controllers with JULET connectors, as I mentioned that the waterproof connectors are popular in the UK customer service has passed this info on to management AND he also mentioned that they can custom make batteries based on current style cases, I will email them back for a quote on a hailong 48v and compare the YOSE prices including delivery!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's good to know, I was looking at a Q128c for my next build but will probably try this motor instead.
Only problem with Yose hub you have to buy the whole kit where as Q128c you don't.
Q128C is about £130 delivered + duty, YOSE kit is about £180 though you can sell the controller and lcd3 and pas etc to bring costs down.
LCD, controller etc should sell quite easily for/as 36v replacement items

As mentioned use the Yose at 48v where it really comes to life with 20a.

Reactions: namwos

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

PC2017 beat me to it.
I have a blackberry and for all the flak they get the file transfer is so smooth and easy, PC software via wi-fi no messing with cables or bluetooth and If the phones in the bedroom it doesn't matter its got a 20 meter range. I can also txt from the laptop too - That said I think you can now link your android phone to windows 10 via wi-fi but don't ask me how!

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
IMG_20180827_111123-1440x810.jpg Quick pic of my conversion, a little cable tidying and covering up, but the built in controller in the battery case saves having a separate bag. I took apart the pas sensor and left off the back so it would fit, gaffer tape hold it, will replace with slimmer one that I think a fellow forum poster has ordered if it works out. The scariest bit was drilling the frame down tube and fitting a rivnut, just took my time and it was fine. Looking forward to getting out on it when I have a moment spare

Attachments

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
a little cable tidying and covering up
Looking nice man... super light, that hialong battery is very slimline, I like...

I was thinking about cable tidying, as mine is front hub I have a lot of trailing cables but as yours is rear, those little plastic boxes you can get for hiding a small controller might work, it would sit where your cables are now, pop your cables in and seal it up or locate it underneath the battery on the downtube if you have no cables in the way, I have not had a close look at one of those boxes, as i too have the pleasant look of a "stealth" it was a selling point with mine I didn't want pesky kids playing with my bike when its lock up somewhere and find a controller hidden in a bag, not that anyone really notices though, maybe a bit of first ebike paranoia.:D

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I have a blackberry and for all the flak they get the file transfer is so smooth and easy, PC software via wi-fi no messing with cables or bluetooth and If the phones in the bedroom it doesn't matter its got a 20 meter range. I can also txt from the laptop too - That said I think you can now link your android phone to windows 10 via wi-fi but don't ask me how!
https://www.airdroid.com/

Airdroid for Mac Linux or PC

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Airdroid for Mac Linux or PC
I will have a look at that - thanks

I have just ordered a thumb throttle from topbikekit, it was most definitely a strange experience, but hay at least I now have an account with them - happy days!:rolleyes:

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire

PC2017 beat me to it.
SD or phone will show up under 'my device' in 'my pc' in Lhs pane You should be able to save transfer pics to pc or directly select a pic to down load..
Problem I have is laptop does not recognise phone at all yet I previously had two identical phones which connected no problem.

Bike looks good egroover and pleased your impressed with it so far.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Problem I have is laptop does not recognise phone
That is a curious one lyme -

Here's 3 idea's- If you have email on your phone and the SAME email account on the laptop or access to it via the laptop, then using the phone to email the picture(s) as attachments to the email address you are using to send them, ie email them to yourself, they should instantly appear in your inbox, then on the laptop access your email and they SHOULD be there waiting for you to open as a normal email and then download the pics to your laptop!

I hate bluetooth

BLUETOOTH, if your laptop has bluetooth switch that on and make both the laptop and phone discoverable (spell check does not like the word discoverableo_O) and then transfer the picture files individually via bluetooth.

Other than that, it's if your phone has access to cloud storage save them to the "cloud" then access your cloud provider via the laptop - That's an off the cuff suggestion I now have no idea what I am talking about, I personally have 3 files on the cloud, google i think but how they got there and what files they are is a complete mystery:p

• Informative

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
That is a curious one lyme -

Here's 3 idea's- If you have email on your phone and the SAME email account on the laptop or access to it via the laptop, then using the phone to email the picture(s) as attachments to the email address you are using to send them, ie email them to yourself, they should instantly appear in your inbox, then on the laptop access your email and they SHOULD be there waiting for you to open as a normal email and then download the pics to your laptop!

I hate bluetooth

BLUETOOTH, if your laptop has bluetooth switch that on and make both the laptop and phone discoverable (spell check does not like the word discoverableo_O) and then transfer the picture files individually via bluetooth.

Other than that, it's if your phone has access to cloud storage save them to the "cloud" then access your cloud provider via the laptop - That's an off the cuff suggestion I now have no idea what I am talking about, I personally have 3 files on the cloud, google i think but how they got there and what files they are is a complete mystery:p
Google is evil but not quite as evil as facejunk. At least they (Google) tell you that your data will be used to target advertising at you, the other lot take your data and do as they please with it.

You can use the Google drive and Google photos to store stuff and it will be available from all your connected devices. After several hard drive crashes I gave up keeping stuff I need at home and so they (Google) look after it for me and it is free up to 15 Gb.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Google is evil but not quite as evil as facejunk
Haha quiet right good sir... I call it "faceit" face it your data will be sold to the highest bidder! - I have never signed up with facebook nor twitter, nor instangram -

I gave into youtube and google which came with google plus what ever that is, I have had one google+ follower from the start, he lives in the USA and works for BMW, I don't know why he follows me, I have never posted anything on google+, youtube I did post on and every time without fail I get corrected - me I love it!:rolleyes:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Quick pic of my conversion
Torque arms are no fun at all, did it not want to fit between the nut and frame? I understand how hard it can be installing a TA my video got slammed on my "take" of a front internal TA, since that video I have made some changes, using my old eyelet which is now the correct size and it is now anchored to the front of my forks not behind - you may want to try and re-position that if you can.