Yosepower hub kits.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Off road run last night, great ride, the motor feels at least as torquey as the suntour on the crossfire-e, but the real buzz is 23mph on the flat with 80-100w at the motor. Total ride was 18 miles on pas level 5 at all times , display showing half left of the yosepower kit 36v 13ah battery, so pleased with the range considering it was up and down and gravel and bumpy. I don't know much about the world of conversions but this kit has exceeded my expectations. Has turned a neglected old mtb into something I'll get a good buzz from hitting the trails.
Cheers to all for your great advice on my 1st conversion....I can see how you can catch the bug with this stuff lol

Reactions: lyme

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
I ordered a Yosepower CST hub kit form Elifeshop on ebay and it arrived on 22nd Dec, 6 days after placing the order. Warehouse location in Germany and total cost £184.

In the box:
The CST hub came laced in a 700c rim though there are 3 or 4 rim sizes to choose from, rim is silver and black with silver hub. Spokes silver and 13G, the rim is tightly laced with no loose spokes and all giving a nice ping when plucked.
Other kit components;
KT lcd3 with Yose Y01 decaling P & C parameters menu's as per usual, comes with 575mm extender cable.

Controller is KT 15a max with 50v caps so not for use at 13s/48v though 12s should be ok if you keep cell voltage under 41.5v, controller is quite small at 53mm x 84mm x 31mm.

PAS sensor is the KTV12L so ideally for sq taper on the non drive side. If the plastic splines were removed it has a 24mm dia so it possibly could be fitted to work on octalink /hollowtech type crank sets if they are long enough.

Cable set is 4-1 easy fit with Julet connectors, battery lead is the moulded 2 pin /2 part connector with bullet tails on the battery side. Hub motor cable/connector is long and easily reaches the saddle post.

A pair of E brake levers for wired brakes.

Triangle controller bag with logo 220mm L x 180mm D and 18mm bottom ringed cable entry.

A few tools come with the kit;
Crank puller.
Cassette/freewheel tool.
Chain whip.
Allen key set.
Also a couple of gimmicky led spoke lights.

Hub axle is 10 x 12mm and fits straight in replacing any Q or Bafang motor or any other with the same axle, width is std 135mm. I elected to remove my Q128C on my Boardman and the Yose fitted straight in with no gear adjustment needed, I didn't use the supplied KT kit as I already have a dual voltage controller wired up with lcd3 etc.

On Boxing day I rode out for a 65 miles down to Brighton/Shoreham and home and in operation the Yose appears to have good power and doesn't feel far off the Q128c , though in theory should be less as one is 350w and the other 500w and seems as quiet in operation.
At 36v 32km/h Yose CST is a about 1 - 1.5mph faster then the Q under my steam ( I topped out at 22.5 mph on the flat ), Yose is quoted as 270/280 rpm on ebay page so not to dissimilar to the Q which is believed to be 260rpm rather then the 201 stated on BMSB as it easily exceeds 15mph @36v,
The Yose max watts I saw in PAS 5 was 705 with my 20a controller, hub is 350w rated with a sticker that fell off !!!! There is a 350 engraving and serial no on the screw on side plate but this is obscured by the cassette
Power wise I saw watts approx. as;
PAS1 85w.
PAS2 155w.
PAS3 270w.
PAS4 360w.
PAS5 705w.

Next ride out I plan to try 12s lipo or 13s lion to see how nicely it runs, generally though I don't see a lot of issues and should give the Q128c a good run for it's money. Comparatively the Yose works out cheaper then a Q128c kit as there are no shipping or import fees involved.
Hi mate, think I'm going to order the 350w rear drive kit, but I will need a different controller as I have a 48v and a 52v battery I would like to use with it...I'm worried about the wiring as I know I will have to cut the connectors. If I run into any problems don't suppose you help in return for cash?? As i think we live near eachother....tim

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Cutting soldering cables is a last resort or only necessary for a repair and can leave an untidy result in my view sep with julets and muil wires. Easier alternatives are available and saves potentially messing up nice kit , also is time consuming

In buying a 48v dual volt controller which will have different fittings sm 2/3 wire connectors instead of Julet, it is easier and less troublesome to buy the appropriate lcd pas, throttle etc, etc with the controller for not much more money as a kit, it is plug and play just different connectors though you need to house the controller/wiring etc.
The 15a controller pas, throttle, lcd etc resell on ebay as often finding UK julet fitting peripherals for sale can be expensive or harder to find.

Kits oem often have the julet or higo connector where as after market ones tend to have sm ones.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/36V-48V-500W-Brushless-DC-Sine-Wave-Controller-LCD-or-LED-Throttle-Brake-Lever-PAS-Speed/1314442_32622130199.html?spm=2114.12010612/itm2home-1.8148356.40.3d7411baQuTmKP

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
it is easier and less troublesome to buy the appropriate lcd pas, throttle etc, etc with the controller for not much more money as a kit,
I tend to agree with you here, however I have a few spares all julet and don't like to waste not to mention that the LCD3 setup is $100 at paypal's exchange rate your looking at best part of £85, to me that seems a lot of expense, that's why I mentioned to topbikekit the julet connectors on after market parts would IMO sell well over here, and it seems like they've started with that 48V controller for the hailong battery rack, its a small revolution, but it is happening fingers crossed.

controller as I have a 48v
Assuming you have Julet moulded connectors...

On topbikekit there is a Julet wired 48v controller for the hailong "stealth" battery rack, however I don't see any problems with making a top cover for it from plastic or even get something 3D printed** for it, wire it up to your existing battery/rack and use it as a loose controller, the only problem I see would be waterproofing.

There is now some drop down boxes for up-selling purposes, but it is a good idea.

http://www.topbikekit.com/36v48v-6mosfets-sine-wave-controller-for-hailong-case-52pcs-cells-p-695.html (wheeliepete found this)

(**not that I have a 3D printer but there is online 3D printing services out there)

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
I tend to agree with you here, however I have a few spares all julet and don't like to waste not to mention that the LCD3 setup is $100 at paypal's exchange rate your looking at best part of £85, to me that seems a lot of expense, that's why I mentioned to topbikekit the julet connectors on after market parts would IMO sell well over here, and it seems like they've started with that 48V controller for the hailong battery rack, its a small revolution, but it is happening fingers crossed.

Assuming you have Julet moulded connectors...

On topbikekit there is a Julet wired 48v controller for the hailong "stealth" battery rack, however I don't see any problems with making a top cover for it from plastic or even get something 3D printed** for it, wire it up to your existing battery/rack and use it as a loose controller, the only problem I see would be waterproofing.

There is now some drop down boxes for up-selling purposes, but it is a good idea.

http://www.topbikekit.com/36v48v-6mosfets-sine-wave-controller-for-hailong-case-52pcs-cells-p-695.html (wheeliepete found this)

(**not that I have a 3D printer but there is online 3D printing services out there)
I just wish there was more availability from UK as I have never orders from china and don't really want to. Suppose mingling to Have to...

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I have never orders from china and don't really want to
oh by the way - Hi tim and welcome!:)

I have used Gearbest for action cameras, banggood for little bits(Thailand) and fasttech - YOSE is a china company using a warehouse in Germany to ship stock it saves us and I believe them money on customs duty...

Topbikekit is and UNSECURED site but if you pay with paypal you should be alright, I made a purchase yesterday albeit $10.00 for a throttle, I have emailed them and they seem like good guys and if it goes pear shaped I will be having words with paypal, I find them to be very fair when things go wrong, that said I have never had a "china" shipment go missing in fact I have had more trouble with UK based firms and Royal mail then with any orders from oversees.

The only things to remember is stuff from China unless you pay high for P&P will take {swear word} ages to arrive! I have found that Customs rarely stop stuff HOWEVER if it is over £15.00 they can/will charge VAT and then there's a list of other values and charges + Royal mail will notify you that you have been charged and then charge an admin fee on top of that, on $50.00 i worked it out to be £18.00 charge luckily they missed my camera!
Also be aware of statements like "customs duty included in the price" I have not done any research into this and DO NOT KNOW if its true!

Other than that you could post a WANTED ad on here in the classified you might get a bite

Tim Goffin

Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2018
West sussex
oh by the way - Hi tim and welcome!:)

I have used Gearbest for action cameras, banggood for little bits(Thailand) and fasttech - YOSE is a china company using a warehouse in Germany to ship stock it saves us and I believe them money on customs duty...

Topbikekit is and UNSECURED site but if you pay with paypal you should be alright, I made a purchase yesterday albeit $10.00 for a throttle, I have emailed them and they seem like good guys and if it goes pear shaped I will be having words with paypal, I find them to be very fair when things go wrong, that said I have never had a "china" shipment go missing in fact I have had more trouble with UK based firms and Royal mail then with any orders from oversees.

The only things to remember is stuff from China unless you pay high for P&P will take {swear word} ages to arrive! I have found that Customs rarely stop stuff HOWEVER if it is over £15.00 they can/will charge VAT and then there's a list of other values and charges + Royal mail will notify you that you have been charged and then charge an admin fee on top of that, on $50.00 i worked it out to be £18.00 charge luckily they missed my camera!
Also be aware of statements like "customs duty included in the price" I have not done any research into this and DO NOT KNOW if its true!

Other than that you could post a WANTED ad on here in the classified you might get a bite
Great, actually in no rush as am very happy with my build, just wish I went with abit less power as I find I don't go over 20mph and would rather abit more efficiency so I can get a few more miles from my set up...done a lot of research before buying it all but as always, you don't know untill you try...my 1500w is overkill, was thinking of maybe removing one of the 2 shunt wires to half my ampage?. Maybe stop the watts going up so intensely

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Had my first major issue today with my set up @ 48v, not the hub but the KT dual controller.
It overheated and shut down following a steep hill climb, Ovingdean to Falmer Stadium and then on to the downs. Error 06 came up which is controller short this is China speak for Fets overheating and thermal shut down.
Once allowed to cool I was back up and running, controller being in an Alpkit triangle/under bar bag there is no cooling airflow.
Back at home and 15- 20 mins later issue sorted.
1 x 80mm x 60mm heat sink glue on using silicone thermal paste. 2 x 5v mini fans screwed on wired in parallel and an already 2p 1s 18650 battery welded together with small 1s bms , 2 pin sm discharge connector and a screw on charge connector added utilised for independent cooling.
The 5v mini fans use <10mah or something low so a pair of 18650's will run these for a day or two if needed.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: anotherkiwi

dav

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 20, 2018
croatia
Did you change it alright??
I'm on default, it is fine and it will stay like that. I messed with options and firstly throttle was working in ratio with pas, but pas alone did not work, afterward I changed setting to make pas work but at one climb I heard noise from the motor on the steep part so I changed it into default and I will keep it that way. I changed all parts from my old bike but the frame, it took some time, until gears were not fixed I used thumb throttle for driving, but now I dont use throttle at all.

I think kit is great, it have nice sound and feel, it is so good that I will get one more kit from yosepower, but it seems that everything is out of stock.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I think kit is great, it have nice sound and feel, it is so good that I will get one more kit from yosepower, but it seems that everything is out of stock.
Word is out, they are to good to believe for the money.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Had my first major issue today with my set up @ 48v, not the hub but the KT dual controller.
It overheated and shut down following a steep hill climb, Ovingdean to Falmer Stadium and then on to the downs. Error 06 came up which is controller short this is China speak for Fets overheating and thermal shut down.
Once allowed to cool I was back up and running, controller being in an Alpkit triangle/under bar bag there is no cooling airflow.
Back at home and 15- 20 mins later issue sorted.
1 x 80mm x 60mm heat sink glue on using silicone thermal paste. 2 x 5v mini fans screwed on wired in parallel and an already 2p 1s 18650 battery welded together with small 1s bms , 2 pin sm discharge connector and a screw on charge connector added utilised for independent cooling.
The 5v mini fans use <10mah or something low so a pair of 18650's will run these for a day or two if needed.
My heat sink is bigger than yours! :p

It has been a long time since I assembled a PC do you have a link for the silicone thermal paste please Neal? Did you have to shave any metal off the controller box to get it as flat as possible for better thermal contact?

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Word is out, they are to good to believe for the money.
Yep, my brother now wants one for his missus bike, all out of stock. They come in and out of stock a lot, shame they don't just ship in loads from China in one go, they'll sell them no problem. Now I'm sorted on mine, will be looking to get a spare battery for when I take the bike to the forest for offroading, leave the charged up spare in the car and swap out when one runs out (as will be on full power of course)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My heat sink is bigger than yours! :p

It has been a long time since I assembled a PC do you have a link for the silicone thermal paste please Neal? Did you have to shave any metal off the controller box to get it as flat as possible for better thermal contact?
Is that called bragging rights :D.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/31G-Thermal-Grease-Paste-Compound-Tube-for-CPU-PC-VGA-Processor-Heatsink-Cooling/332408820652?_trkparms=aid=555017&algo=PL.CASSINI&ao=1&asc=20170912102133&meid=00c03bc1992e4a07abb7bbc2acad5ab6&pid=100754&rk=1&rkt=1&&itm=332408820652&_trksid=p2045573.c100754.m4842

No shaving of material just stuck it on the back and boy does it stick once cured.
I must remember to ride without the mini fans on first to allow the heat to cure it.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
It overheated and shut down
Nice little fan setup by the sounds of it, have you but could it be a sign the controllers on its way out?
Have you done this hill many times before?? how many miles has it done?

all out of stock
The 48v HaiLong batteries are out of stock last time I looked:mad:

A spare battery comes in handy defo recommend getting one! I get 20-25 miles on full pelt, little wind, long steep hills and some bumpy gravel tracks - I do store my spare battery in my back pack done this for ages now not one problem, maybe adds a some weight to the bike, but hey I have 2 batteries, just remember to always secure the bag and if it has 2 zips put them both at the side bottom not together at the top they tend to open by magic!

My heat sink is bigger than yours!
Any pics guys..... or your HEAT SINKS only please:eek::rolleyes:

throttle was working in ratio with pas, but pas alone did not work
If your happy on default that's cool, I was on default for a good 6 months it all depends on your riding style - but I will have a look into the fact the PAS was not working and a noise that's one to keep an eye on or an ear!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Nice little fan setup by the sounds of it, have you but could it be a sign the controllers on its way out?
Have you done this hill many times before?? how many miles has it done?

Any pics guys..... or your HEAT SINKS only please:eek::rolleyes:

!
Controller done about 1700 miles not happened to this one before but if no airflow to cool then will warm up and get hot in enclosed space (at the time was on pas 5 for a km or two) FETS get hot and shut down the internal gate closes to cause the temporary short then once cooled resets.
Happened before with my Luishi 20a controller, did the same mod on that and it worked a treat and didn't get hot again.

100mm x 60mm HS. £3 or £4 on ebay.
DSCF0202.JPG
DSCF0203.JPG
2P 1S using old Sanyo 2200mah lap top cells.
DSCF0204.JPG

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Controller done about 1700 miles
So where did you locate the fans on the the top of HS? and I assume the air flow was like a PC sucking hot air out not blowing cold air in, or would I be wrong!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A pair of mini fans are sat on the fins and m4 screws used, these grip nicely between the fins. Fans are blower type passing cooler air over the heatsink using the channels to aid flow.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
A pair of mini fans
Still in a triangle bag??

Oh I was imagining one fan either end of an open controller or with holes in the panels, one blower one remover, with the heat sink on top just for add effect, but I suppose my idea kills any waterproofing - just of of curiosity how hot are we talking about before cut off?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Finger burning hot. That is how hot my controller got in a bag and it wasn't even cutting out, now it is in an air tight box so i can't touch it. Probably just as well...:D

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe