Yosepower hub kits.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If one wants a display that is smaller the the LCD 4 or 11 might fit the bill, both have all of the lcd3 functions bar the watts output & amb temp function. The same parameter P & C's all available.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I rode in heavy rain
Did you try the rice trick, I did on my first LCD3 after a major "caught out" summer storm, lucky I had a spare and used that for a week whilst the other rested in the rice, it actually worked like a treat, if you haven't tried turning it on since the rain, it could be salvageable, as for laptops the water ingress its self doesn't necessarily kill it, it happens mostly when you apply power just look at ultrasonic cleaners, interesting stuff tbf.

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
Did you try the rice trick, I did on my first LCD3 after a major "caught out" summer storm, lucky I had a spare and used that for a week whilst the other rested in the rice, it actually worked like a treat, if you haven't tried turning it on since the rain, it could be salvageable, as for laptops the water ingress its self doesn't necessarily kill it, it happens mostly when you apply power just look at ultrasonic cleaners, interesting stuff tbf.
Since I don't have any spare and the bike is my commuter to work I hoped it would solve itself by just leaving the bike in the sun for a couple of days. As I rode it to and back from work. It's been getting worse and worse so I guess that did not work :)

I will buy from yosepower since they have the lcd3 in stock in germany right now. Once I get it I'll have a look inside the broken one to see if there's anything to do...

Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Since I don't have any spare
I know all to well how easy bits fail, that's the main reason I purchased a load of Aliexpress spares before the impending doom of the cost of living crisis bites. Tbf I now have an entire kit+, just in case. It is surprising how much we have become accustom to our ebikes just been ready to go at the push of a button.

It's a shame I haven't got a spare laptop, this one is near eol.

Downward

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 22, 2022
Hi all.
Can you only fit the battery holder/controller one way ?
The bolts on the Trek Womens range is right down the bottom. No chance of fitting it the way with controller at the bottom using the existing bolt holes.
The bottom bolt hole of the holder won’t even fit with the top of the bike bottle holder hole.

EG

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For fitting the battery holder one has to fit extra rivnuts ( I don't like doing so as it ruins the appeal of the frame) or use a wolf tooth B-rad mounting rail available from sigma sports, it is an extended frame rail with elongated rail fixings so one can buy 2 ,3 or 4 slot rails.
Wolf Tooth Components B-RAD Mounting Base - 3 Slot | Sigma Sports

They are rated for about 1.5kg, I use a veclco or a plactic cam buckle as an extra measure for security around the frame and battery.

Downward

Aug 22, 2022
Thanks.
Fitted the kit last night. Hardest was getting the crank off it was proper wedged over the 10 years. Cassette wouldn’t budge but just bought a new one. Is the throttle restricted speed wise ? As we live on a big hill i could only try it a bit as it’s the wife’s bike and she is a foot shorter so i couldn’t pedal !

Downward

Aug 22, 2022
If I get a kit for my bike can I get a bottle type battery which is smaller separate to use on the wife’s bike ?
The battery that comes with the Yose kit is just too big size wise

Downward

Aug 22, 2022
Morning.
Any idea where I can get a replacement magnet for the brake lever sensors ?

Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any neodymium magnet will suffice, one can get them readily from ebay, amazon etc ,etc.

• Agree

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
Anybody know where I can buy this spare part? It's the cassette holder and motor cover for the first generation yose power 350w kits (rear). Apparently they have changed supplier and don't supply these anymore. Mine is acting up for the second time but I have no idea on where to get it.

Anybody have a clue?

Attachments

• Informative

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Mine is acting up
Could it the bearing that's acting up or do you mean something else. I never knew they sold these parts as replaceable units.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What is the issue with the hub carrier ?

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
Could it the bearing that's acting up or do you mean something else. I never knew they sold these parts as replaceable units.
Don't think so, I changed these just a couple of months ago.

What is the issue with the hub carrier ?
Well, I changed the first one after about 5000km and got a new one from yose power under warranty. That one started to slip when pedeling, especialliy in weather below freezing. I could sometimes go thru several revelations on the pedeals before I got traction. It sounded terrible to.

Now, the actual hub body is sounding like a bad bearing when rotating. I have not been able to take this actual part out since it requires special tooling but I think that that this body needs replacing. The hub body on these things is not standard Shimano but something special for these hub motors I guess.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of these parts failing at all. Makes me think I'm doing something wrong :)

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
Perhaps this can illustrate. This is the old hub motor cover and my present one sounds worse. This can't be solved by changing any of the visible bearings.

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
Perhaps this can illustrate. This is the old hub motor cover and my present one sounds worse. This can't be solved by changing any of the visible bearings.
This has gotten to the point where the pawls are constantly slipping. On my original cover plate it says "CZJB" which is a motor manufacturer but they need to know the model of the motor to help me with a spare part. Yosepower (believe it or not) can't find the information about which model of CZJB motors they used in 2019 for their 350W rear hub motors. Does anybody here know the model number of these motors?

If I can't get this spare part I see no other option but to buy a new wheel with motor again which seems really unnecessary and doesn't really solve the problem which lies in the fact that there's a seal missing on these motors that leaves the ball bearings and pawls exposed to water and dirt ingress.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Yosepower (believe it or not)
I can believe it, do they have any detailed measurement schematics of there current 350w rear hubs for cassettes? You could do some detailed measurements and cross ref to see if a shot in the dark would work if they just send you a spare side plate they have lying about, Chinglish is not their strong point if dealing with Alice, although I suspect "Alice" is some dude who knows how to use google translate & lockdowns could still be in place.

I would offer to contribute towards p&p if the need arises.

rm2001

Nov 26, 2022
Forgot to mention having fitted the wheel I had no need to dish the wheel as it sat bang in the middle of the stays.
What is dish the wheel ?
One of my concerns re yose front wheel conversion (for mtb / hybrid type bike ) is alignment of disk caliper with rotor.

The other is although yose spec a hub width (fairly standard 100mm) they dont spec a motor clearance or dimensions.
That is if motor dimensions fall within the cross section of a 700c wheel. Because some mtbs .. the forks are closer than 100mm as you move away from the axle.
Meaning there obviously is space for a 700c wheel to rotate .. but tight clearance if motor hub exceeds sweep of 700c wheel and spokes.
How did you find ride on road bike with no suspension ?
Thats why l went with front fork suspension and disks for ebike base.
In 2022 the potholes on roads are getting bigger each year .. and its getting darker. I live in area where none main roads street lighting is dimmed of off at night .. to save council electric bill. This was pre 2022.