Yosepower hub kits.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I wish I has the cash to set up a web shop
I've had similar thoughts AK, I think I had to use 6 or 7 different suppliers on my last build, inc. the battery parts. I think you would have to keep your margins low to temp folks not to wait for postage from China, but I do think the market is there.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
So I went to aliexpress and there is a shop called Bollfit (upside down ! instead of i) that does the KT 17 amp sine wave controller with jullet connectors. 2 x HW brake sensors (I have 2 front brakes...), bus cable, KT12D PAS and controller come in at 93€ delivered. Another shop for the LCD8S 53 € delivered = complete electronics for the trike @ 146 €.

The LCD 8 has nice big clear numbers and... a cadence display like the LCD6, very important with a mid drive IMVHO.

I've had similar thoughts AK, I think I had to use 6 or 7 different suppliers on my last build, inc. the battery parts. I think you would have to keep your margins low to temp folks not to wait for postage from China, but I do think the market is there.
Seeing the above I would be at 4 suppliers including Woosh for the GSM and a battery supplier.

Shop fees:
13.9% social security and tax
3.5% paypal fees
15€ shipping fees for UK from here
... profit???

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You want to be cafeful of that overvolting lark. According to some "experts" it may cause your wheel to collapse and your battery to explode!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!;)
Naughty but nice :cool:, I like your humour :D.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
... profit???
Yes, exactly. there are several Chinese sellers now that ship some stuff from mainland Europe, but only kits and batteries, but only sell the small stuff from China. Yose sell a few parts, but will only use DHL, which means £12 postage for a pedal sensor.:eek:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Topbike kit also sell some good stuff but not cheap, hence why I still use Aliexp for most of my parts. ordered quite a few items lately and all bar one item has arrived within 14 days which I don't mind.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
hich means £12 postage for a pedal sensor.
Thats still getting your goat to this day lol - I don't blame you I'l go up to £4 p&p but any more, well it boils wheeliepete up enough said!
I recent purchased some unrelated item from china via free airmail and they never arrived, used it several times with no problems, so them I re-order the stuff, only cheap ecig bits and paid for a UKe-express packet for $1.51(£1.20ish), here within 2 weeks, I don't see why these ebike parts companies can't offer this kind of discounted postage, perhaps they are not as big.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Anyone got any thoughts on this conundrum or is it me being thick...:confused:

LCD3 dillenger with the dillenger controller on the YOSE 250 front hub exceeds 15.4mph and does not switch off power when it hits 17mph it just seems to fade out...

LCD3 YOSE with the same motor and controller cuts off hard at 15.4mph LCD first setting speed set at 51kph all the rest of the setting are the same from a quick cross check I just did, but I will check again tomorrow...

My controller connector to the 4t1 cable has got water in and rusted up one pin hole :mad:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Anyone got any thoughts on this conundrum or is it me being thick...:confused:

LCD3 dillenger with the dillenger controller on the YOSE 250 front hub exceeds 15.4mph and does not switch off power when it hits 17mph it just seems to fade out...

LCD3 YOSE with the same motor and controller cuts off hard at 15.4mph LCD first setting speed set at 51kph all the rest of the setting are the same from a quick cross check I just did, but I will check again tomorrow...

My controller connector to the 4t1 cable has got water in and rusted up one pin hole :mad:
Although both KT, Kunteng offer OEM customisation to the customer so software/programming is likeli to be different.

Buy the PSWP ones and you again have different programming and have a speed wire for being naughty.

With julets I poke a bit of grease in them now as I has an issue on my Oxydrive throttle julet with moisture ingress and gave me problamatc issues until I sussed it.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
With julets I poke a bit of grease in them
I assume a really small amount, I too have issues with the throttle on rare occasion mainly after rain, would you put the grease on the pins before connecting or literally down the tiny holes, would petroleum jelly do?? - My job today is to change controller over to the one with a decent connector and I might have to go back to my first ever 4t1 cable it still works but has seen better days and the other 4t1 cables controller connector has got signs of metal oxidisation on the pins - even more of an excuses for a new kit:p

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I had some dielectric grease (green) and just applied a small amount in the pinned end any excess should squidge out, the pins are copper and I had a green moisture track from one to another causing my issue.

Got the colour wrong blue grease.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
green moisture track
Yer I think thats what I've got - I will have a look for some of that grease...
I might just buy another 4t1 cable as a spare

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I used a fine brush with isopropanol to clean the track up first.

Found the grease I used it was waterproof high temp electrical grease ACF 50 in a tube a blue dielectric grease, I originally got it to use on copper bus's when playing with Fruzend kit.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
isopropanol to clean the track
I was thinking the same, would that be akin to alcohol and could I use that on both the track and the pin?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes it will clean and evaporate you could use meths but isopropanol doesn't smell as bad.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Ooh I got some of that, for the small job i will try meths if I can salvage the 4t1 cable I will not have to re-route the new cable through my "Zuue" mesh sleeve cable tidy and fully rewire the LCD:eek:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Pin broke - fully rewired:mad: - buying new cable - at least the bikes running again

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Hi Guys,
Already an owner of the 26" Yosepower kit with Hailong 13ah 36v battery, now thinking of converting a 700c hybrid bike I own with the same kit, however, the kit which includes the battery is only available with the wheel that takes a freewheel instead of a cassette. Therefore I would have to buy the cassette 700c wheel kit separate (the silver hub version) and buy the battery separately, which is only available at present in the 10.4ah version, not the 13ah version. I'm trying to keep the kits the same but there are also differences between the controllers (cassette wheel controller is not built into the battery holder)...
So, if I go with the same version with same capacity battery ( https://www.yosepower.com/en/product/Hub-Motor-36V350W-Black-Hub-Motor-for-Rear-Wheel-28"(700C)-&-HL1-36V13Ah-Battery-Conversion-Kit-DIY-E-bike-112.html ) are there concerns about running a freewheel verses a cassette ? I've read the freewheel version has a weaker axle which can bend. The other issue I have is that the donor bike is 10 speed and the 10spd freewheels are rare and expensive

cheers all

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
If you want a cassette motor with intergrated controller and larger battery, buy a 26" kit and rebuild the motor into your 700c rim. A set of spokes with only cost around £15.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Sturmey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2018
Ireland
Hi Guys,
I've read the freewheel version has a weaker axle which can bend.
Hi. I fitted a 700c yose rear wheel with freewheel and it looks to have a very strong axle. The axle is over 14mm thick and this thick bit extends right out almost as far as the dropouts, with only a small width spacer used if necessary. Only a short length is reduced to 12mm and threaded. This contrasts with say my bafang axle which is 12mm and is threaded all the way in as far as the hub, with a large heavy spacer used. This axle arrangment can be clearly seen if you go to YOSE website and use magnify function.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: egroover

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Hi Guys,
Already an owner of the 26" Yosepower kit with Hailong 13ah 36v battery, now thinking of converting a 700c hybrid bike I own with the same kit, however, the kit which includes the battery is only available with the wheel that takes a freewheel instead of a cassette. Therefore I would have to buy the cassette 700c wheel kit separate (the silver hub version) and buy the battery separately, which is only available at present in the 10.4ah version, not the 13ah version. I'm trying to keep the kits the same but there are also differences between the controllers (cassette wheel controller is not built into the battery holder)...
So, if I go with the same version with same capacity battery ( https://www.yosepower.com/en/product/Hub-Motor-36V350W-Black-Hub-Motor-for-Rear-Wheel-28"(700C)-&-HL1-36V13Ah-Battery-Conversion-Kit-DIY-E-bike-112.html ) are there concerns about running a freewheel verses a cassette ? I've read the freewheel version has a weaker axle which can bend. The other issue I have is that the donor bike is 10 speed and the 10spd freewheels are rare and expensive

cheers all
A 10 speed freewheel won't fit in your dropouts, too wide.

Reactions: egroover