Yosepower hub kits.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Thanks all, great advice all round. Ideal would be as suggested, re-spoking the 26" kit into a 700c rim, but I've never built a wheel, and haven't the tools or the confidence to attempt it let alone end up with anything reasonably true.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
EM customisation to the customer so software/programming
Forgot about this post sorry - is there a battery inside the LCD3? and if so would removing that restore the original FD settings and wipe any third part programming?

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Forgot about this post sorry - is there a battery inside the LCD3? and if so would removing that restore the original FD settings and wipe any third part programming?
No there isn't.

FootSponge

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 28, 2018
Hi, I’m a newbie to Pedelecs and to ebikes in general, so excuse the stupid questions. I’m building an electric drift bike (picture attached) with my kids, just for fun. We’ve bought a 1000w 48v hub motor kit. It’s from DongDian ebike kits (via eBay), but I’m struggling to get it to work. The instructions are pretty poor. Any suggestions on how I progress? Or anyone have a wiring diagram? All help would be welcomed!!! Thanks in advanced!

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi, I’m a newbie to Pedelecs and to ebikes in general, so excuse the stupid questions. I’m building an electric drift bike (picture attached) with my kids, just for fun. We’ve bought a 1000w 48v hub motor kit. It’s from DongDian ebike kits (via eBay), but I’m struggling to get it to work. The instructions are pretty poor. Any suggestions on how I progress? Or anyone have a wiring diagram? All help would be welcomed!!! Thanks in advanced!
You should start a new thread about your 1kw D/D hub issues and not on this thread which is about a different type of hub motor/kit.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
received my topbikekit 4t1 cable and PAS [kt-d12l] Julet. I assumed wrongly that buying 2 items would lower the cost of p&p if it did, it was not by much, well needs must. it arrived in good time about 1 week maybe a few days out either way, total cost £21.00 including p&p , cost to buy UK ruff estimate would be ebay (china) £20 [4t1 julet] (uk) £20+p&p - PAS [julet] £12 - £19 free p&p - aliexpress about the same.

All items work as expected, the 8 pin controller connector is very tight, I got it all the way in (lol) very hard to disconnect, I suppose for water proofing this would be a good seal, so I am happy with that. All julet LCD and throttle connectors are spot on, nice and snug, the RED brake ends are 2 pin so compatible with my dillenger brake sensors.

The PAS perfect aside from the cable length for my purpose, where the controller is close to the battery mount, but future proofed enough should i decide on relocating my controller, which will happen when i moved to 48v (very soon):p

Oh and

A prosperous new year to you all - of course

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:eek: 48v oh you naughty boy :D.
Watch out as new forum doom and gloom merchants will likely tell you of crashing and burning and how you will not get any advantage in doing so, sadly it sounds like they have never actually tried yet and continue to read from their theory books.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Good to read this thread is still going strong. Just ordered a few days ago, when ebay had the 15% off voucher, a yosepower Hailong LG celled 10.4ah 36v battery at £141 delivered to go with my yosepower old school MTB 26" conversion (kit came with the yosepower 13ah battery). Ideal swap out to leave in the forest car park for extended fun, or to sling in the triangle frame bag for further afield.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
My hub is still going fine and @48v. Although I have no worries about the hub taking 800w at times, I my tinker a bit more and thinking about introducing oil cooling with addition of 30- 40ml of ATF or 10ml Ferro.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
48v oh you naughty boy
Yep you wait I'll be the one that has my battery internal combust as my motor starts flaming from the sides when I reach 20mph going down hill!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'l pop me gopro on every time i got just in case lol
You might have long wait or a flat Gopro:rolleyes:.
Hubs can stand quite a bit of abuse before imploding , batteries are usually fine unless you abuse them physically.
An SWXH can take 40a @ 15s/ 54v nom with oil cooling , you will have little problem with a Yose.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
flat Gopro
Too true I have a USB charge cable from battery to the cam with a side hole in my case after some git cut me up, swore at me because it was my fault for just being a cyclist :rolleyes: and my cam ran flat 2 mins before it happened lol

I think I am going to try the 48v battery and if and when TBK stock this new 48v julet controller (i haven't looked for it yet they said they'ed drop me an email when its on the site) on the yose 250w front and limit the amp draw via the LCD...

One question did spring to mind maybe a stupid one like always but here goes....

If the controller max amps is 30 amp but the BMS on the battery maxes out at 22 amps would that mean I am dividing 22 amps when looking at the C5 settings in the LCD or 30 amps?

Or does the BMS actually max out?

https://enerprof.de/shop/akkus/ebike-und-pedelec-akkus/enerpower-hailong-pro-rahmenakku-li-ion-48v-14ah-pedelec-ebike-ga-diy-umbausatz/?lang=de

scott gaza

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2018
scone
Hi PC2017, No need to worry about BMS it is 30a max! with 30a fuse
BMS continuous discharge current is 22A, 10 min Discharge current at 25A and 5 seconds discharge current 30A. How ever I would change you're c5 parameter settings on you're lcd3, to below max to allow for the draw from you're go pro.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
No need to worry about BMS it is 30a max
Hi Scott - yer I spotted that info after I had posted the question lol

Going to drop the amp draw to the lowest I can until I get the rear 48v kit from YOSE a bit later on in the year

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Been out a few times over the break on my MTB yosepower 350w rear conversion, really great fun hitting the trails, surprisingly agile and pulls well in level 5 assist. These really are great value, especially if you can use an ebay discount code. Just waiting for the 2nd Yose battery to arrive for further afield trips. They have the 13ah back in stock on the Yose site or on their ebay store.
IMG_20190104_143340-1674x2976.jpg

Reactions: tommie

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Reactions: egroover