Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
What adapter did you guys use for the plug on the charger
did you get a euro mains plug??? if so wilko's do a fare price adaptor

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
P3 setting seems to refer to throttle being governed by which PAS setting is used?
Erm I'll look into p3 in more detail and get back to you -
P4 needs to be 0 and C4 needs to be set at 4 for it to work with the displayed PAS level

P4=0 C4=4

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
P3 from the YOSE manual - you are maybe right in assuming it has got lost in translation
translation wrong
Verbatim
P3 is for power assist control mode, when P3 parameter setting is1, power assist control mode is gear 5 of "imitation torque control" mode, when P3 parameter setting is 0, power assist control mode is gear 5 of "speed control" mode. P3 parameter needs to be determined according to the distributed function of the controller, its setting range is 0 or 1,

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
P3 is for power assist control mode, when P3 parameter setting is1, power assist control mode is gear 5 of "imitation torque control" mode, when P3 parameter setting is 0, power assist control mode is gear 5 of "speed control" mode. P3 parameter needs to be determined according to the distributed function of the controller, its setting range is 0 or 1,
Yes, that't not at all the same as the text in the linked pdf. That explains it. "Thanks" to both vfr400 and PC2017

I'll have another go after work today, hopefully it's as easy as me just having the settings mixed up.

How do you like your PAS from topbikekit PC2017?

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
PAS from topbikekit PC2017?
I hate to say now lol - but I love it, this was like the first PAS I had with the Dillenger kit so I was already accustom to it.... Try to read the YOSE manual alongside the Dillenger manual that might help, If you get a bit confused with your settings record your current settings then do a factory reset with C10 and start again.... however I agree with vfr400 set p3 to 1 and that should sort your problems, then read up about the C4 setting and change this setting to best suit your riding style.

I like having the throttle restricted to the displayed PAS level but there's also a setting I had on the other LCD that when in this mode for example PAS1 throttle restricted to PAS1 then pedal and hit the throttle it would over ride the restriction and bang full power to the motor, stop pedalling and its restricted again- it works for all PAS levels - when I figure out this function I will let you know i think you might like it.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
P3 from the YOSE manual - you are maybe right in assuming it has got lost in translation

Verbatim
Let me translate all those manuals for you.

When P3=1, you have current control, where each level on the LCD is a different current (current = power) and there is no limit on the speed on any level. The throttle works proportionally as a speed controller.

When P3=0 you have speed control, where both the PAS and throttle work as speed controls. This means that there are different speed limits for each PAS level and no limit on power. What it effectively does is divide the throttle signal into 5 steps and works as a cruise control. Obviously, if your PAS is on level 5, it gives the maximum throttle signal when you pedal, so nothing will happen when you turn the throttle.

The difference in practice is when P3=1, you get smooth adjustable power to suit how you feel and on low power, it's easy to control the bike at low speed, but when you encounter a hill, you have to push the button on the LCD to get more power, then turn it down again afterwards, or you can use the throttle if you have one for a temporary power boost.

With P3=0, you always get a full power at start, which makes it a bit jerky and it's difficult to control the bike at very low speed, but you don't need to adjust the power so much for hills, because it works like cruise control, feeding in more power as you slow down, in an attempt to get you back to cruising speed.

Not all KT controllers work exactly the same. I've seen some differences, like one went to level 5 as soon as you opened the throttle, but only when you were pedalling, otherwise it worked proportionally.

The guys that wrote those manuals probably don't even know how the controller works. They probably got some instructions from the engineers that they had no chance of understanding, since even on this forum, ebike enthusiasts struggle with these concepts.

In Chinese English, Gear = PAS level, Handle = throttle and torque simulation means current control.

Above statements about speed are all subject to the global speed limit set in the basic settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcinos and dwvl

davie150

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2019
Aberdeen
Just had my trial run on my bike
Going up hill from my house on PAS, the bike was going too fast for me to keep up, forgot I had to go up gears to catch up with the motor lol
Turned the corner on to a flat road and tried the throttle, 22 mph and the pedals not turning ace, won't do much for getting fit, but fun any ways
One thing I noticed when I got back was that the square part of the PAS connected had moved round to the front a bit, not sure why as it was steady after I had mucked about a bit when fitting it on
Any way, pleased with the result , I might look to see if I can get new front forks with suspension on it as every bump on the road does jar through the bike.

Reactions: Sum eese

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Not all KT controllers work exactly the same. I've seen some differences, like one went to level 5 as soon as you opened the throttle, but only when you were pedalling, otherwise it worked proportionally.
That's what happens with the YOSE and Dill controllers - well tested today on mine anyway!

new front forks with suspension on it as every bump
It will be bumpy if your rear hub is not on suspension, I have fairly new front suspension and it does not ease it much - I was looking into a suspension seat post but they range from £20 - £100+ I suppose I will start cheap with good reviews and judge for myself.

Reactions: davie150

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
This is how mine seems to work.

davie150

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2019
Aberdeen
So, I was pedalling today on p assist 3 and decided to try the throttle, the throttle took over and even after I stopped moving the cranks, the throttle continued to move the bike forward. Is that the default set up?

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

Olleman

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2019
[Is it a bit better now?
Yes, since I understood the settings it seems to work as expexted. I'm not at all happy about the "full throttle always when pedalling" thing but I'll learn to live with it...

A little OT but after only 6-7 weeks with the kit I'm up to 700km. This would never have happened without it, that's for sure!

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Yes, since I understood the settings it seems to work as expexted. I'm not at all happy about the "full throttle always when pedalling" thing but I'll learn to live with it...
It's weird, but sort of logical because if you're already getting your desired level of power from the PAS, you only need the throttle as a power boost, and as soon as you stop pedalling, it becomes a normal proportional throttle.

When I said some versions work like that, I think they all do it, but on one version I saw level 5 appear on the display every time the throttle was used when pedalling.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

A little OT but after only 6-7 weeks with the kit I'm up to 700km. This would never have happened without it, that's for sure!
If you don't want a full speed throttle then try adjusting the speed limit for it, C4 value 2 allow you to set the throttle speed limit and is/shouldn't be linked to PAS.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
C4 value 2 allow
Good thinking

Anyway I am so happy you guys are enjoying the YOSE rear experience as am feeling a little like I am having a "rear" experience of a different kind!:oops:
So as promised, and I was a happy bunny when my new rotor and case showed up after 4 days in the post from China so Kudos again and to customer service they'd been amazing and still are being amazing... Secured the new internals into the wheel case showed it up to the bike put one nut on and then I hit another wall the second nut would not even bite the other side of the axle:((nut tested not at fault)

However YOSE still want me to test the NEW motor, would it be a fair test attached by only one nut?? there's no way I can ride the bike or load test the motor with one nut, surely?? Any thoughts??

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If the nut doesn’t start, surely the thread must be damaged, which you should be able to see and repair with a file?

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
repair with a file?
I'l see if I can get some close up pics - I was thinking more along the lines of thread chasing with a die but either way, file or die I am out of my skill remit

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
20190322_135911_006.jpg