Yosepower hub kits.

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
Hello PC2017, how are you doing?
I've never had an issue with my kit as it's the first time i've tested it. Was it Biga who has that issue? Cheers.

Biga

Pedelecer
Apr 2, 2019
North Wales
Hello Pc2017 it was me yose sent another controller and the throttle wasent working properly I have know put the 22amp one on C5 is set at 6 and it works good I am seeing 580W going up the hills now all I need know is the rain to stop

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Was it@ Biga who has that issue? Cheers.
Sorry boss my bad aint been many posts in a while, I didn't really have a look of who I was replying too, sign of the times I suppose... Yes I am well thanks for asking, you?- Have you tried pedalling first to active the motor via the PAS then hitting the throttle while the motor has power, then keep the throttle on but stop pedalling, if your throttle works then it's a case of changing a setting or two.... hit me back or check with LCD3 manual...

I have know put the 22amp one on C5 is set at 6
Yep I am back on track now with who's who lol - cool it's good to hear all is well at your end. Kudos on the rain!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hello I finally got round to testing my kit. Seems ok apart from the throttle not work yet making an odd moving symbol just where temperature gauge is? Any ideas please?
Yes you probably have the throttle parameter set for pedal first then throttle is active.
P4 setting needs to be value 0.
C4 value 0 or 2 where you can set a speed limit for it.

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Have been looking at updating my old GT Avalache MTB Yosepower conversion (20 year old bike, v-brakes 26" wheel etc), and a couple of weeks ago saw a deal on a Muddyfox Anarchy 500 ( https://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-anarchy500-938454?colcode=93845426 ). Moved my Yosepower reah hub 26" wheel kit I've had for about a year across from my old GT to the new bike.

Went well, used a new PAS I ordered a while back instead of the KT12 that came with the Yose kit. Had to add a rivnut to mount the battery. Have used additional straps for the battery for piece of mind, although not really necessary.

The new bike has a great spec for the money (£289), so it works well with the Yose kit. Only finished today, but first impressions are good. Nice comfy racy ride, good brakes, nice groupset and front forks. Tyres are great, and the conversion works good with it.

A bit of cable tidying to do, but looking forward to doing some offroading with it. The bike is a 22" frame, I'm 6ft 2in so it fits well, it was 14kg before the conversion, it comes in at just below 21kg (with a 13ah hailong battery), so I'm please with the weight
Here's a few pics

Attachments

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
So I had to rewire the bike again due to water damage and bear in mind the now watered controller was the stealth Dillenger dolphin mount, I am now using the YOSE standard kit controller and the motor popping/cutting is back not as intense as before but back. Not once did it happen the other controller, so I have gone in search for a cheaper dolphin mount controller, it was really hard to find one listed as a controller on aliexpress but if someone out there makes them to sell to Dillenger and other suppliers I though there must be at least one factory that makes em. Well after a lengthy search I found one, well one of 8 that are left in stock...

So my 1st purchase off aliexpress ever and I got an error message just after payment, the banks pending transactions says its paid and there is a pending order for the item and without actually speaking to a non automated customer service agent I will for now assume my money and order has actually gone through...

Edit: the link is to the controller not a plug or affiliate thingymebob

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Why didn't you ask?
tbf it never crossed my mind to ask - How did you find that? The title no where near describes the product "SINE WAVE CONTROLLER FOR 09-CASE" I did look on BMS but got fed up with the site it's not the best.

In all fairness i did just try and search on the site for a 36v dolphin controller and it is on page 2 as the bundle picture though I would of been looking for the actual mount picture...

The one I found was £35.00 free slow boat delivery, I got £2.00 off for new aliexpress membership so all in all far cheaper then BMSB....

Is there any other seller out there do you know??

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
BMSBattery is a known and trusted supplier. That's where I would buy it from. Hopefully, your source will be OK. We never know until somebody tests these suppliers. We need pioneers, who aren't frightened to risk their money to expand the knowledge base.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
We need pioneers
I like that - thanks - if anything goes wrong which I highly doubt it will, it is me after all, Aliexpress offer a so called money back scheme and failing that I can petition the bank to do a little known debit card protection system known as a charge back, I have 180 days to file and all I have to do is state to the bank that the goods never arrived or they are faulty etc and they decide if I am genuine or not. It does look like the payment went through and the order was taken, the money was sent to Aliexpress London GB according to the pending transaction so I have faith - well a little!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Aliexpress are usually quite good with refunds should an item not show up.

The vendor has 98.3% rating so should be ok, feed back of last 90 days isn't too bad.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
All the stats do look of good standing and they've been open since 2013... I have to say though I do think I was only reluctant in the past to use aliexpress because there's no PayPal payment option and I recall it was when I was first thinking of buying my first kit, the fact I would of spent a few hundred plus without the added safety net that is paypal how ever flimsy it may or may not be until tested - Several years on and from others and trusted youtube guru's I now find that it is a widely trusted platform, as for my experience only time will tell.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Paypal is available via Aliexp, they charge a small fee to cover costs.
I just use my CC and no problems.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Paypal is available
Yep you are wise as always I have just tried a test purchase and paypal was there... However I swear it was not an option when I made a purchase so I did some reading and it turns out that not all sellers accept paypal... trust me to pick one that didn't but as you say if they add charges I am glad there was no option and since it paid via a GB London company I didn't have to pay any charges for currency conversions!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Why didn't you ask?
Oooh I just went back to BMSbattery to email them about the 20 amp dolphin mount controller in case I have problems with Aliexpress +(it's just been shipped but reading some horror stories has got me paranoid)
and I tried to find it manually from memory but failed now I just clicked your link and its vanished:mad:

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
Yes you probably have the throttle parameter set for pedal first then throttle is active.
Hello. I've waited till I've got the bike back till I'd reply. I've got it up and running finally. I've just checked a youtube video on how to get into the values :)

Last edited:

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
jolly good it works now thank you. Goes to the max speed so I may reduce it to 3mph due to uk laws. I also need a 36v 250w sticker :p

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
So after all these months I've finally ridden this kit. It seems pretty nice. I'm not use to an pas so it was odd while kicking in.