Yosepower hub kits.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Weird having 2 brands as on mine the hub is etched Season yet on the internet the pics have hubs etched with the Yosepower branding as long as they are the same build quality

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Season is the brand of ebikes Yose sell, when they have any in stock that is.
Aha! OK so season is a complete bicycle , yose power is a kit?

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
season is a complete bicycle
It would appear so, but then the Season bikes on Yosepower site have Bafang motors, so who knows.
as long as they are the same build quality
I wouldn't worry too much, they are quite likely to have been built in the same factory. Hub motors like this are generally pretty robust and don't give any trouble. If it helps, Yosepower's CS seems to be fairly good.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Yosepower's CS seems to be fairly good
I second that... I do hate inconsistency in a companies supply and manufacturing system, but hey that's progress for you, I suppose on one side it's better than branding everything YOSE but changing the make and model under the hood and not telling anyone.

I wonder if the batteries will made by someone else as well.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The hubs are Bafang hubs but not marked as so.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It could be that if Yose are changing to Lishui , they may have stock of Season marked stuff for bike builds and are just simply using up this stock before a wholesale change over to Lishui.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
So, I emailed YosePower to ask them about new Lishui controller/LCD they are supplying with their kits. No info on controller, but they are using C500 LCD.

Attachments

GarryBlack

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 7, 2019
My kit arrived there earlier this week and I just wanted to make those who are buying one of these kits for the first time aware that you'll also have to buy some rim tape on the side as the wheel that comes from Yosepower does not have one on it. I guess you don't necessarily need it but for those who want to maintain the life of their tube, it might be a good small investment. Got some Velox cotton rim tape myself.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I always use the stuff from the wheel I take off the bike...

Lishui controller/LCD
I personally will not be in the market for a YOSE hub in the near future, if I came into some hard cash I would look at a front 350w hub from elsewhere as the last time I looked YOSE did not do a 350w front.

If I was new to conversions YOSE would still be a valid option but knowing what I know now I would only consider them for cheap batteries as I know the CS is spot on but in light of their choice to move away from KT as standard I would not consider a kit in the future.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
C500 is a Bigstone brand compatible with Bafang controllers and might be so with Lishui.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
My kit arrived there earlier this week and I just wanted to make those who are buying one of these kits for the first time aware that you'll also have to buy some rim tape on the side as the wheel that comes from Yosepower does not have one on it. I guess you don't necessarily need it but for those who want to maintain the life of their tube, it might be a good small investment. Got some Velox cotton rim tape myself.
Haha where did you get velox rim tape, I went into an old style bicycle shop here in the Azores to find some and he gave me an old tube and told me to cut it , been wrestling with it tonight AAARGH!! Waslooking on the bay co uk and they had all hitech stuff?? Now I know the name I will search but postage to here is always muito dinheiro

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Damn was looking at getting another hub when they get more in stock, could we not use an after market kt controller and LCD.? With the hub, possibly ?
You can use any after market controller/lcd combo and practically any motor, KT is available widely.
If looking for another hub think about the AKM128 or 100, the 128 is great and is easier to peddle unassisted due to higher gearing ratio.

Reactions: tunznath

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I often use ordinary plastic insulating tape instesd of a rim tape - twice around the rim. It costs nearly nothing, and it's quick and easy to do.

Reactions: tunznath

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Ooh nice - I'd swap this cold December here in Blighty for your 14 degrees , even the rain thats heading your way at the weekend and your costly postage any day!

GarryBlack

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 7, 2019
Hey all, I hope you're all well. Just ordered a Yosepower 350w 36v rear hub in silver, really excited for it to arrive! I have one question if anyone would have any input on the topic. I've gone through a lot of different forum posts and tutorial videos with regards to the rear hub motor and I keep seeing people advising to use a "torque arm". The Yosepower kit comes with some washers but no torque arm, is it a good idea to order a torque arm for extra safety? P.S the bike I'm converting is a Trek FX 3 which has an Alpha Gold Aluminium Frame. This aluminum frame is what has me wanting to go for the torque arm.
Any more feedback on this topic?

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
I sent you a link to one i got off ebay_ Torque Arm for eBike - Rear Wheel 12mm x 10mm 316 Stainless Steel 4mm thickness item no 274045349260

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
You can use any after market controller/lcd combo and practically any motor, KT is available widely.
If looking for another hub think about the AKM128 or 100, the 128 is great and is easier to peddle unassisted due to higher gearing ratio.
Yes looking to get a 29 incher for a specialized hardrock 29 disc, hope they have one and any links you advise, the yose is for my wife, 26 inch aluminium berg
Trailrock, now i need one to keep up