Yosepower hub kits.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
You must never run a motor with any significant amount of power when it isn't running right, like when it's buzzing, humming, stuttering or making that rubbing noise. That rubbing noise comes when the pulses from the controller aren't synchronised with the motor, so they can't turn it efficiently. Therefore, the current will go up and something will burn. Problems like that start with a bad connection to the motor or the motor connector not in properly, which are easy to fix, but if you carry on, you'll normally be looking for a new controller and/or motor.
Thank you vfr400, right now I am not very happy with yose power, My wifes KT kit motor I got was a season hub, probably one they did not fit to their season bikes, and it made that noise from the beginning, and they said when the motor gave problems ie intermittent cut outs it was the PAS SENSOR, got the Pas sensor and 30km later now this, AND then on MY lishui bike when the PAS is set to 0 is impossible to pedal , I have to stop, spin the wheel motor backwards, then its possible, it had a kick forwards problem when backpedalling, I have another controller that yosepower sent to me when I complained about the season hub, and the fact that the season hub came with a different (smaller) controller than was advertised, and the new controller works,

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thank you vfr400, right now I am not very happy with yose power, My wifes KT kit motor I got was a season hub, probably one they did not fit to their season bikes, and it made that noise from the beginning, and they said when the motor gave problems ie intermittent cut outs it was the PAS SENSOR, got the Pas sensor and 30km later now this, AND then on MY lishui bike when the PAS is set to 0 is impossible to pedal , I have to stop, spin the wheel motor backwards, then its possible, it had a kick forwards problem when backpedalling, I have another controller that yosepower sent to me when I complained about the season hub, and the fact that the season hub came with a different (smaller) controller than was advertised, and the new controller works,
When the motor makes that noise, it's not the motor. It's the controller or connections - mainly connections. I've bought 100s of controllers, motors and other stuff from China, and I never had something that didn't work, neither did I ever have anything fail in service. The only problems I've had were self-inflicted, like connecting controllers backwards.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
But I am sure that the connector is pushed in correct, Its up to the mark and I made doubly sure it was seated as I read about that problem early in the thread while I was waiting for the kit to arrive

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
Maybe its the controller, it was making that noise early in the ride, we started through our village and back, 2km FLAT, in total and I stopped to adjust my wifes new saddle, she got on took off and the noise was there, then it dissappeared, on one of the previous rides the motor made that noise cut in and out, and yosesaid it was the PAS, took it off and the PAS never worked correctly on mine, it was like only 2 of the 6 magnets sent a signal, there were only six magnets in it.
WELL THE GOOD THING IS PEOPLE NOW KNOW THAT THEY MUST STOP WHEN THEIR MOTOR MAKES WEIRD NOISES

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's been ages since I recommended someone buy a Yose kit as they don't seen to have good QC now, quite a few have had issues with the controllers.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
fits this plug
I believe this is a YOSE proprietary battery to controller power connector, if you are looking to make an extension cable best to contact YOSE, as mentioned above by vfr400 save yourself the hassle and use his idea.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
They havent used the same proprietary plug on their lishui controllers, its another probably proprietary plug, it says julet on both , so they have different plugs for their previous KT kit and The new Lishui kit,

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
their lishui controllers
I have yet to see the cables for one of these. I ended up soldering some XT90 to the power out of all my controllers and hand crafting an extension cable, I do favour the julet connectors but only motor and 4to1. For future builds I am considering staying with KT, Julet but changing to Bafang branded motors, even though my YOSE 250w front on 48v is perfect for my needs and is still going well I will not go back to rear or YOSE again...

Reactions: tunznath

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
The thing that cannot be faulted is that Yosepower customer service stand behind their product and will do what needs to be done to keep their customers happy

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Yosepower customer service stand behind their product
I would of leaned towards agreeing with on this topic a few years back, it's one thing to "keep your customers happy" once they've purchased but I wish they had added a few quid to the prices and levelled up the R&D and improved QC. I know most Chinese companies usually try and produce the "best" but cut corners to reduce costs esp in the ebike economy but lessons should have been learned that most folks probably wont purchase if the product has decreased in quality and there is a constant need to contact CS.

tunznath

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2019
On that I will agree, I personally would prefer to spend more - a bit more and never have to test customer service, most people just want cheap - sadly,

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
personally would prefer to spend more
100% agree - the strange part is that once you have a little knowledge you can actually find other items on the Chinese market at fair prices and hopefully better quality + with Aliex any problems I feel a little more protected whether I am or not remains a factor. Take my next project, the final project if the better half asks, I am going all out on a 48v front hub, new build, new bike - I am going to spend around £500 on the bike, then looking for parts, I found a bafang front £139 free pp, the controller I am using if needed £36 free pp, cables/PAS circa £25 - if needed and if it's still on BMSbattery, a battery (LG cells) the same as I am using £155 EU free pp - Total price £355 a quick look on YOSE(ebay) £365 with battery - OK I will have to pay customs on the motor and I might get jammed up over EU red tape. Oh plus an optional new colour LCD £45-50 if the budget will stretch.

Reactions: tunznath

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
Hello guys, hope you're all well? My yose kit keeps turning it's self off now. I assume it's the bms however now my speed only displays when i peddle. It's at zero otherwise. Could that cause any issues? My hull sensors went kaput recently however after cooling down the bike was fine again. Thanks for any help.

Ill be getting an hybrid 700c bike soon i think as i stay on the road and my current 26" bike is in bad condition.

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
Ive had the battery on charge for 24 hours incase any Of the cells needed to be balance. My battery is a water bottle type one out of warrant so i could open the case to test the cells.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Hello guys, hope you're all well? My yose kit keeps turning it's self off now. I assume it's the bms however now my speed only displays when i peddle. It's at zero otherwise. Could that cause any issues? My hull sensors went kaput recently however after cooling down the bike was fine again. Thanks for any help.

Ill be getting an hybrid 700c bike soon i think as i stay on the road and my current 26" bike is in bad condition.
Which controller do you have? If it's a KT, set P2=1. If it shows no speed at all, there's a problem with your speed sensor. Fit an external one if you were using one in the motor.

if your display shows zero for 5 minutes, the sleep timer will shut you down, in which case lengthen or eliminate the sleep time.

Hall sensors can't pack up, then start again. It sounds like your motor connector isn't in far enough. That would account for the lack of speed signal too and why your motor keeps cutting.

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
Which controller do you have? If it's a KT, set P2=1. If it shows no speed at all, there's a problem with your speed sensor. Fit an external one if you were using one in the motor.

if your display shows zero for 5 minutes, the sleep timer will shut you down, in which case lengthen or eliminate the sleep time.

Hall sensors can't pack up, then start again. It sounds like your motor connector isn't in far enough. That would account for the lack of speed signal too and why your motor keeps cutting.
Hello vfr400, thank you for your reply.

Ive attached a photo of my controller. My original burnt out. P2 is at 1. It only shows speed when i peddle and only to the speed limit ive set. It used to show me going upto 30mph... so i figure it's no longer telling me how many miles ive done.

Yeah it's able to show speed so it's not turning itself off due to that.

Ok ill go through each cable and reattached them all to be sure. Thank you for your input.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Ok ill go through each cable and reattached them all to be sure. Thank you for your input.
Don't just look at or reconnect the motor cable. There's a marked line that the outer must reach. The problem is that the connector goes tight before it reaches the line, leaving a bad connection.

Without a speed sensor signal, the controller will switch to using a motor hall sensor to get a speed signal, but that only gives a speed when the motor is going, not when you're coasting.

quackstar84

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2014
Don't just look at or reconnect the motor cable. There's a marked line that the outer must reach. The problem is that the connector goes tight before it reaches the line, leaving a bad connection.

Without a speed sensor signal, the controller will switch to using a motor hall sensor to get a speed signal, but that only gives a speed when the motor is going, not when you're coasting.
I understand. They have been plugged in with a good connection since bought the kit as far as i know. Ive just reattached the cables, if i lift the wheel up and accelerate there's no display of speed. Oh so that's why im getting speed as i peddle. I took photos of the connections if you like to look. Thank you.

I may have to also check my lcd3 settings. Do you know where i can find the default for this kit? I have the manual however does anything need to be changed for this kit? Cheers