Yosepower hub kits.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's all I used on my Bafang hubs when the bearings showed signs of wear/play.
A pound or two each for the small ones and a couple more quid for the central main bearing and they have been fine now, the replacements have lasted longer then the originals.

Reactions: tunznath

Chabuddy G

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 18, 2020
Hi guys,

I have 100km done on my 36v 350w with 36v 12.5ah battery kit.
Regarding unassisted top speed on the flat, I'm only getting about 30km/h on the LCD which reads 28km/h on gps. It's a 28" wheel and I weigh 90kg, is that similar to what you guys are getting?
I'm nearly sure i changed the limit so don't think it's that.

Reactions: Audio2

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi guys,

I have 100km done on my 36v 350w with 36v 12.5ah battery kit.
Regarding unassisted top speed on the flat, I'm only getting about 30km/h on the LCD which reads 28km/h on gps. It's a 28" wheel and I weigh 90kg, is that similar to what you guys are getting?
I'm nearly sure i changed the limit so don't think it's that.
The new kits use a slower wound hub motor, I believe they are now higher torque 201rpm wound rather then the previous 280/300 rpm wound hubs. At 36v 28 -32kmh is about the top assisted speed so about 17 - 19mph.
Some LCD's have adjustment to 70km/h but this doesn't mean drive's can attain this assist speed, 1 or 2 mph extra might be gained if one used a 20a controller but in general one needs more voltage.

Reactions: Chabuddy G

Chabuddy G

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 18, 2020
The new kits use a slower wound hub motor, I believe they are now higher torque 201rpm wound rather then the previous 280/300 rpm wound hubs. At 36v 28 -32kmh is about the top assisted speed so about 17 - 19mph.
Some LCD's have adjustment to 70km/h but this doesn't mean drive's can attain this assist speed, 1 or 2 mph extra might be gained if one used a 20a controller but in general one needs more voltage.
Thanks for the reply. It'll do me for my 16km commute on the canal, 30km/h is plenty along the banks. It feels slow when you get on the open road though.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Flat road, wheel on the ground.
In that case, speed is pretty meaningless. The motor has it's own speed, which is dependent on voltage. It will spin 33% faster when the battery is fully charged compared with when the battery is nearly empty. It makes it's max power at about 75% of it's max speed (wheel in the air). In the typical range of 75% to 100% of its max speed, the power ramps down to zero due to the back emf, which opposes or cancels out your battery voltage.

When guys on the forum talk about a motor's max speed, they're normally referring to its no-load max speed. It doesn't matter how many amps you throw at it, you can't change that, neither can you change the speed and power in the range 75% to 100% of the motor's max speed.

The max current allowed by the controller only affects the power in the range where the controller limits the power, which is roughly up to 75% of the motor's max speed. The higher the current the controller allows, the lower the speed at which you can get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwvl

Leccyboy

Just Joined
Oct 19, 2020
Hi guys. Bit of a newbie. Got the yose power 350 rear hub fitted, the one with the controller built into the battery. I’m interested in fitting a kt-lcd8h display but I don’t know if it’s compatible. Any opinions?

MontyPAS

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Hi guys. Bit of a newbie. Got the yose power 350 rear hub fitted, the one with the controller built into the battery. I’m interested in fitting a kt-lcd8h display but I don’t know if it’s compatible. Any opinions?
Ive got one of those 350 w kits, I bought the one with an external lishui controller and display. Pretty sure if you want a KT display you will have to change the controller to KT too. I bought the kit with an external controller so would be easy if I ever want to upgrade. You would have to bypass the integral controller built into your battery!
Others may know better, but that's the way I see it

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the integrated battery controller is a Lishui then no you can't, KT aren't compatible with Lishui.

Reactions: MontyPAS

Leccyboy

Just Joined
Oct 19, 2020
Ive got one of those 350 w kits, I bought the one with an external lishui controller and display. Pretty sure if you want a KT display you will have to change the controller to KT too. I bought the kit with an external controller so would be easy if I ever want to upgrade. You would have to bypass the integral controller built into your battery!
Others may know better, but that's the way I see it
That’s a shame! Thanks for replying so promptly.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you wanted a different display then yes one would also need to change the controller an option if the controller ever fails, topbikekit sell the integrated KT controller.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Many of the integrated controllers are ade by KT. Which display did you get with yours? If it's a KT one, you can change it for any other KT one.

Scorpio

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2020
Portugal Algarve (temporary)
Looks like Yosepower have a new UK based outlet. Limited stock at present, but may improve.

How strange, a few days ago their orignal store was still showing stock - all items had a note "we have UK EU warehouse,we can send it from EU or UK". Now that seller shows no stock https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/ysbattery2012
I guess they have stopped selling to the UK from their orignal account and have set up dedicated UK store.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
They'll probably setup a UK warehouse if there's enough demand. There are warehouses that do everything for you for a small cost. That's how Andrew used to sell his Oxygen bikes and Oxyderive kits when he first started.
Looks like Yosepower have a new UK based outlet. Limited stock at present, but may improve.

Mug look on my face when I look in the mirror.

it is i footpump

Pedelecer
Jul 6, 2018
I emailed the above uk wharehouse for where they are based and recieved the reply China, in the past i have bought yosepower stuff on ebay and it shipped from germany, Last year though

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
I emailed the above uk wharehouse for where they are based and recieved the reply China, in the past i have bought yosepower stuff on ebay and it shipped from germany, Last year though
The stuff comes from china. The UK warehouse only processes the paperwork and stores the stuff temporarily. Basically, they're only a shipping agent. Your order goes to China and your contract is with them.