Bafamg mid drive - where to buy

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
instead of buying the BBS02B from Ali or from EU, you can get the BBS01ET from me!
No need to wait a week or two for delivery, no worries about road legality.
I also have 48V batteries with Panasonic 21700 cells to match.
https://wooshbikes.co.uk/?cdkit

Last edited:
Reactions: Peter.Bridge

powerfail

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 20, 2023
Is the danger here that the battery will supply more than 15A and destroy the controller?

I thought 15A was the standard for a 250w bbs01b?

Surely I don't need the battery to deliver 25A continuous when the controller will never draw more than 15A?

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
£476 for the kit 17.4Ah Chinese cells
Or
£568 for the kit with 21Ah LG cells

Is it worth paying extra here. I've also got no idea if the BMS is any good
LG 21 Ah if there room on your bike ! Edited Or pay a bit more and get it Woosh and all the components and battery will be matched and you have 1st class after sales service

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Is the danger here that the battery will supply more than 15A and destroy the controller?

I thought 15A was the standard for a 250w bbs01b?

Surely I don't need the battery to deliver 25A continuous when the controller will never draw more than 15A?
15A drawn by the controller won't destroy it, but a cheap Chinese battery's cells will be quite stressed, compared to say LG MH1. My battery's BMS is 22A, but I could replace it with a 30A BMS, if I need amps for yet more additional lights, electric blanket and beer fridge.

powerfail

Oct 20, 2023
instead of buying the BBS02B from Ali or from EU, you can get the BBS01ET from me!

I'd like to purchase from you but my budget is quite tight so I'm not sure I can afford to.

Additionally I was hoping to buy a bbs01b with the gear sensor option and I read that your selling with model without that?

I'm happy to buy the 36v bbs01b I think, I don't think I'll need the extra torque.

Reactions: Woosh

powerfail

Oct 20, 2023
15A drawn by the controller won't destroy it, but a cheap Chinese battery's cells will be quite stressed, compared to say LG MH1. My battery's BMS is 22A, but I could replace it with a 30A BMS, if I need amps for yet more additional lights, electric blanket and beer fridge.
Ah ok, understood

powerfail

Oct 20, 2023
Which LG cells specifically? The forum battery boffins will be able to advise. That's one question I didn't know to ask back then... I had to open the battery to find out over a year later.

If the battery fails, how do warranty repairs work? Before the sale my Chinese seller told me he had "Diagnosticand repair facilities in Europe", but after the sale it turned out everything had to be posted to China.
LG 18650 3500mAh

The BMS max current is 25A

Edited: I sort of presumed unless I bought from a reputable UK based seller that you are on your own with repairs/warranty.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Additionally I was hoping to buy a bbs01b with the gear sensor option and I read that your selling with model without that?
there is a large existing supply chain for Bafang BBSes, so there is no point for me trying to compete with Ali, ebay and amazon sellers. You can get gear shift sensors on Ali for about £10 or £20 on ebay. The main thing dealing with UK established dealers is the support should you ever need it. You don't have to wait for emails to go back and forth to get your bike back on the road, not just under warranty but also after that. We routinely give links to where to get stuff that we don't stock.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
LG 18650 3500mAh
Which LG 18650 3500mAh cells specifically? Whichever, personally I'd buy LG instead of cheap Chinese celled any day.

I don't know which delivery services would deliver a faulty battery to China, or how much it'd cost.

I sort of presumed unless I bought from a reputable UK based seller that you are on your own with repairs/warranty.
Batteries are expensive to replace of course, best aim to get it right first time.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
If money is tight, perhaps you could consider TSDZ2b? You can get it from UK source for around £200.

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
Only place I would shop did my 2 bikes

Dsc_2342.jpgIMG_1626.JPG

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Only place I would shop did my 2 bikes

View attachment 54873View attachment 54874
Is this your battery?

If so, do you know which LG cells are in your battery? The web page just says the cells are "LG21700-5000mAh", without naming the specific LG cell used. I'm not encouraging you to open your battery to look.

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023

Your price

BBS01B + 36V 20AH DP battery kit and cBBS01B + 36V 20AH DP battery kit and charger £839 harger

Really !!!! I paid less than that, colour display and FITTING from Cogs Y Gogs

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
I think it a shame companies can advertise here it makes for a totally BIAS forum :(
As long as the advertising is clear (as it is when you see 'trade member' discussing their own bikes) it makes for a broader set of opinions. Of course, as with any forum or review site, you need to interpret every post carefully.

powerfail

Oct 20, 2023
Is this your battery?

If so, do you know which LG cells are in your battery? The web page just says the cells are "LG21700-5000mAh", without naming the specific LG cell used. I'm not encouraging you to open your battery to look.
This seems to be normal in the UK. Can you name any UK sellers that do specify the specific cell used?

I think eclipse do (who are sourced by em3ev) but they are out of stock.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
This seems to be normal in the UK. Can you name any UK sellers that do specify the specific cell used?

I think eclipse do (who are sourced by em3ev) but they are out of stock.
The Chinese seller on Amazon I bought my kit from, repeatedly ignored that question. I reasoned if they're genuine LG, how bad could they be? Turns out my battery is pretty good. With a noname BMS.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Saracen

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2023
The Chinese seller on Amazon I bought my kit from, repeatedly ignored that question. I reasoned if they're genuine LG, how bad could they be? Turns out my battery is pretty good. With a noname BMS.

L Batteries, in th HL pack, not bad, yes I think that is my battery, no doubt you will condemn it :D