Cycling under the rain

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Nothing wrong with that cwah, a very sensible cycle trailer, and it's weight is about average for a fair size box trailer.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
yeah, going to keep this trailer for now. A bit clumsy in my little room however.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Naaah, this one doesn't worth it. It's just a prototype, not the final product. And with 10W (peak) power per panel, I'd need weeks to charge the bike lol

hech

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2011
argyll
Go for it cwah, you are the last true super hero of the ebike world, a brave and fearless innovator years ahead of our time. Dont let the moaning minnies get you down, you have a great following out here on the street, we're with you CWAH!

easycommuter

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 22, 2007
I'd love to know whether it works as you well as you hope
Excellent sun-screen protection as well :)

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Ordered one from a chinese seller. Should arrive next month...

I'll go very slowly and in safe place initially to see how it goes with winds. Will keep you in touch guys!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, please do let us know cwah, I'm really interested. It will probably be ok when it's just raining without wind, but I don't think it will take much crosswind to blow you off course.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
I received my umbrella stand recently.

Tried to mount it to my bike :)

That was quite nice! Just over my head to protect me from the rain!

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
However, today was... WINDY :(

The umbrella completely reversed then fly away from its own stand... :(

I believe my £4 umbrella was useless and I need to invest for an expensive Senz umbrella... :(

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Clearly you need a wind vane for your umbrella so it always pointing into the wind , like they use on yachts for autopilots. just a thought

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
However, today was... WINDY :(

The umbrella completely reversed then fly away from its own stand... :(

I believe my £4 umbrella was useless and I need to invest for an expensive Senz umbrella... :(
This is just as we warned cwah. If the umbrella is strong enough not to break off, it will be the bike and maybe you that will be blown off down the road! This idea will only work on very calm days when even a weak brolly will be sufficient.

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
That umbrella holder looks identical to one I recently bought for my Father's wheelchair.
His is more for use as a parasoll when it is sunny.
Good luck with your rain umbrella cwah although I still think it is impractical.
Congratulations on your E Brompton though you have done very well there! :)

Barry.

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
That umbrella holder looks identical to one I recently bought for my Father's wheelchair.
His is more for use as a parasol when it is sunny.
Good luck with your rain umbrella cwah although I still think it is impractical.
Congratulations on your E Brompton though you have done very well there! :)

Barry.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
:(

I'm asking my chinese seller if I can do something against strong wind.