Pedelecs reported as an attack site

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I have been unable to acess site since this afternoon..imagine my surprise when I got a message on my BB phone from these clowns as well!

Scimitar

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 31, 2010
Ireland
Some sort of spamming hijack attempt?

I received this today...

--------------------
from webmaster@pedelecs.co.uk webmaster@pedelecs.co.uk via s15341672.onlinehome-server.info
to scimitar@gmail.com
date 24 March 2012 18:06
subject Declaration of Revolution
mailed-by s15341672.onlinehome-server.info
Important mainly because of the words in the message.

hide details 18:06 (3 hours ago)

Dear Anonymous,

The purpose of this message is to inform you about the Revolution:

OCCUPY HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT IN LONDON ON NOVEMBER 5, 2012.
OCCUPY CONGRESS IN WASHINGTON D.C. ON NOVEMBER 11, 2012.

STOP WAR.
CANCEL ALL DEBT.
REDISTRIBUTE WEALTH.

Please, watch the "Nazi Banksters' Crimes Ripple Effect" movie to find out why, how, and to have sound arguments to persuade others. The movie can be easily found with a search engine.

Please, print the flyers at 2012jubilee.info and distribute them.

Please, spread this message and the movie to everyone you know.

-Anonymous

--------------------

To whoever sent it: Get lost.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
What did the message say exactly Eddie, cos I didnt get one ?

Lynda :)

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Weird, I've not experienced any issues using Safari on my Mac...

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
I use Linux Mint with Firefox and after making an exception in the Security settings for the Pedelecs website I have not had a pop-up "atack site" message since and fortunately no sign of the other nasty spam reported by others.

Barry.

bazwaldo

Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2010
Well I spoke too soon, I just checked my emails to find a "nazi banker" "revolution" email from the webmaster@pedelecs!?!
I deleted it immediately, does the forum need better security?

Barry.

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Well I spoke too soon, I just checked my emails to find a "nazi banker" "revolution" email from the webmaster@pedelecs!?!
I deleted it immediately, does the forum need better security?

Barry.
I got the same e-mail too. Seems someone has found a way to e-mail all members.

spiritburner

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2012
Sitges, Espana
me to , then the forum was redirected to another site about Nazi bankers?????, Whats happening, was the site hijacked, have our email addresses now been compromised??

spiritburner

Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2012
Sitges, Espana
me too, here is the email

Dear Anonymous,

STOP WAR.
CANCEL ALL DEBT.
REDISTRIBUTE WEALTH.

Please, watch the "Nazi Banksters' Crimes Ripple Effect" movie to find out why, how, and to have sound arguments to persuade others. The movie can be easily found with a search engine.

-Anonymous

its from webmaster@pedelecs.co.uk

also after receiving this when i went to the forum it redirected me to some sort of anarchists site, didnt matter what i did couldn't get back to pedelecs, this morning seems to work ok, whats going on, I assume the site has been hacked and our email addresses have now been compromised.

Please Advise..

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I received an email too and was not able to access the site for several hours. These people disgust me. They have hacked into our site and stolen our personal information. In my mind this is equivelant to burglary and theft.

Having gone to all of this effort, which is no minor task, they have then sent out a mass email that makes absolutely no mention whatsoever of covering Harriat Harman, Ed Balls or Yvette Cooper in raw sewage and then dragging them through the streets with an Ox. What an absolutely despicable waste of effort and the squandering of an opportunity.

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
me too, here is the email

Dear Anonymous,

STOP WAR.
CANCEL ALL DEBT.
REDISTRIBUTE WEALTH.

-Anonymous

its from webmaster@pedelecs.co.uk

also after receiving this when i went to the forum it redirected me to some sort of anarchists site, didnt matter what i did couldn't get back to pedelecs, this morning seems to work ok, whats going on, I assume the site has been hacked and our email addresses have now been compromised.

Please Advise..

Well, I didnt get the email, but am very worried about what could be happening with our email addresses and any information that could be gleaned from our personal information.
Or even, god forbid, if they could actually get access to our private emails ?

Perhaps a bit more info from Russ about the security of this site and what exactly is, or can, be done about it, might not go amiss ?

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
And what is even MORE upsetting.....they seem to have stolen my " LIKE button " from my messages :mad:
......anyone know how I can get it back ??

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Received message also. I thought it might be something to do with opening aTwitter account as i got the message the same day i joined.?

Jeremy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2007
Salisbury
It appears the owner of this forum has used our personal email addresses to send an unlawful message inciting civil unrest and an illegal act (the call to occupy Parliament is unlawful, with severe penalties for anyone who attempts it). The message originates from the email account of the webmaster of this site, and uses this sites server, rather than a redirect from somewhere else, which pretty much seems to confirm that it was a deliberate act by the forum owner or someone with access to the forum owner's email log in information.

I was unaware that my details were still registered on this forum, as I haven't looked in here for a year or more, until the forum owner sent this distasteful message, clearly misusing the personal information I gave when I joined several years ago.

I have reported this site and the message to the Metropolitan Police for action.

Jeremy

Last edited:

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Meh! OK so I got the email as well, another security hole in the vBulletin s/w...I use a number of email addresses to help protect my details against this sort of thing....IE: I never use the one registered on the forum for private stuff and can delete it easily if necessary...

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
As stated in other related thread. Also received message, but thought it was connected to opening a twitter account earlier in the day that i received the message?

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I do hope that forum members do not concern themselves unduly over this little hacking episode. Anyone who might be worried if their email address is the same one they use for online banking or any other personal matters can easily utilise another email address from their ISP, access their other sites and change address and/or password.

In truth, there really is no need as your current email address is on more databases than you can begin to imagine. If someone had wanted to target you for whatever reason, they would probably have done so by now. Equally, if someone wants to access your information for criminal purposes in the future, they will probably manage it. Fortunately, the kind of people who have the talent to hack computers and access private information aren't really interested in ordinary people, not that I would ever admit to being ordinary, of course! There are far bigger fish out there that hackers would prefer to target.

Our information is everywhere nowadays and we have given it over to strangers without concerning ourselves too much about it. Think about all the places that have your home phone number, your mobile, your home address, email address, passport details, driving licence information and so on. Think also about the number of telesales calls you receive from people you didn't provide with your information directly; the mailshots that come through your door.....the people who have your basic details are everywhere so it's not worth getting worked up just because someone you don't know sends an email from the webmaster's address at Pedelecs.

Indalo