Pedelecs reported as an attack site

C

Cyclezee

Well....I havent been attacked for ages.......maybe my AVG protects me well......or maybe
its the Poms....:D

Lynda :)
I can't imagine anyone or anything having the nerve or audacity to attack you Lynda:eek:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I can't imagine anyone or anything having the nerve or audacity to attack you Lynda:eek:
Well......it has been known......but I usually come out on top.....:D

This computer problem, is it possible that we may all have some sort of bugs now embedded in our hard drives without knowing ?
Mine is working quite slow at the moment and I only have the free version of AVG, not sure if thats enough.
I would hate my old laptop to die on me and 'force' me to buy a new tablet (iPad or Galaxy ?....hmmm) :D

C

Cyclezee

Well......it has been known......but I usually come out on top.....:D

This computer problem, is it possible that we may all have some sort of bugs now embedded in our hard drives without knowing ?
Mine is working quite slow at the moment and I only have the free version of AVG, not sure if thats enough.
I would hate my old laptop to die on me and 'force' me to buy a new tablet (iPad or Galaxy ?....hmmm) :D

Just get one of these Lynda Apple (United Kingdom) - MacBook Air - The ultimate everyday notebook., you know you need one, want one, deserve one.;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I use free AVG Lynda, it's highly rated and no different from the paid version for detection, that only includes extras.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
I use free AVG Lynda, it's highly rated and no different from the paid version for detection, that only includes extras.

Ah.....good, good......that maybe means mine is just starting to retire gracefully and might need replacing soon.........and I dont need much excuse.... :D

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Every posting causes the computer to freeze whilst the posting takes ages to load. I use free AVG anti-virus which has been very busy of late-9 viruses detected. Could it be that my computer is firewalling my postings or visa-versa. Makes it hard work to make postings.Maybe I am over firewalled?
Dave
KudosCycles

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
I know AVG come highly rated but I had never ending trouble with it on my Windows laptop, it became as bad as getting a virus, slow system, frequent lockups / lockouts etc. Managed to de-install it and put on Microsoft Security essentials instead and since then I've not had any issues with it...

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
A bit like location, location, location. When you have had enough of the operating system, then rebuild, rebuild, rebuild or move completely to something shinier and newer that doesn't need any DIY and won't rob you of precious time - another plug for an Apple :rolleyes:

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
New redirect trogan on log on tonight 23.27pm captured OK by my Nod AV.

07/03/2012 23:27:36 HTTP filter archive uktrafftraff123domain.freewww.biz/main.php?page=47374111249da66d JS/Kryptik.JL trojan connection terminated - quarantined Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
something still not right. just looked in this morning (already logged on) and immediately had message from Kasparsky that a download had been blocked:(

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Nothing to report using a Mac and Safari...in fact like the new autosave when replying to a post...neat.

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
I have seen nothing throughout - PC, Chrome and Microsoft Security Essentials

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
I got redirected to an ad site called 'Centible' this morning immediately after opening the main page and before I had clicked on anything.

Closed the window - OK after that. I've cleared the cache and scanned with AVG, Malwarebytes and Spybot but nothing showed up.

Rog.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
This situation which continues to affect some users hasn't troubled me at all except for about 24 hours after it was first reported. Perhaps that is because I keep myself logged on and don't actually have to go through the login process each time I visit the site?

I'm a Mac user and I don't know if that's perhaps significant as I believe most people complaining are PC users. Maybe some of the other Mac converts have had similar woes to those PC users? I'd be interested to know.

Indalo

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
I stay logged on all the time - still got redirected.

I do have ABP running but this site is listed as an exception (i.e. I allow the ads to display) so I don't know whether that has any relevance, though as I hadn't clicked on anything I rather think it would be one of the ads which is the culprit. Anything which has a 'presence' on a page can in theory introduce a redirection. It took place within five seconds of the main page loading.

At the time - Windows 7 64, Firefox, all fully up to date. Ad-Aware and AVG running but nothing picked up.

Rog.