Pedelecs reported as an attack site

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
It took place within five seconds of the main page loading.
Not quite sure what you mean by "main page" - I always come by bookmark directly to the forum - maybe that is why I haven't encountered a problem?

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
My PC got totally infected and it blocked access to anti virus sites. Had to send it away to be cleared, just got it back. Next time I will buy a Mac, had one before,far safer.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I got redirected to an ad site called 'Centible' this morning immediately after opening the main page and before I had clicked on anything.

Closed the window - OK after that. I've cleared the cache and scanned with AVG, Malwarebytes and Spybot but nothing showed up.

Rog.
Me too.

Regards

Jerry

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Posting this from an office PC XP running IE8 and it seems fine.

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
Not quite sure what you mean by "main page" - I always come by bookmark directly to the forum - maybe that is why I haven't encountered a problem?
Possibly - the default is to load the home page which is what I have bookmarked. However, you still load the same adverts while you're in the forum. It may be a matter of luck - I've only had the one 'funny' and that was this morning.

Rog.

Auldgit

Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2009
Chester
Weird- not visited the site for a while, and found it had disappeared from my bookmarks. When I accessed it from Google I got a large pop-up telling me I had to click on this and that to win an IPod etc. Closed that down, tried again, OK. Just re-bookmarked so we'll see what happens next time.....

AG

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No problems, but I never use bookmarking, instead I have the home page below and just click a button, or for some less used items, use the drop down miscellaneous menu. For obvious reasons I've blanked some button texts in this screenshot:

home_page.jpg

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
It seems to me the problem is still there!

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England

z0mb13e

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 28, 2009
Dorset
I have just had a redirect to jforjustice.co.uk which was something about Nazis.

I could not get into the forum from the home page without the redirect but I have now managed via a saved link.

Googling I found on the vbulletin forum that a number of forums using vbulettin 4 are being hacked.

There is a thread about it here
https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/397949-jforjustice-co-uk-banksters-Hacked?
I got an email from them (via pedelecs) at 18:00...

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
I got an email from them (via pedelecs) at 18:00...
Yes I now see that I got that email at 1807. Presumably all forum members were emailed by the hackers.

I emailed Russ a little while ago and now I see that the redirect which was taking place has disappeared for now.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
This is really worrying....my saved link has actually changed to the hackers website address.....I can only access through email alerts......

Lynda :(

Especially as Im not really 'in' to nazi bankers.......

Last edited:

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Sorry folks, it looks like a big hack is affecting large number of vBulletin sites.

des56daw

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 29, 2008
I received an email then went to logon and got redirected, cleared my history and ran antispyware
and logged on ok.

But that's it I am no longer prepared to take part in the overthrow of Capitalism. ;)

Des

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Ooooh......I'm back here normal again.......phew :D :D

Lynda :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Hmmmm.......no 'likes' available though........so not quite normal :(

Lynda :)

vectra

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2011
I received an email then went to logon and got redirected, cleared my history and ran antispyware
and logged on ok.

But that's it I am no longer prepared to take part in the overthrow of Capitalism. ;)

Des
Can we take our e bikes to London Nov 5th? Never heard of a guerilla movement powered by battery. Will there be any charging facilities?