Temporary removal of threads

C

Cyclezee

@Morgann . For some reason that reminds me of President George W Bush. He was shocked and surprised to learn that 49% of Americans were below average intelligence . {Think about it ]
Sorry Neptune, you are going to have to explain that, I'm not American:confused:

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
@Cyclese . If you measure the intelligence of any group of people , then about half will be above average , and half below . That is what an average is! My attempt to introduce humour into the thread was not to divert it , but basically to say to people , hey , lets lighten up a little . Maybe it was the wrong tactic , but then , that`s me .There`s an old Lincolnshire expression that has often be said of me . "You would laugh if your arse was on fire ! "

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Uhh, sorry Neptune, I did actually get that, it was feeble attempt at humour:p

Caph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 29, 2008
Nottingham, UK
I will shut up now:eek:
I was looking up the dictionary definition of "Too little, too late" and it referred back to this comment in your post. ;-)

Seriously though, if you want to talk directly to another company then email them. If you want to discuss something about another company in a public forum then do so. But don't post an email to another company in the form of a thread on a public forum. We don't need the melodramatics and it's only going to cause problems for the site owner.

The use of this forum by commercial posters I don't think has crossed the line up until now, but using the forum to try and leverage some sort of inter-company dispute resolution is definitely crossing the line. Especially when the post is so blatantly written as an email from one company to another and is so clearly about what should be a private dispute. All you have done is to drag the forum owner in to your dispute and I think he has better things to do with his time.

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
@Cycleze . OMG how below average intelligence do I feel now
I will shut up now , and leave the thread open for serious posters .

Last edited:

Morgann

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2011
and yet only 49% of Dubyas' Murrikans were below average. This must mean that 51% of Murrikins were ABOVE average. No other administration in history has achieved this and in fact. under the Obama administration the average percentage of above average intelligence has actually DECLINED to 50%!!! Obama is making Murrikuns dumber!!!

George W Bushs' legacy: Making Murryka Smarter... briefly

Last edited:

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi Can I say how Cyclezee Has Been so laid back with this problem as he is the recipient off dirty tricks

Well done

Frank

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I was looking up the dictionary definition of "Too little, too late" and it referred back to this comment in your post. ;-)

Seriously though, if you want to talk directly to another company then email them. If you want to discuss something about another company in a public forum then do so. But don't post an email to another company in the form of a thread on a public forum. We don't need the melodramatics and it's only going to cause problems for the site owner.

The use of this forum by commercial posters I don't think has crossed the line up until now, but using the forum to try and leverage some sort of inter-company dispute resolution is definitely crossing the line. Especially when the post is so blatantly written as an email from one company to another and is so clearly about what should be a private dispute. All you have done is to drag the forum owner in to your dispute and I think he has better things to do with his time.

Please remember that this forum is here for the use of ALL members, commercial or otherwise.....

Pointing out the non ethical antics of someone, whether a private individual or a commercial enterprise is acceptable in my book .

This is not an intercompany dispute between Cyclezee and 50C its between Ezee and 50C, Cyclezee is surely entitled to protect his interests and try to 'ask nicely' for them to play fair and remove those pages from their site......end of.
That was all he asked and ALL he said.....I defend his or anyones right to speak up on a public forum against perceived un ethical practices.

I personally learnt an awful lot from that thread and will store that information for further use :D

Lynda :)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
The legal route....We had a similar complaint against a competitor who managed to aquire www.rallydesign.com,a trading style that they had no moral or legal right to own. They had a switch so that every click on same directed the traffic to the competitors site.
I asked nicely and they tried to rip me off for the site to be assigned to us.
There is a court based in Switzerland called WIPO,which is the arbitration and mediation centre for URL disputes,in fact anything deemed unethical over the internet. It isn't cheap,in our case £2k. We won our case-for those interested it was RALLY DESIGN ltd v TAS MOTORSPORT ltd,case No D2004-0882 and the URL was correctly assigned to us automatically. Moral justice TAS Motorsport went bust shortly after,
Dave
KudosCycles

C

Cyclezee

Hi Caph,

You are clearly upset by my what you perceive to be my bad behaviour.

I would like to point out a couple of facts. I do not own the eZee Kinetic Technology Company and I am not an employee or representative of that company.

Cyclezee is an independent limited company, registered in the UK.

I do not sell the products that were in question, only eZee conversion kits and one model from the eZee range.
In have had a private discussion with 50cycles and I am not going to divulge any of it here.

That is all I am going to say regarding this issue.

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
Here is a PM I received from 50C. Some people never give up flogging a dead horse.
Error in your ways?

Hi

Sorry what do you mean the error of my ways. I am not the liar and stated nothing more that the truth. If that offends you then that is not my problem and should not continue to bother you.

With regards to the ezee links they were an oversight from our previous developers. The links are in the process of being moved but is a private matter between our firms.

Best regards

Scott​

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
I dont know why but marbles getting lost springs to mind.......But what does a "DaaHub head" know about such things!:confused: :p

I see that a certain someone is back posting and promoting their wares...and this after I believe threatening the site with Libel?

also more "new" 50 cycles fans popping out of the wood work...funny that. Do you ever feel like you are being played?

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
I dont know why but marbles getting lost springs to mind.......But what does a "DaaHub head" know about such things!:confused:

I see that a certain someone is back posting and promoting their wares...and this after I believe threatening the site with Libel?

also more "new" 50 cycles fans popping out of the wood work...funny that. Do you ever feel like you are being played?

Well, I can certainly confirm their attempted tactic of damage limitation PM's.......

and hey, dont worry Eddie, although you have previously read my comments on the look of your motor......
promise I'll never call you a DaaHub head .....( cant promise not to think of something more original in the future, if necessary , though :D )

As for being 'played'.....that presumes a certain level of intelligence , so I dont think any of us need worry about being 'played' by 50C..... :D

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Hi Funkylyn

That was no threat I was informing the forum that you are a Tonaro Rep alongside Shep?

Tonaro Rep Beware is a warning to other forum member not a threat.

Implying that your post are somewhat biased and you are associated directly with a particular brand. I do not know this to be true and was speculation as I do not want to be like eddieo who spends his time speculating about other peoples business and products but very rarely portrays facts, so I removed the threads.

Sorry if this was perceived as a threat and upset you.

Best regards

Scott

Then please do not inform the forum that I am a Tonaro rep, because I AM NOT....just a satisfied owner.....and what exactly were you telling me to beware of ?

Believe me....if it HAD upset me you would have heard more about it........I gave you the benefit of the doubt and presumed that you 'may' have had a few drinks.........

But, hey, I have better things to do today than re hash all this sorry saga up again.....

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
The most interesting bit in my message from 50C (post #52 above) was this sentence: "I am not the liar and stated nothing more that the truth".

I wonder how he would define stating (on one of the now-deleted threads) that they were surprised to find that the offending references to eZee bikes were still on their site and had promptly removed them - and then a very short time late to state defiantly that they would stay, and, basically, anyone who didn't like it could lump it.

Just one more example of the company's overweening arrogance. Nothing to do with disputes between firms; just a total inability to admit that they could be wrong or have overstepped the mark of civilized behaviour.

I am not affronted by all this because I happen to own an eZee bike, by the way, since I bought it second-hand, and not from a dealer. It is just that I continue to be amazed that anyone, let alone an organisation relying on the public's approbation, could carry on in such a petty, vindictive, untruthful, and (yes, that word again) arrogant way.

shep

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
I am getting really angry about this for the following reasons

1, The original thread was mine, nobody has contacted me about the deletion of my thread.

2, The whole point of the thread was to point out that using the bike as a normal Electric bike YOU WILL NOT GET THE 140Km as stated on the battery and this claim was a major reason in me buying a Kalkhoff Agattu with a 18Ah Battery. I have now used 3 different 18Ah batteries through 2 different Kalkhoff Agattus and get the same results each time AS DOES MY WIFE.

3 Now we are told that this Scott guy at 50 Cycles decides which posts remain and which ones are deleted THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS i quote

"As I do not want to be like eddieo who spends his time speculating about other peoples business and products but very rarely portrays facts, so I removed the threads".

Obviously Scott is from the Stalinist school of business, if you do not like the content then delete it !!!!!! is it not a bit obvious who now runs this forum? as Scott can remove threads including mine whenever he wants.

4 But what really gets me is the stupid jibe that Funklyn and myself are Tonaro reps !!!!!!. I used to have a Tonaro Bighit which i sold to buy NOT ONE but TWO Kalkhoff Aggatus from 50 Cycles. To be honest i am now beginning to regret regretting that decision for the following reasons

1 When i ordered the Tonaro the service from Phil at Powerpedals was absolutely superb.

2 When the Box arrived it was beautifully packaged and double boxed

3 The bike itself was very good, and EXCEEDED THE RANGE quoted. In 1000 miles of ownership nothing went wrong

However owing to a previous motorcycle crash, i have a damaged wrist, and i was finding the mountain bike style a bit painful, so i researched the market and decided on 2 Dutch style bikes one for myself and one for my wife, i liked the crank drive set up, so i went for the Kalkhoffs.

1 The purchasing process was distinctly average, in relation to the Tonaro purchasing experience especially as i was buying a premium BMW/Mercedes product as opposed to a Ford

2 On arrival i was shocked by how badly packed the bike was in relation to the Tonaro, it was simply bundled into a single skin box, with very little packing material.

3 However i was pleased with the obvious Kalkhoff quality which is better than a Tonaro. We ordered the 2 bikes within a few weeks of each other and spent nearly £3600 with 50 Cycles.

4 After a few weeks the pedals in both bikes went, it was the bearings. 50 Cycles very quickly sent out replacements.

5 Then the motor in my bike completely jammed, and i had severe burning of the battery contacts. I contacted 50 Cycles, who sent me out a flat packed delivery box to return the bike back to them. I was really shocked that when selling a premium brand product they did not have a proper bike case for returns, that just seemed frankly amateurish to me. I packed the bike away, and phoned 50 cycles for collection, to be told that there was a 50 pounds collections/returns fee !!!!!!!. I was seriously unhappy about this and after some "spirited" conversation, it was waived. It left a very bad impression with me

6 The bike was returned with a new motor and battery and has been fine since, but my wife's bike is showing the same signs of burned battery connections.

So i am not a Tonaro Rep that was a frankly stupid remark that i resent, However 50 Cycles can certainly learn something from the excellent customer service from Phil at Powrerpedals. I have felt that at 50 cycles customer service has had to be extracted, the heavy handed attitude concerning this thread somewhat proves this point.

Not a very happy customer Scott, and unimpressed with your attitude to me and my thread