Temporary removal of threads

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
To reassure you shep, the threads have not been deleted, just temporarily removed by admin to inspect them for objectionable content which might cause offence meanwhile.

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
To reassure you shep, the threads have not been deleted, just temporarily removed by admin to inspect them for objectionable content which might cause offence meanwhile.
So, again, we have had an example of Scott at 50C being cavalier with the truth in claiming that he deleted them!

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Shep you know who or the mates will be back soon to say it was only a joke and why are you overreacting......Thanks for the heads up re your situation. Am I surprised, not in the slightest. But the £50 (both ways?) charge for a catastrophic failure and a warranty return is a cracker!lol

Last edited:

RoadieRoger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2010
Seems like deleting threads causes more problems than leaving them there ! I am certainly getting the message .

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
Well bugger me, can't get on to Pedelecs because of anti V problems and then when it works again i find all hell has broken loose somewhere about my favorite bike company.... yeah right!
Still a proud owner of a Kalkhoff Agattu though :cool:

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Its probably best for all customers to speak directly to dealers with the issues before venting fustrations on the internet...

Bad practice all round.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Its probably best for all customers to speak directly to dealers with the issues before venting fustrations on the internet...

Bad practice all round.
You think? how would we than know what the hell is going on......

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
Buying direct from China seems to have less problems...

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
I think this whole string of self-justification and invective from various parties, not least among them Scott of 50cycles, is disgraceful as well as very revealing.

I'm the happy owner of a Kalkhoff - the product is great though not, I suspect, the 'ne plus ultra' of eBikes, although for £2.5k or so, I'm not complaining.

However, if I were in the market for a bike now, my money would not be going to 50cycles after the recent and ongoing exhibition. I'll be looking to source parts and batteries elsewhere in future - (maybe Eddie could start importing stuff in his motorhome ;))

'When you're in a hole, stop digging' - sound advice from Denis Healey (and others).

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hugh, no need to be concerned, loads of decent dealers in Germany and Holland, who will post you stuff in a few days.....I saw 8Ah Panasonic batteries for £95 the other week. I was tempted even though I don't have a Panasonic bike!lol

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
When i decided to buy an ebike, the Kalkhoff Agattu impressed me on lots of counts, so i visited 50cycles at their Loughborough branch, loved the bike, not so keen on the offhand service.
I was thinking 'this is not the company i wish to hand over my hard earned readies to' So much so, that i emailed Derby Cycles in Germany asking if there were any other outlets in the UK, they replied 'No' 50cycles are the sole importer, thats how my dealings began :(

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Hugh, no need to be concerned, loads of decent dealers in Germany and Holland, who will post you stuff in a few days.....I saw 8Ah Panasonic batteries for £95 the other week. I was tempted even though I don't have a Panasonic bike!lol
How do you track them down Eddie? I go through Germany a couple of times a year at least on my way East to visit the lady wife's folks in Slovakia, so anywhere en route (Koln, Wurzburg, Passau etc) could be handy.
Don't speak Deutsch unfortunately :(

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
If they're still available at that price Eddie, let me know and I'll buy one....maybe two.

Indalo
cant see any 8Ah now...I did post this a few weeks ago

German ebay is a good start for bikes and battery's. loads of all top makes of bikes on there as all the different dealers seem to use it as a cheap advertising resource

not sure if they will post internationally because of all this thing about lithium etc.. (that is just the battery on its own - complete bike no problem) but you can email or call they always have someone who speaks english. if you have a friend in Germany that probably the best way

kalkhoff | eBay

just copy URL into Goggle translator

Last edited:

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
£346/£399/£651 for 12/18/24 + delivery if they will/can.........18a is excellent value

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
24 Ah? I didn't know such a battery existed. What are the dimensions? Good prices.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
24 Ah? I didn't know such a battery existed. What are the dimensions? Good prices.
Honestly......keep up;) I posted that info two weeks ago