That's Cheating!

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
i had the same situation the other day when i took my bike in the bike shop one of the customers said that is cheating so i just turned around and said to him well least i pedaled here unlike some of the yummy mummies that would drive to school which is only 500 yards from their home the bloke was speechless

As long you are enjoying your e-bike it doesn't matter what other people think at all and they certainly haven't paid the bill

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Someone in the town where i live was laughing at me because he seen me the other day cycling to the next town and he thought it was hilarious that on my bike i have a cover to stop me getting wet but thing is i was going to a appointment it doesn't really look very good if you turn up dripping wet

well i won't be the one getting wet when the rains comes i would much prefer to cycle around places dry then wet

As the theory goes if you were in a soft top car you would soon put the cover over when it start raining
Get some pace going with the wind blowing from behind..

Reactions: Steve A

Excalpino

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 26, 2017
Perth
Just back from 23 mile run on my new Kalkhoff ProConnect B10 ( Bosch Performance Line Cruise).
Previously did this same trip on my unassisted Trek Navigator T30 (15kg hybrid 21 speed). The Kalkhoff is fitted with a Bosch Nyon so measures cadence and watts with good accuracy. Stats as follows

Kalkhoff: Distance 23.62; Time 1h 42m; Av speed 13.6mph; Max 27.4;Ascent 861'; Kcal 800; Av watts 114

Trek : (Strava data). Distance 23.1; Time Time 2h 10; Av Speed 10.6; Max 28; Ascent 771' Kcal 1044;
Av watts 119 (but +28 mins duration)

I'm a reasonably fit but slightly overweight 69 year old (95 kg (14st)) and did this run 98% eco, 2% tour, still showing battery 69% (500w Bosch powerpack. I reckon I'll get 70 miles on a good day.:).

This is a great bike!