Two new Woosh bikes are on the way

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The 27.5 wheels seem to give more choices of tyre at that width, when will you have one of them in for demo?
No. I did not order preproduction sample for this one.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
how would the fb at 80nm compare to say the bigbear for onroad hill climbing
and are a similar weight
The FB climbs up the cliffs in Southend with ease.
I can't tell the difference because hills around Southend are too short to show up. It may come down to controllers.
The controller on the Big Bear is 20A, the FB has 17A.

D

Deleted member 4366

the priorities for a racer are not the same - most people don't corner at high speed and there is a definite advantage riding on 3" balloon tyres when your prostate plays up.
Maybe, but the main point is that any normal cyclist would pedal a fat-bike hard and go nowhere compared with a normal bike. That's why they always have low gearing. Great if you want to ride on the beach, over rocks or in mud, but there's no point in having one on the road.

Anyway, my point was about the way people completely misappropriate these theories. Similar to the 80% battery charging one.

Reactions: VictoryV

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
How do you use these to attach a bike rack? I keep looking at them, but cant picture how they go together
You will need a pair of round clips to fit a front conventional full size commuter mudguard like this SKS because the Omega fork does not have mounting lugs for the hangers.
http://www.tredz.co.uk/.SKS-Commuter-Mudguard-with-Mud-Flaps_69733.htm

The frame has already two fixing holes for mudguard - you only need two M5 bolts.
If I have some free time next week, I'll fit a rack and commuter mudguards to the Rio and take a picture.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
by the way, I will be getting pre-production samples of a new folding bike in the container arriving on Monday.
The new folding bike is a revised 20" Woosh Zephyr with up to date components and wait for it: a Gates carbon belt.

I'll post pictures of it next week.

I wonder if you guys think people are willing to pay £75 for the carbon belt upgrade.

• Informative
Reactions: IR772

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
if bill gates sees this he will expect woosh to give part of the £75 cost to the third world.
whats happened to andys test of rio and fb or is he still riding around southend

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
whats happened to andys test of rio and fb or is he still riding around southend
he's been too busy this week to take the new bikes out.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
You will need a pair of round clips to fit a front conventional full size commuter mudguard like this SKS because the Omega fork does not have mounting lugs for the hangers.
http://www.tredz.co.uk/.SKS-Commuter-Mudguard-with-Mud-Flaps_69733.htm

The frame has already two fixing holes for mudguard - you only need two M5 bolts.
If I have some free time next week, I'll fit a rack and commuter mudguards to the Rio and take a picture.
That would be great, appreciate that, although no mad rush to do it.
I know this thread is maybe turning out to be a request thread, but would there be a possibility of adding mudguards and rack as optional extras at the time of purchase? Just make it simpler as there seem to be so many different racks and mudguards to buy out there some may fit, some may not I guess.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
would there be a possibility of adding mudguards and rack as optional extras at the time of purchase?
it's easy for us to do something different for walk-in customers, difficult to operate mail order when it's not scheduled in advance. We have to keep sufficient stock of spares - this is what we do for the Karoo but not for the Rio.

Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
it's easy for us to do something different for walk-in customers, difficult to operate mail order when it's not scheduled in advance. We have to keep sufficient stock of spares - this is what we do for the Karoo but not for the Rio.
Makes sense, no problem

fatwomble

Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2017
Southampton / Winchester
by the way, I will be getting pre-production samples of a new folding bike in the container arriving on Monday.
The new folding bike is a revised 20" Woosh Zephyr with up to date components and wait for it: a Gates carbon belt.

I'll post pictures of it next week.

I wonder if you guys think people are willing to pay £75 for the carbon belt upgrade.
That sounds reasonable. If I was looking for a folder, I'd certainly pay the extra.

Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
That sounds reasonable. If I was looking for a folder, I'd certainly pay the extra.
the pre-production samples arrived this morning.

The carbon belt is a Taiwanese compatible, not Gates'.
Other than that, the factory did do what I asked.

Nexus 3-speed IGH. Note the Allen bolt above the Nexus. That is the break in the frame to install a new belt.

Very plain appearance at the moment, only the Woosh logo at the front.
If you pick up the bike by the handle, the front is a bit heavy, it will tip a bit, so carrying with one hand although possible, is not pleasant.