Pedelecs frum makes me feel sick

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2016
And p
Because they don't have a clue. The risk is that people don't get out on their e-bike and do their cardio-training thus limiting risk of heart attack! They don't have a clue about what an e-bike is and what a pedelec is and the good that these do to people with heart condition. Their ban is irresponsible.
And posting about doing 40 mph on canal tow paths, growing cannabis, building 1.5 kW bikes, detestricting pedelecs, selling dongles, advising folk how to detestrict bikes is responsible ??? Its this very thing that shapes outsiders impression of pedelecs.

I think we have different views of responsible.( and Pedelecs)
( Ps please don't assume I,m accusing you of any of those,just an assortment of responsible posts over last couple of weeks)

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Just for the record, on two separate occasions including within this very thread. KTM have been blamed for Dave's leaving, and this is not correct.

If you look back to the following linked to thread, Dave stopped posting the moment that he tried to deny having written/said something. It wasn't KTM's doing that he chose to stop posting, it was mine. He even sent me a PM requesting that I remove my post.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/electric-mountain-bikes-no-one-will-buy-one.22070/page-8#post-277019 The content of what he said, also has bearing upon what is currently being discussed here.

Dave sadly also has a bad habit of quoting external passages of text, but cutting out very relevant sections of importance, including some which have been of legal relevance. He didn't like having that pointed out either.

As an aside, If I decided to "frum" one out whilst riding a pedelec, I expect that I'd feel sick as well.

Last edited:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Or it could be that they don't think that it gives enough of a cardiovascular work out. :)
Which as we know is pure BS, a pedelec with a heart monitor app to help dose effort is one of the best cardio-training tools there is. Industry members should be pointing this out to them and arranging for demonstrations to clue them in.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
He even sent me a PM requesting that I remove my post. Bad move on his part.
I must support you here Eddie, since he once very long ago did the same to me, demanding I remove a post I'd made which he disagreed with.

Obviously I refused the dictatorial demand which infuriated him, provoking a savage response full of false accusations.

This is not the first time Dave has walked out of this forum:

He originally joined October 2010 and left May 2011 after a rant at me.

He returned August 2011, but left again April 2012 after a rant at EddieO

He returned again July 2012 and has now left again, May 2016.

In my opinion Dave is a clever, talented, indeed gifted engineer. But clever people are often over-sensitive, and Dave is not the only such capable person to have walked out in similar circumstances. Only recently there was a mention of member and scientist Jeremy, another very clever and capable man, who also left in a hump long ago.

No-one can be blamed for these departures, other members cannot be expected to tiptoe around when posting as if on eggshells.

The web is an open resource for all.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I must support you here Eddie, since he once very long ago did the same to me, demanding I remove a post I'd made which he disagreed with.

Obviously I refused the dictatorial demand which infuriated him, provoking a savage response full of false accusations.

This is not the first time Dave has walked out of this forum:

He originally joined October 2010 and left May 2011 after a rant at me.

He returned August 2011, but left again April 2012 after a rant at EddieO

He returned again July 2012 and has now left again, May 2016.

In my opinion Dave is a clever, talented, indeed gifted engineer. But clever people are often over-sensitive, and Dave is not the only such capable person to have walked out in similar circumstances. Only recently there was a mention of member and scientist Jeremy, another very clever and capable man, who also left in a hump long ago.

No-one can be blamed for these departures, other members cannot be expected to tiptoe around when posting as if on eggshells.

No problem of me going off in a huff then.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
[QUOTE="f
.[/QUOTE]

True of course

But it means the few with time and inclination can flood a forum/threads.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with these views. It's just every thread being hijacked that bugs me. Hence my proposal to keep the legal/illegal debate (or moral/immoral) to one sticky

eHomer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2012
......... I'll be taking another break from it. The forum is bigger than any single person, so, like before, I don't expect I'll be missed. In fact, when I take a step back and think about it, why bother? I get no financial incentive, nor do I have any point to prove or agenda to indoctrinate people with. I'm thinking that I'm a sad bar steward for wasting so much time. If I'm honest, I only do it because I'm too lazy to do something else.
I only pop in here occasionally now, for the same reasons.

I've tried to put information back into the forum wherever I could, but it's a tiny proportion of all the knowledge and help I've gained from it, and especially from d8veh.

When I first posted a few years back I found I knew so little, despite going through several early ebikes.

d8veh enriched my understanding of the technology through his posts and answers to private messages.

Without that, I would not have known about the existence of "BMSBattery" or the interchangeability of the component parts to create my now several high spec DIY conversions, or it would have taken much longer, and I'd have wasted a lot more cash as well as the time.

Dave, please reconsider leaving.

The only thing worse than getting obnoxious trolls on a forum is letting the bast**ds win, and giving them the enjoyment of knowing how they've managed to wreck it for everyone else.

Mar 9, 2016
I only pop in here occasionally now, for the same reasons.

I've tried to put information back into the forum wherever I could, but it's a tiny proportion of all the knowledge and help I've gained from it, and specifically from d8veh.

When I first posted a few years back I found I knew so little, despite going through several early ebikes.

d8veh enriched my understanding of the technology through his posts and answers to private messages.

Without that, I would not have known about the existence of "BMSBattery" or the interchangeability of the component parts to create my now several high spec DIY conversions, or it would have taken much longer, and I'd have wasted a lot more cash as well as the time.

Dave, please reconsider leaving.

The only thing worse than getting obnoxious trolls on a forum is letting the bast**ds win, and giving them the enjoyment of knowing how they've managed to wreck it for everyone else.
Where were these obnoxious posts you quote ?
Yes disagreements but think you,ll find un every case folk disagreeing with DV8eh have been civil.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The more posters the better, so in that respect it's a shame d8 has left, for the time being, probably.

Announcing one's departure in a thread does tell you something about the poster concerned.

I hope he comes back, but I won't be begging him to.

If he wants to stay away, fine, he's a big boy now and can make up his own mind.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I remember asking a question and perhaps badly phrased it, I wanted to know the difference between suspension forks and carbon fibre forks. I wanted a Rose like RobF has but were sold out. But they had one with the carbon forks and wanted to know the pitfalls, if any.
D8veh answered " If you want to save weight, eat less pies".

It still makes me laugh.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
D8veh was very helpful on here,the moaners with their shop bought over priced totally legal bikes might not miss him, but anybody considering a kit or self build has lost a valuable source of information.maybe some on here are just a little upset, that somebody like d8veh can help people, who do not mind getting there hands dirty a better bike for under £800, than they can buy for £1700+,especially the sellers that have to keep everything strictly legal,the forum is currently over the top, with you must keep it legal doogooders and scaremongers,i used to enjoy reading the forums but now they are becoming boring,back in the old days even flecc I seem to remember derestricted his old torq to 22mph and posted how to do it,tilson I seem to remember fitted a gear that allowed his kalkhoff to pass the 16mph cut off,small changes that would be frowned on in the forum now.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
even flecc I seem to remember derestricted his old torq to 22mph and posted how to do it
Indeed, early in the forum's life, some 38% of the members owned a Torq and most of them had the derestriction link disconnected to get assist to 22 mph on the flat with no headwind. Typically back then, any higher assist speeds reached were mostly about 18 to 20 mph and motor power ratings were all 250 watts.

But the problems now are much greater. There's the dongle and it's enabling speed doubling, reaching over 30 mph assist, plus there are those with 45 kph S pedelecs. Also, many modern offerings are 350 watts or 500 watts and kits of 1000 watts or more

In the eyes of many these are much bigger and more obvious problems.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well they have the own uk emtb thread now so the 4 off them can post in there and leave the rest of the forum alone.

• :D
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Damn! There is a "bad spelling" option but not a "bad grammar" one I can't find a button for your post SW...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers