1000w ebike ???

Mar 9, 2016
Well at least you aren,t advertising your immoral carry ons.!! But let us know where and we,ll book fire service !!!
Take care..

SW
And where does Cats come from ??? Get the RC jet bit !!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Mar 9, 2016
Right..get it now..

Once tried building a powered wakeboard, used a small 2 stroke engine... Gave up on it...they are all rage now in Hawaii...Cost about £12k tho..
Thought of an RC jet engine for that but didn't pursue it...

Reactions: morphix

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
dont think jets and water are a good mix tho plus they eat fuel so air time limited to around 10 mins flight time.

any one can buy them tho if you have 4k that is.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Well at least you aren,t advertising your immoral carry ons.!! But let us know where and we,ll book fire service !!!
Take care..
Immoral?!?! Who made you the pedelec Gestapo? Nothing wrong with a large battery last time I checked.

Are we still sure that Flud isn't smartbiker?

Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
is it the same size as this?

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Is that meant for a bike? Why on earth did he make it into a singe pack? Mine is about the same size, maybe a little larger, but split into four sub-packs. I spec'd it to be capable of a journey from Bath to London on a single charge at 15mph. In reality though, I'll be charging during lunch midway, so I won't have to be so frugal with the power.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no idea atm will have to wait and see but he is trying to dump 3kw in to a bafang motor lol all he wants is speed.

Mar 9, 2016
W
Immoral?!?! Who made you the pedelec Gestapo? Nothing wrong with a large battery last time I checked.

Are we still sure that Flud isn't smartbiker?
When you get a dongle upgrade Dan see if they,ll fit a sense of humour upgrade, at least your bike might have one then.??

You actually said I wouldn't want to know what you were upto with your 2.7kwh battery...whatever it is you,ll be doing it a long time with 250w ??? Just under 11 hours ??? Will be Thursday by time you are done !!!

Last edited:

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I'm not about to go sticking dongles in my port, willy-nilly and am quite happy with sense of humour v1.0 thanks. Later versions seem to be bugged with an open-mindedness misallocation.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Reactions: danielrlee

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Are we actually saying this is legitimate ??? Healthy for ebiking ???
View attachment 13776

I,m not commenting either way, just interested what everybody else thinks ???
These sellers offering illegal e-bikes need to be shunned and exposed. I don't know about other e-bike enthusiasts, but it makes me really angry when I see them.

At the moment we have fairly relaxed laws and no regulation on our e-bikes (we can even use throttle without pedaling still?), but that could change dramatically if a lot of these illegal 1000W bikes start appearing on our roads. All it would take is 1 or 2 nasty accidents involving kids and we'd see a typical government knee-jerk reaction.."regulate all e-bikes".

1000W takes a bicycle into moped territory in terms of speed..and bicycles just aren't meant to go that fast! Anyone riding one at those kind of speeds (unless it's restricted to the legal limit) should really have done CBT test or hold a driving license...and hence why we're likely to see the government move against ALL e-bikes if too many of these start being sold.

250W is perfectly sufficient anyway for most riders...if you have high enough gearing and a light bike, you can easily hit speeds of 23mph on the flat and 30mph+ downhill. 23mph is about at the limit I'd say an e-bike should be going under power, without safety becoming a problem in terms of braking, motor cut-out, and requiring an MOT, a driving license and road safety proficiency. These people who buy 1000W bikes who don't hold driving licenses seem to forget, it's not just them on the road! What happens if they crash into someone car and damage all the body and paintwork!?

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Has anyone noticed there's a large influx of Chinese sellers (operating within the UK) now offering 500W and 1000W kits and bikes on eBay, totally ignoring the e-bike law.

eBay as a marketplace is obviously not going to do anything or get involved either if you report the listings as being illegal for road use.

I think we, as a community, have a duty though to inform people this is not legal, safe or good for e-biking as a whole...we should collectively report any sellers we see on eBay or elsewhere...if they want to sell for off-road use or on private land, that's fine..but they need to put clearly on their advertising, "strictly off-road use, illegal and unsafe for use on public pavements or roads"..and quote the legal limit is 250W 15.5mph to remind people, as there's still a lot of confusion over what is legal and not concerning e-bikes if you ask random people not familiar with them. The law is very clear and simple...250W max motor power, 15.5mph max speed...350W's slip through occasionally as they look similar size to 250W and don't go that much faster...but 1000W is just taking the ****.

Any responsible seller would do that! These fly by night merchants just don't care if anyone gets hurt, or the impact this might have on the entire industry.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
The law is very clear and simple...250W max motor power, 15.5mph max speed...350W's slip through occasionally as they look similar size to 250W and don't go that much faster...but 1000W is just taking the ****.
250W is perfectly sufficient anyway for most riders...if you have high enough gearing and a light bike, you can easily hit speeds of 23mph on the flat and 30mph+ downhill. 23mph is about at the limit I'd say an e-bike should be going under power
Which 30mph would you most prefer to get hit at? Confusing isn't it. :)

Reactions: trex and flecc
Mar 9, 2016
I,m afraid Morphix you are wasting your time on here.
This Forum could exert plenty of influence over the things you mention..Generally posters are apathetic with some defending their freedom to break law to the hilt..
A few take a similar stance but not many.
Many argue its been like this years, and historically the authorities have turned a blind eye , assuming this will continue to be the case.
Ebikes/ Pedelecs will soon under go an explosion in their usage. Numbers are growing and soon this growth will be exponential. When that happens,along with the inevitable accidents the authorities will have to change their approach.
We will all lose out, I suspect emtb,s more than anyone else.
The Forum should be managing and guiding folk to legal bikes. It chooses not to, actually openly helping to promote the things we are moaning about..
It really is crazy..
You will be met with derision and sarcasm pointing any of this out..( as above)

Last edited:

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Flud, untrained racing bike riders, with favourable conditions, easily sprint up to 40mph mate. MTB riders, of which I am one, rarely go anywhere near that speed, even on a downhill section. eMTB's going downhill don't go any faster either. It's called gravity mate. eBiking out in the wilds like you do, doesn't trouble anyone now does it? Providing you stop your guide dogs pissing in the reservoir that is! o_O

Plenty of MTB riders are seriously considering the new style of eMTB coming out in the market. Just to make life going uphill in the mud a bit more enjoyable. There's nothing wrong with progress.

Nothing promotes threads better than a good old argument. Keep up the good work. :D

Reactions: rippedupno1

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
The Forum should be managing and guiding folk to legal bikes.
Generally it does and as already stated, the majority own legal ebikes. As in most walks of life though, people are going to do what what they are going to do. If enough people tread a path, the law will tend to follow. Eventually.

On the issue of access rights, you raise a whole lot of 'ifs'. You clearly only see a doomsday scenario and are intent on wasting your energy trying to convince us so, but I guess that is your perogative.

Reactions: LeighPing