27.5 bad for road use?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there all broke any country that goes over 100% gdp are fooked the debt in the usa is now unfixable its not if its when it all goes kaboom and it all gets replaced with digital credit because thats what they want anyway
the vast proportion of creditors are the countries' own citizens and taxpayers via their pension funds. So when a country or UK is broke, it can't pay its creditors, in this case, you lose your second pension, not your state pension. If the UK for example can still sell gilts, then it is technically not broke. Same applies to all eurozone countries.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

your money in the bank is classed as a unsecure loan to the bank as there wont be any more bail outs.
Gordon Brown spent £137 billions to bail in the banks, Johnson spent £700 billions on covid. Half the country earn too little to pay tax. You could say we don't have anything to lose.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

id not leave any money in the bank if i was you cos it is coming like it or not as that is there agenda in the first place crash it all and then rebuild there total $hithole.

if your company was in that much debt in interest payments over what you are able to pay back not even all the interest you are broke and the bank would take the lot.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the banks will go before any of the large businesses because they are in the risk business, they are the most exposed. I would not lose sleep on the dollar or the yen or the euro or the pound. They will move up and down but at the end of the day, their value is based on the country's economy.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
we sold all our good stuff in the 1980s we dont have much left worth bugger all to even make a dent we have been run buy retards that dont have a clue what they are doing, they never got rid of slavery they just replaced it with debt and interest payments.

tho you could lend me 20 million quid and i can pay back 300 quid a month until i die sound good deal :p

i need some risers for my robots to stand on ;)

• :D
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
tho you could lend me 20 million quid and i can pay back 300 quid a month until i die sound good deal :p
I haven't got £20 millions. Perhaps you should ask the chairman of the BBC to find you an arranger...

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I did find your posts on the Fox electric suspension and running the Bosch motor with VESC controller very informative. Thank you for sharing.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well if you had a of shore bank and paid no tax you would have some more money or buy spanners out of pure 24ct gold as a business expense lol

if you think about it the hole thing is a Ponzi scheme they take from the bottom to feed those at the top of it as we are replaceable so the debts and high interest can last for decades.

• Agree
Reactions: Kev.k and Woosh

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Guys we already have a Brexit /EU thread please go over to the otherside and keep the politicking from these other threads.

• Agree
Reactions: robert44 and esuark

Kev.k

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2023
Seen a few Whyte bikes I like but with no transferable warranty, the prices are high. Buying new makes more sense. Maybe that’s their plan?

Ive read that even though Whyte have bosch motors they are easy to derestrict? Something about not having a magnet on the back wheel?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
on the new smart motors they have changed the sensor and put the magnet on the disc rotor to stop you using a dongle.

Reactions: Kev.k

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: Woosh and Kev.k

Kev.k

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2023
I would not be servicing one of these motors myself. Thought I might have a go but not after watching that.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
peter can service them if you have no warranty but if the controller is toast then might not be any other option bar get a new one as he is a bosch dealer as there so new and why most wont transfer warranty 2nd hand.

the brose motors are even worse and need custom made tools to take them apart without braking them as there not made to be serviced yet cost 10k. :rolleyes:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I would not be servicing one of these motors myself. Thought I might have a go but not after watching that.
would that stop you buy a Bosch bike?

Kev.k

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2023
would that stop you buy a Bosch bike?
Not at all. My only concern with new Bosch is that they are difficult to derestrict. Other than that they seem to be the best from what I’ve read.

Brose would not be my first choice motor, but specialized have a great warranty. I also like their TCU.

Its nowhere near as easy choosing a bike as I thought it would be.

Kev.k

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2023
peter can service them if you have no warranty but if the controller is toast then might not be any other option bar get a new one as he is a bosch dealer as there so new and why most wont transfer warranty 2nd hand.

the brose motors are even worse and need custom made tools to take them apart without braking them as there not made to be serviced yet cost 10k. :rolleyes:
If Specialized didn’t use brose this would be a easy decision.

I need to read up on which Bosch bikes are easy to derestrict. I’ve read about newer Whyte bikes being deristicted, but need to double check.

I’ve seen a E 160 RS that I like the look of.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you buy it from martin at ebike shop you can have the dongle and warranty for 2 years tho you can never update it.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Thats the best I’ve seen. Its expensive but to me it’s a bargain compared to high end FS bikes.
Mezza fork(£600) and they dont seem to even be able to tell what hydraulic brake they have, as they've quoted the rotor code, not the brake itself. But even if they put trickstuff Maxima,or tech 4 v4's on, its still a really cheap fork for £12k.

At that money I'd expect at the very least something like an Ohlins RXF38 or even a manitou Dorado pro.
If it didnt lok like they were only interested in how much profit they could scrape out of it, a Fox40 would probably be best.

A £10k e-bike left unattended for hours in London will attract the wrong attention.
They'll steal anything, even a kids bike or a rusty catalog effort that cost £199.

The reason is cycling, especially the offroad stuff is seen by the younger members as the in thing. As such all bikes are expensive if you want it to survive that environment.
The explosion of the sport means more riders, who know what works and what doesnt buy expensive bikes, which like all things worth a few quid attract thieves.
And its not just high end Ebikes(incidentally £10K bikes E or otherwise are a rarity. 3500-6000 is about the usual mark.) Standard analogue bikes are also targetted, and i think we'l find if we were to percenage the thefts, 75-80% would be standard, and the rest Ebike

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh and Kev.k

Kev.k

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2023
if you buy it from martin at ebike shop you can have the dongle and warranty for 2 years tho you can never update it.

It seems like the gen 4 Bosch is a bit of a nightmare unrestricted. I thought limp mode wasn’t something a bike would have. It’s bad enough in a car. At least then its to protect the engine.

No doubt it’s the best of the main 4 motors but I’d rather have something that works flawlessly with a dongle. Even if it’s not quite as good.

Too many hills near me to be peddling a 25kg bike in limp mode.

Related Articles

Advertisers