3d printers

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
My friend John, what you've just mentioned is very serious stuff and for you also to take part in such risk taking tests tells me that you are a very brave and courageous man. Now, how cool is that, I thought of you being mechanical and electrical but now I look at you as being a true human.

MS.

C

Cyclezee

My friend John, what you've just mentioned is very serious stuff and for you also to take part in such risk taking tests tells me that you are a very brave and courageous man. Now, how cool is that, I thought of you being mechanical and electrical but now I look at you as being a true human.

MS.
My friend MS, nice to have friends;)

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I am by no stretch of the imagination brave and I am also averse to physical pain.............unless there is an element of pleasure attached to it:eek:, yes I am human;)

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Well blow me, that was quick Tillson:eek: Good guess, educated guess or insider knowledge:p

P.M. you address I will send you a set of torque plates. They could also be used as a Mandibular advancement device following a bit of minor Oral Surgery:eek:
I thought I'd ticked the No Publicity box.

I don't really know what I'd do with a torque plate, so I'll pass on the kind offer.

Thanks Tom.

C

Cyclezee

I thought I'd ticked the No Publicity box.

I don't really know what I'd do with a torque plate, so I'll pass on the kind offer.

Thanks Tom.
Hi Tom,

Don't forget Christmas is coming and they would make a nice gift as a pair of asymmetric earrings;)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I am by no stretch of the imagination brave and I am also averse to physical pain.............unless there is an element of pleasure attached to it, yes I am human;)
Never a truer word said........ lol ;)

Lynda :)

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
. Now, how cool is that, I thought of you being mechanical and electrical but now I look at you as being a true human.

MS.
Ah, my dear MS. how nice after a long hard day to come on here and enjoy a good giggle .......the mind boggles at your varied views on John, ( but I will refrain from adding to them lol )

I would love to hear any more impressions you have of different forum members......it should be waaay more entertaining than the tele tonight :cool:

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012

Sorry to dissapoint you, but I am by no stretch of the imagination brave and I am also averse to physical pain.............unless there is an element of pleasure attached to it:eek:, yes I am human;)
John if you like feeling pain, how about coming along with me and Franklin the next time we head down to the London Dungeons. We both have marks and bruises to show as proof.:cool:

MS.

C

Cyclezee

John if you like feeling pain, how about coming along with me and Franklin the next time we head down to the London Dungeons. We both have marks and bruises to show as proof.:cool:

MS.
Why would you want to go more than once MS:confused:

Many moons ago I used to walk past the London Dungeon when it was located in Tooley Street which was on my way to college but was never tempted to enter it's portals, I was far more interested in the On Yer Bike shop also in Tooley Street.

Fewer moons ago my kids wanted to go when they are at an age that they liked scary gruesome things, so along we went.
The only pain I felt was in my wallet and the kids were not overly impressed or scared.

What they did love was the Natural History and Science Museums and so did I, entry was free and we were frequent visitors:)

Last edited by a moderator:

smudger1956

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2012
West London
Greater Manchester Police are backing down, a new statement says they can't definitely say that they are gun parts. Little wonder, after release on bail, the accused shopkeeper has challenged anyone to show how the parts could be used to make a gun and has said the two parts are to improve the 3D printer's performance!

It's beginning to look like more of the hysteria that pervades our age.
As they say..'Never let the truth get in the way of a good story'.....

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
Just had a quick google and there are a lot of people making accessories for their bikes, also one on endless sphere built a very nice mount for a Cyclone mid drive.
There are new materials being released weekly for use in 3D printers including Nylon, Carbon fibre reinforced, Poly carbonate, Flexible material etc.
link http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=53792

Last edited:

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Just been to Tesco's to get one of these but they didn't know what I was talking about, I'm sticking to ALDI from now on:(
John take a look over your shoulder I'm there right behind you, I am not too keen on the pickled herring rollmops though.

MS.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Ah, my dear MS. how nice after a long hard day to come on here and enjoy a good giggle .......the mind boggles at your varied views on John, ( but I will refrain from adding to them lol )

I would love to hear any more impressions you have of different forum members......it should be waaay more entertaining than the tele tonight :cool:

Lynda, you'll be the first to know. Lol

MS.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Although you can print virtually any shape, the material is relatively low-grade plastic, and the printing in layers gives it low shear strength in the direction that pulls the layers apart. The accuracy is also quite low on the affordable ones. Like many things, technology will continue to advance, so eventually accuracy and strength will improve, but they've got a long way to go yet.
thats what I thougt until i read this today - worth reading whole article

Solid Concepts manufactures first 3D-printed metal pistol

things are progressing really fast !

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I wonder if you can already print a steel spring?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs