All in One hub kit from South Korea

Bosa

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2023
Lot of Zehus motors here in London, wrong again about trolling. London consumers maybe looking for something else .

• Disagree
Reactions: flecc

Bosa

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2023
If you have to carry a brick on your bike, the worst place to put it is in the rear wheel.
It makes the bike feel heavier than it really is. That's one of the reasons why all in one wheels will never be a big success. I can see a front wheel all in one solution making a moderate success for Dutch step through bikes but then, you will have to connect an external pedal sensor so it won't be an all in one anymore.
Batteries are becoming smaller and more efficient compared to the brick batteries that come out of china and so they can put them in the back no problem. Advancements aare becoming rapid , Gocycle miniature motor and small batteries , same power as old school batteries.

Bosa

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2023
Hardly anybody wants these fancy systems, especially regen. All they want is a bit of power to get them up hills more easily or get to work faster. They don't care how they get it, but they do care about the cost and backup. They generally want a battery of at least 300wh. The Zehus 180wh battery is a non-starter for most.=, especially at £1200. The guy selling them on ebay has no feedback for the last 6 months, so he can't be selling many. Next!
Some people want premium ebike kits nothing wrong with that , and more are coming on the market and will be more advanced etc Kits that are completely bluetooth , wireles just like all our gadgets we use

Bosa

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2023
That's right. I've been in the game a long time and I've talked to a lot of people and tried a lot of stuff, and I disassemble a lot of stuff to see how it works. That's how you find out about stuff. It's much better than reading promo stuff on websites.

Have you opened up a Zehus , Neodrive, Erun hub motor? If you have than you may comment on the quality instead just imaging its bad piece of kit.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Here in London we do. where are you guys based outside London?
Nonsense, I live in London, was born here to Londoner parents and have lived the great majority of my life here, including the last sixty years.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I've opened a Bionx. It's the same as a Neodrive. you can't see quality, but you know when either you have it or don't. In this case the Bionx was bad quality, which is why I had to open it.

I was a quality manager for 20 years, so I'm pretty good at assessing it. In fact I have specific qualifications in quality assessment.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Batteries are becoming smaller and more efficient compared to the brick batteries that come out of china and so they can put them in the back no problem. Advancements aare becoming rapid , Gocycle miniature motor and small batteries , same power as old school batteries.
Sorry mate, but that's complete ball cox. They all use the same cells. as soon as there's one better than before, they all use them. There's never been a breakthrough in battery technology since lithium batteries were invented. Since then, there have only been small incremental changes despite announcements every in the last ten years.

• Agree

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Some people want premium ebike kits nothing wrong with that , and more are coming on the market and will be more advanced etc Kits that are completely bluetooth , wireles just like all our gadgets we use
those so called premium kits are more toys than workhorses, that's why none of them will evolve into a big seller. They tend to concentrate their effort into convincing their customers that they must not have any cables. The rest of the stuff comes probably from the Far East anyway.

Last edited:

Bosa

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2023
I've opened a Bionx. It's the same as a Neodrive. you can't see quality, but you know when either you have it or don't. In this case the Bionx was bad quality, which is why I had to open it.

I was a quality manager for 20 years, so I'm pretty good at assessing it. In fact I have specific qualifications in quality assessment.
Neodrive is not same at all. Lots of weirdos outside London too.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0063_04.JPG

no one gives me any bikes to test ride or do reviews for some reason :rolleyes:

shop shuts in 10 mins and out of tramps pi$$ turbo :p

Bosa

Pedelecer
Jun 16, 2023
those so called premium kits are more toys than workhorses, that's why none of them will evolve into a big seller. They tend to concentrate their effort into convincing their customers that they must not have any cables. The rest of the stuff comes probably from the Far East anyway.
You forget bike manufactures use Zehus and Neodrive and many other quality brands.
let me refresh your memory how many companies use them on their bikes

The following bicycle manufacturers already successfully install drive systems from neodrives in their e-bikes.

https://www.neodrives.com/en/service/e-bike-brands/

This a list of bicycle manufactures who use Zehus

Hers is a very famous brand Mini Cooper who uses Zehus
more famous names in the list below for everyone who maybe interested

They would not be using these kits if they were crap.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
They would not be using these kits if they were crap.
I did not say that any of these kits are.
This a list of bicycle manufactures who use Zehus
Those brands are very well known. What I said is none of them will be a big seller. You can pop in the average European e-bike shop where you'll find maybe 100-150 models to choose from, then ask to test ride a Neodrives or a Zehus. I reckon they will ask you why because it's a niche product.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The following bicycle manufacturers already successfully install drive systems from neodrives in their e-bikes.

https://www.neodrives.com/en/service/e-bike-brands/
You'd believe anything.

That list is an exaggeration. For example a few Kalkhoffs within one year were produced with the Alber Neodrive after their Daum Impulse motors were failing, only because their preferred alternative crank motor from Bosch wasn't available due to the high demand for them then. Easy for them to do temporarily, since they produced the same model names as unpowered bicycles at that time which could have the Neodrive hub motor as a stop gap.

So Alber have included Kalkhoff in the list on that tenuous basis, then to exaggerate further have included Raleigh, which the same bikes were also badged as to sell through different agents, both brand names owned by parent company Derby Cycles gmbh at that time. One bike, all three names in the list, even though there never was a bike branded Derby Cycles.

In fact Derby Cycles GmbH doesn't even exist any more, since in July 2022 it became Kalkhoff Werke GmbH.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Woosh

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Those brands are very well known.
What? Did you read the Zehus list? I've been in this game 13 years, and I've never heard of any of them. Do a forum search and see if you can find any of them mentioned on this main UK forum, or any other forum for that matter. I go to nearly all the UK electric bike shows. I've never seen any of them there. I don't see any of them on the Cycle show list either. Check in case I missed one.

• Agree

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What? Did you read the Zehus list? I've been in this game 13 years, and I've never heard of any of them. Do a forum search and see if you can find any of them mentioned on this main UK forum, or any other forum for that matter. I go to nearly all the UK electric bike shows. I've never seen any of them there. I don't see any of them on the Cycle show list either. Check in case I missed one.
One of them, Cenci, only restores old bicycles, adding a motor, so not even a manufacturer. Another, Taurus, boasts of going back to cycling's roots, including rod brakes in their designs. They would never get past our Vehicle Inspectorate with an added motor.

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

simonbarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 26, 2007
West Hampstead, NW London
One of them, Cenci, only restores old bicycles, adding a motor, so not even a manufacturer. Another, Taurus, boasts of going back to cycling's roots, including rod brakes in their designs. They would never get past our Vehicle Inspectorate with an added motor.
Only one I’d ever seen was Cooper.
Guy is a troll best ignored.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh and flecc