Are ebikes worth the price tag?

Do you think that ebikes and pedelecs are particularly overpriced?

• Yes. Most of them are.

• No. They're all well priced.

• Some are reasonably priced. (Please state which ones you feel are good value for the price tag).

• Some are grossly overpriced. (Please state which ones you feel are overpriced and why).

Results are only viewable after voting.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
yes the parts are not very good but same on all bikes in this price range.

my bike was hi end price wise but still changed the disc rotors handle bars saddle and stem.

and broke a xd hub jumping it:rolleyes:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its the same motor but new lighter outer case and 75nm instead of 60nm for the performance motor.

the cx is not used on sclass bikes and still use the performance motor.

Yamdude

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2013
Somerset
I still cant get my head around how tiny the chain ring is on these Bosch motors. It must spin out all the time, especially if you were to ride without power !!
I dont get it..... Does it work differently in some way ?

Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

oxfordbiker

Just Joined
Apr 23, 2016
The good thing about a normal bike is that you could leave it at the bottom of the garden untouched for a couple of years, then with a bit of oil and WD40 get it running in about half an hour if you wanted to. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be possible with any electric bike. I love riding my Haibike SDURO Hardseven, but I honestly don't think it's worth £1800 quid.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
The good thing about a normal bike is that you could leave it at the bottom of the garden untouched for a couple of years, then with a bit of oil and WD40 get it running in about half an hour if you wanted to. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be possible with any electric bike. I love riding my Haibike SDURO Hardseven, but I honestly don't think it's worth £1800 quid.
A normal bike that you would leave out in the garden probably cast about £50

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
spin out speed on my bike is just under 30mph with 16t on the front 10-42 on the rear ;)

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
because i have a dongle you will never get it that fast with the 15mph limit no matter what gears you have.

19t on the front gets it to dongle cut off speed of 35mph maximum effort required tho.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
I believe the front ring is geared to the pedals hence it dosent spin out so soon

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
The 16 tooth sprocket isn't driven directly from the cranks. The cranks drive an epicyclic gear inside which uprates the turn speed of the small sprocket about 2.5 times.

N.B. Crossed with D8ve's post.
Yes but you had the tech details mine was rough.

Reactions: flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i only had it jam up a few times with a new chain fine after a few miles tho ;)

Reactions: flecc

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol