Are Throttles and Dual Hall Sensors available in different sizes?

e_kid

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 1, 2017
UK
I bought an ebike kit from PSWPower on Aliexpress. The problem I have is that the fixing for the throttle is way too small to fit on my handlebar, and there is also no space for the Dual Hall sensor.

I would prefer to keep the original handlebars and not replace them for thinner ones. Are throttles not available in different sizes? I'm not having any luck finding any.

The same also goes for the Dual Hall sensor. The bike just doesn't have the clearance for it. Maybe I should have gotten a PAS sensor instead?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
e bike throttles are for 22mm handle bar ends.
The dual hall V12L PAS sensor is foe sqaure taper bottom brackets, if yours is Sq taper then you need about 8mm clearance. if not enough clearance then you need to get anew bottom bracket with a longer axle.

Reactions: e_kid and Woosh

e_kid

Dec 1, 2017
UK
e bike throttles are for 22mm handle bar ends.
The dual hall V12L PAS sensor is foe sqaure taper bottom brackets, if yours is Sq taper then you need about 8mm clearance. if not enough clearance then you need to get anew bottom bracket with a longer axle.
Thanks for that Nealh.

What is the reason for only making ebike throttles for 22mm handle bars?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Thanks for that Nealh.

What is the reason for only making ebike throttles for 22mm handle bars?
You will have to ask the China Manufacturers that but likely answer is the type bicycle standard bar end is now commonly 22mm whether mtb,hybrid or step thru and many twist throttles or half throttles are like wise so thumb type throttles follow the same pattern.

The 30mm of drop bars/tourers are simply not catered for.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: e_kid

pn_day

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
St Andrews, Fife
I would recommend you get an additional bar (often used for mounting lights, cameras, or cycle computers) and then attach the throttle to that.
Cleans up your main bars, but still keeps the controls in reach.

Something like this:
eBay
or lots more choices at SJS

Phil

• Useful
Reactions: e_kid

e_kid

Dec 1, 2017
UK
You will have to ask the China Manufacturers that but likely answer is the type bicycle standard bar end is now commonly 22mm whether mtb,hybrid or step thru and many twist throttles or half throttles are like wise so thumb type throttles follow the same pattern.

The 30mm of drop bars/tourers are simply not catered for.
Thanks Nealh. I'll bare this in mind for future bike purchases.
I would recommend you get an additional bar (often used for mounting lights, cameras, or cycle computers) and then attach the throttle to that.
Cleans up your main bars, but still keeps the controls in reach.

Something like this:
eBay
or lots more choices at SJS

Phil
Thanks Phil. I think something like these are probably my best bet for now.