Bafang-bbs01. Can read but not write flash :/

Mange-88

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2019
I think it's not writing to flash, because the values in the 'Basic' tab are not permissible. All the values on your video in the 'Current Limit[%]' are zero :oops:

As a test, try writing the 'Current Limit[%]' to 100% in each of the 'Assist Levels 0-9'. Then in the 'Speed Limit[%]' write 10% in 'Assist Level 0', 20% in 'Assist Level 1', 30% in 'Assist Level 2' and so on up to 100% in 'Assist Level 9'. You must change all these values first before writing to flash, NOT one at a time! Also, write to flash only using the write to flash on the left hand side.
I've just tried, it doesn't work :(

When I press read, nothing happens.

Mange-88

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2019
why not load karls special sauce from the list of saved profiles.make sure to change low voltage cutoff to 31v , max current to 15 and stop delay to at least 10,important or PAS will be slow to kick in.write flash an see if you get the flash successfully written pop up.
I've tried that to, without success :/

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Maybe one of the wires that are soldered to the USB serial adapter has become disconnected.
You would need to carefully cut the heat shrink away from the USB serial adapter to see if this is true. There should be 3 wires attached to the USB pins, a ground (GND) wire, a transmit (TX) wire and a receive (RX) wire.

Mange-88

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2019
Have you checked device manager to confirm driver is recognised?
Actually I haven't. I've got some problem with my windows version, so I just get a error window when try to get into the device manger:/ When I press read/read flash the controller information that appear seems to be the right though. See picture.

Mvh Magnus

Attachments

Mange-88

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2019
Maybe one of the wires that are soldered to the USB serial adapter has become disconnected.
You would need to carefully cut the heat shrink away from the USB serial adapter to see if this is true. There should be 3 wires attached to the USB pins, a ground (GND) wire, a transmit (TX) wire and a receive (RX) wire.
Yes, could be :) But will I be able to read the controller, if that's the case ?

Mvh Magnus

Attachments

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Yes, could be :) But will I be able to read the controller, if that's the case ?

Mvh Magnus
If the receive wire is connected, but the transmit wire is disconnected, then you can read flash but not write. Most of these cables are originally made in China with poor quality!

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Haha, look att this =D
The orange and brown wires are correct. They are actually joined together and allow the controller to power on when the cable is connected. The orange and brown wires DO NOT need to be connected to the pins on the USB adapter.

The black, green and white wires look like they are connected to the USB adapter ok.

Mange-88

Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2019
The orange and brown wires are correct. They are actually joined together and allow the controller to power on when the cable is connected. The orange and brown wires DO NOT need to be connected to the pins on the USB adapter.

The black, green and white wires look like they are connected to the USB adapter ok.

Aha, so everything looks great then?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Okej. hmmm, what to do?
If you are confident in working with electronics, then you could do a loopback test on the USB adapter. See following link:

https://www.trishtech.com/2015/01/testing-usb-to-ttl-adapter-using-putty/

You would just need to short out the transmit and receive pins on the USB adapter with a piece of wire or paperclip, then run the Putty test. The Higo (green connector) end of the cable must not be connected to the bike when you do this test.