Bafang-bbs01. Can read but not write flash :/

Feb 6, 2019
yes u can change some basics via the display advanced settings by inputting a code.like disabling the speed restriction.numbers of PAS levels and wheel diameter.but that has nothing to do with programming the controller.

Does the display communicate with the controller in a different way than my USB cable?

Mvh Magnus

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Does the display communicate with the controller in a different way than my USB cable?

Mvh Magnus
It just allows certain things that are nothing to do with controller programming to be set.for instance u can change the bikes wheel diameter and the speed limiter as i said. it allows PAS to be set to 3,5 or 9 levels, BUT the amount of amps and motor rpm for those levels has to be programmed into the controller. The display is nothing to do with the problem u r having.

your version seems to be 1 ,firmware 0.1A,mine bought in 2017 is version 1.1 ,firmware 2.2.1.1 i wonder if that has anything to do with it.Any ideas on that anyone,are the programming tools compatible with early versions (should be)?

ive attached my programming.

Attachments

Feb 6, 2019
It just allows certain things that are nothing to do with controller programming to be set.for instance u can change the bikes wheel diameter and the speed limiter as i said. it allows PAS to be set to 3,5 or 9 levels, BUT the amount of amps and motor rpm for those levels has to be programmed into the controller. The display is nothing to do with the problem u r having.

your version seems to be 1 ,firmware 0.1A,mine bought in 2017 is version 1.1 ,firmware 2.2.1.1 i wonder if that has anything to do with it.Any ideas on that anyone,are the programming tools compatible with early versions (should be)?

ive attached my programming.
Thx Minexplorer. It's possible, maybe my firmware is out of date :/

Mvh Magnus

Attachments

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Thx Minexplorer. It's possible, maybe my firmware is out of date :/

Mvh Magnus
Ah your new screenshot is clearer.Its hardware version V5.1 i thought it was VS 1.well thats light years on from my V1.1. i thought it odd as it was a new bike, to have older hardware/firmware versions. Maybe thats the issue,the current config tools are out of date for the latest.

i did just see a post from 2 years ago.where a guy could get the config tool to connect ,even partially work,but it seemed an issue with the driver for the com port.others suggested different drivers to try ,during the thread. it was titled 'cant communicate with bafang controller,please help' on electricbike.com. Wish d8veh was still here.

Advertisers