Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I have lots of personal issues, living in the denial of facts isn't one of them...

The populist right wing is 26% of the EU's population, I already posted that figure a while back. Now if we were in the USA that would be a presidential majority but in the EU only in Austria. For those who have problems with history there was a guy with a moustache born in Austria a while back... The only people I have met who were challenging the Austrians for being the most right wing racists on the continent were the Swiss and the English. And I said English, not the British, that was back in the day of the National Front.

You should get out more.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
You didn't think that through, did you?

All remainers couldn't do it, there wouldn't be anything for them to give Agrees or Likes to with only leavers posting.
So what...Like I said try it Flecc..
Surprised you support it, there wouldnt be a thread if more did it. Perhaps you should try thinking things through, I suppose you tried.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon and Fingers

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Welcome to the EUSSR remoaners!. ...

https://theworldnews.net/gb-news/eu-army-germany-reveals-joint-force-already-taking-shape-we-re-working-quickly

EU ARMY: Germany reveals joint force ALREADY taking shape - 'We’re working quickly'
Ursula Von der Leyen said Europe “needs to improve its ability to act on behalf of its own security” at a time of global uncertainty, adding major progress has been made towards realising a joint defence force.
Like the development of the EU’s single market and free movement principle, developing a European army will take time, she said.
But she said cooperation between member states has been boosted in recent months thanks to new reforms and the “obvious benefit” of working together.
Writing in the German newspaper Handelsblatt, Ms Von der Leyen hit back at claims by another German politician who argued the EU should forge ahead with building a “real European army” instead of just talking about it.
In response, she said Wolfgang Clement was right in principle but had neglected to mention “the progress we Europeans have made in the last few years”.
She said: “Europe’s army is already taking shape.
“Reforms over the past months and years have brought our armed forces closer together. We're working quickly.

Angela Merkel is supportive of an EU army alongside France's Emmanuel Macron
His vision was backed by Ms Merkel who said she supported a “real, true” European army.
But the prospect of an EU army has received fierce criticism from British Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson, who warned any force which rivaled NATO would undermine international security.
Branding the plan “crazy and dangerous”, Mr Williamson vowed Britain would “never” be part of the project.
He went on to condemn the majority of EU member states who had failed to hit the NATO military spending target of two percent of GDP - a list which includes France and Germany.
Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson has branded the EU army plan 'crazy' (Image: GETTY IMAGES)
Twenty-five EU members have already pledged to combine their military forces on a regular basis through the Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) pact.
Launched in late 2017, the agreement already involves projects including the formation of the EUFOR Crisis Response Operation Core which some see as a precursor to a fully fledged EU army.

Reactions: Zlatan

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So what...Like I said try it Flecc..
Surprised you support it, there wouldnt be a thread if more did it. Perhaps you should try thinking things through, I suppose you tried.
I think things things through successfully, unlike you.

Of course I support the thread, I started it and it's the most successful thread in the history of this site!

And it's over a third of the way to match the most posted thread ever in the Guinness Book of Records, with perhaps years of trade negotiations to come. :cool:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006

https://theworldnews.net/gb-news/eu-army-germany-reveals-joint-force-already-taking-shape-we-re-working-quickly

EU ARMY: Germany reveals joint force ALREADY taking shape - 'We’re working quickly'
Ursula Von der Leyen said Europe “needs to improve its ability to act on behalf of its own security” at a time of global uncertainty, adding major progress has been made towards realising a joint defence force.
Like the development of the EU’s single market and free movement principle, developing a European army will take time, she said.
But she said cooperation between member states has been boosted in recent months thanks to new reforms and the “obvious benefit” of working together.
Writing in the German newspaper Handelsblatt, Ms Von der Leyen hit back at claims by another German politician who argued the EU should forge ahead with building a “real European army” instead of just talking about it.
In response, she said Wolfgang Clement was right in principle but had neglected to mention “the progress we Europeans have made in the last few years”.
“Reforms over the past months and years have brought our armed forces closer together. We're working quickly.

His vision was backed by Ms Merkel who said she supported a “real, true” European army.
But the prospect of an EU army has received fierce criticism from British Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson, who warned any force which rivaled NATO would undermine international security.
Branding the plan “crazy and dangerous”, Mr Williamson vowed Britain would “never” be part of the project.
He went on to condemn the majority of EU member states who had failed to hit the NATO military spending target of two percent of GDP - a list which includes France and Germany.
Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson has branded the EU army plan 'crazy' (Image: GETTY IMAGES)
Twenty-five EU members have already pledged to combine their military forces on a regular basis through the Permanent Structured Cooperation (PESCO) pact.
Launched in late 2017, the agreement already involves projects including the formation of the EUFOR Crisis Response Operation Core which some see as a precursor to a fully fledged EU army.
This intent is over 25 years old and has NATO's approval:

"In 1992, the WEU was given new tasks, and the following year the Treaty of Maastricht founded the EU and replaced the EPC with the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) pillar. In 1996 NATO agreed to let the WEU develop a European Security and Defence Identity (ESDI). "

It makes sense to avoid dependence on a proven very unreliable USA, who have both let us down and taken us into unjustified wars.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
I think things things through successfully, unlike you.

Of course I support the thread, I started it and it's the most successful thread in the history of this site!

And it's over a third of the way to match the most posted thread ever in the Guinness Book of Records, with perhaps years of trade negotiations to come. :cool:

Over a million viewers according to our friend!

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Says me.

We have never spent more money than in 2018.

You are looking at December spending in some shops. I'm talking about everything and everywhere.

We have never spent more money. Just because some shops profits fell doesn't mean we weren't spening monies hand over fist.
Yes you were spending more money... BUT it was buying less. That is the consequence of a 20% reduction in exchange rate. It you export ,a weak sterling means your goods will undercut an opponent in the export market. If you import, a strong sterling ,means you use less of your reserves to buy in goods.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Fiona Bruce chaired on BBC QT tonight.
what do you think?
easy in the eye?

Reactions: robdon

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Yes you were spending more money... BUT it was buying less. That is the consequence of a 20% reduction in exchange rate. It you export ,a weak sterling means your goods will undercut an opponent in the export market. If you import, a strong sterling ,means you use less of your reserves to buy in goods.

You are talking out of your arse.

Facts are. We've never been richer.

• Agree
Reactions: tommie and Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
At last a "Brexit bonus" Extra Holidays" Actually no,another sign of impending disaster
in the Express
"
Honda to STOP production because of BREXIT: Shock decision over 'expected' border chaos
HONDA announced on Thursday it will cease production for six days in April at its Swindon plant due to border disruptions expected as a result a no-deal Brexit.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Just listened to Jeremy Hunt on Radio 4 with the latest "Project Fear" intended to promote TM's Deal with the EU
He has a pair of new Buzzwords ..... "Brexit Paralysis"
And both he and the BBC goon interviewing him steered well clear of mentioning another referendum, as if such a possibility was too terrible to contemplate.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Just listened to Jeremy Hunt on Radio 4 with the latest "Project Fear" intended to promote TM's Deal with the EU
He has a pair of new Buzzwords ..... "Brexit Paralysis"
And both he and the BBC goon interviewing him steered well clear of mentioning another referendum, as if such a possibility was too terrible to contemplate.
if a second referendum is for remain, then the electorate would have lost faith in the conservatives and they will lose power for a generation.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
if a second referendum is for remain, then the electorate would have lost faith in the conservatives and they will lose power for a generation.
I doubt that is true, they have always been able to con the UK voters, all you have to do is appeal to their greed , insecurity and vanity, and no matter what the Government do to damage the country, these gullible voters will follow like sheep.
After all even when they can't drum up even the simplest argument in favour of Brexit, we get trolls on here who want to disrupt debate by starting pointless arguments.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Remember my previous posts about this ?
What clowns the Brexiteers are to leave the EU at this time where had we really been aganst the formation of this army we could have opposed it while still a member state.
And here you are clowning around and bewailing the fact an EU army is being formed?
Why did you vote for Brexit if you didn't want that?
Your vote for Brexit has simply made it far easier for this army to be formed, because we are no longer in a position to oppose it, and now we have no guarantee it will be on our side.
Do you understand that?
You have turned an ally into a possible enemy
How stupid was that?
You really need to start thinking before making such foolish posts

And finally, explain please what this phrase means
"Welcome to the EUSSR remoaners!. ..."

The remain vote didn't do anything whatever to contribute to the formation of an EU army did it?
Your vote for Brexit by comparison virtually guaranteed the idea was unopposed in the EU parliament., be removing us from a position of power over events.
Stupid move,wasn't it? willingly surrendering power like that.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: oyster and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I doubt that is true, they have always been able to con the UK voters, all you have to do is appeal to their greed , insecurity and vanity, and no matter what the Government do to damage the country, these gullible voters will follow like sheep.
I don't agree. We have had intense political debates ever since A50 was triggered.
UK voters are now possibly the best politically educated in the world.

Advertisers