Brexit, for once some facts.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
btw could you give us a list of what the EU has done for you..... personally??
The list of individual items is far too long for me to do that. In brief:

It's made me far better off than I was before 1972, that benefit ever increasing throughout. Please don't reply with that 8% since it's overwhelmed by our market advantages from being in the EU.

It's greatly improved the lives of those in our deprived areas, which is a benefit to me since I have a conscience.

It's protected me and many others from the various abuses and bigotry of UK governments.

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
FAO the moaning losers.......answers please!

View attachment 28635
We are not told where to fish or what to farm ,there are agreements, we signed up to, and we benefit massively from membership, for otherwise why the terror at leaving without a deal?

Seriously where are you getting this tripe from tommie? even you shouldn't be thick enough to believe it.
Reassure me that you are just joking and know this is rubbish.
Send it back to the idiots at the leave campaign, they may need it shortly
I'm sure Peter Falk is unlikely to be pleased with Morons taking his name in vain for propaganda as poor as this.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Seems you can`t think of any !!!

tbh i`m not surprised - i can`t either :)
OK, an example showing how wrong you are on prices, and how poor your memory is.

The EU has brought me much cheaper cars.

Don't you remember Rip Off Britain, when many of us bought them from mainland Europe, ordering as RH drive and personally importing them at a saving of thousands of pounds.

And the way the car companies who were doing the ripping off in Britain tried to stop that by barring continental dealers from supplying and punishing them with no supplies if they did.

The EU stopped that with their open market regulations and swingeing fines for price fixing by the guilty companies. VW for example, first fined €8 million, then a couple of years later for a repeat offence, €40 millions, then most recently a massive €880 million fine for their Scania division's price fixing.

And that wasn't just cars of course, Rip Off Britain applied to a vast range of goods which EU regulation and enforcement brought down in price. Since when we've had lower prices on consumer goods. Helping with that of course is the EU's VAT that they enforced on us, VAT rates between 5 and 20%, much better than the old 33.3% purchase tax standard rate or the 66.6% on what the chancellor considered non-essentials.

Enough for you to go on with?

Last edited:

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
To put the Dianne Abbott episode into perspective, I'm not a fan, however
The panellists did mercilessly take the mickey and lied in the process
[B]BBC News Press Team[/B]‏Verified account @[B]BBCNewsPR[/B]
We've reviewed what was said re polling on @bbcquestiontime. A YouGov poll published on the day of the programme suggested a lead for the Conservatives. Diane Abbott was also right that some other polls suggested Labour either as ahead or tied, & we should have made that clear.
[B]Richard East[/B]‏ @[B]R1chard_F[/B] 18h18 hours ago

Absolutely correct. Fiona Bruce should make an announcement at the start of next week's programme apologising to viewers for giving a false impression and Diane Abbott for talking her down when she was accurately describing polls.

So apologise.....
Nonsense. She got everything she deserved for being an idiotic hypocrite. Fiona Bruce, the panelists, the audience and about 90% of the U.K. population are absolutely right, therefore no apology for her treatment is necessary.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
OK, an example showing how wrong you are on prices, and how poor your memory is.

The EU has brought me much cheaper cars.

Don't you remember Rip Off Britain, when many of us bought them from in mainland Europe, ordering as RH drive and personally importing them at a saving of thousands of pounds.

And the way the car companies who were doing the ripping off in Britain tried to stop that by barring continental dealers from supplying and punishing them with no supplies if they did.

The EU stopped that with their open market regulations and swingeing fines for price fixing by the guilty companies. VW for example, first fined €8 million, then a couple of years later for a repeat offence, €40 millions, then most recently a massive €880 million fine for their Scania division's price fixing.

And that wasn't just cars of course, Rip Off Britain applied to a vast range of goods which EU regulation and enforcement brought down in price. Since when we've had lower prices on consumer goods. Helping with that of course is the EU's VAT that they enforced on us, VAT rates between 5 and 20%, much better than the old 33.3% purchase tax standard rate or the 66.6% on what the chancellor considered non-essentials.

Enough for you to go on with?
How strange then your Leaf is cheaper here in the UK than other EU countries?!!
So after we`re out of the EU mafia and saving £39bn in the process and £8-10bn annually it should be even cheaper still!

• Price in UK is 23,350 Pounds (27,471 Euros) after government incentives
  • Price in the Netherlands is 32,839 Euros (28,068 Pounds). Dutch buyers will benefit from 6,000-19,000 Euros (5,128-16,239 Pounds) in tax savings over five years
  • Price in Republic of Ireland is 29,995 Euros (25,637 Pounds) after government incentives
  • Price in Portugal is 29,955 Euros (25,603 Pounds) after government incentives
  • All prices include battery

• Disagree
Reactions: gray198 and flecc

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
So pig ignorance is OK with you?
No, pig ignorance it’s not ok wit me. I’ve watched the programme and I thought it was balanced, fair and the interruptions proportionate to the context of the debate.

This makes a change for the BBC which is usually a left leaning organisation. A fact which they make no attempt to hide and have created a dedicated left wing channel called CBBC (Corbyn Biased Broadcasting Corporation). I’ve never watched it, but it’s usually on weekdays in the late afternoon/ early evening.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So after we`re out of the EU mafia and saving £39bn in the process and £8-10bn annually it should be even cheaper still!

• Price in the Netherlands is 32,839 Euros (28,068 Pounds). Dutch buyers will benefit from 6,000-19,000 Euros (5,128-16,239 Pounds) in tax savings over five years
  • Price in Republic of Ireland is 29,995 Euros (25,637 Pounds) after government incentives

That has nothing to do with the FACTS that I posted Tommie. Why the hell do you think we were buying cars from mainland Europe and then were able to stop thanks to EU action?

And anyway, you'll have to try harder than that pathetic attempt!! That's not my car.

Those were the prices for the announcement and launch of the first Leafs in 2010, made here so cheaper here back then of course.

All that has changed substantially since then with very different prices and subsidies and five different Leaf models, so like has to be compared with like.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimod and robdon
D

Deleted member 128

No, pig ignorance it’s not ok wit me. I’ve watched the programme and I thought it was balanced, fair and the interruptions proportionate to the context of the debate.

This makes a change for the BBC which is usually left leaning organisation. A fact which they make no attempt to hide and have a dedicated left wing channel called CBBC (Corbyn Biased Broadcasting Corporation). I’ve never watched it, but it’s usually on weekdays in the late afternoon/ early evening.
CBBC is for kids, I think you'd like it.

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: gray198 and robdon

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A P.S. to my previous reply, No it isn't!

I've just been researching for the truth and here's the latest Nissan list prices. Since there are several models and trims, I've just chosen the top of the range Tekna model but the same applies throughout:

UK: £33,655

Portugal: €33,500

• Agree
Reactions: Jimod and robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

Ever heard of Government Policies? you know those things the EU has no power over and we are completely free to do what we want with while still a member?

• Agree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
A P.S. to my previous reply, No it isn't!

I've just been researching for the truth and here's the latest Nissan list prices. Since there are several models and trims, I've just chosen the top of the range Tekna model but the same applies throughout:

UK: £33,655

Portugal: €33,500
You have have you??
And been seriously economical with it... tut-tut flecc

New Nissan LEAF Tekna

Prices Range from
£29,890

View Offers
Finance Calculator
  • In Addition to N-Connecta:
  • ProPILOT Advanced Driver Assistance System**
  • BOSE Premium Audio with 7 Speakers