Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
  • Agree
Reactions: robdon

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Does cutting and pasting make it untrue?

Highly personally, I and partner have benefited from being able to use UK (NHS and private) prescriptions to get the medicines dispensed by European pharmacies. Cross-border prescriptions have been of huge benefit to many people with whom I am in regular contact.

(UK cost of liothyronine around £250 for 28 tablets. German cost around £31 for 100 tablets. Plus many who buy the German product find it superior to what is available in the UK.)
I just find it lazy to cut and paste other people’s work and opinions.

Reactions: Zlatan

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Thats right Wicki. Jump right in. Wheres Robdon when he, s needed.
Probably busy trying to fathom why you so often confuse commas, apostrophes and <no punctuation mark>. :D

Most likely he is reading, or will later read, and deciding whether or not to declare any reactions.

Last edited:
  • Agree

wheeler

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2016
Scotland
I just find it lazy to cut and paste other people’s work and opinions.
Yes, much better to keep reinventing the wheel.
This is just an internet forum, it isn't an exam or a memory test. That should make it easier for you to come up with your list.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
New Nissan LEAF Tekna

Prices Range from £29,890
Since you've posted a disagree to my correct answer to this post, let me put you right.

This above price that you quote is not the maker's list price, it's the UK price after deduction of the government £3500 grant, nor is it for the highest spec Tekna model, it's just the start price.

The £33,655 that I posted is for the maximum spec Tekna before deduction of the government grant, since I posted in comparison with the Portugese price for the identical spec before grant deduction.

It has to be compared that way since grants to encourage e-car purchase are national issues for sound reasons and vary widely.

Last edited:
  • Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Probably busy trying to fathom why you so often confuse commas, apostrophes and <no punctuation mark>. :D

Mots likely he is reading, or will later read, and deciding whether or not to declare any reactions.
Glad it upsets you. I 'll add pedantry to your long list of faults.
BTW Oyster, when criticising others punctuation it might be a good idea to check your own spelling before posting..
MOTs are what cars have annually.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Guardian has this as of 18:25 today:

The Guardian view on Theresa May’s challenge: no change, no Brexit
Editorial

At the weekend, two former prime ministers showed they understand the need for new Brexit approaches. Theresa May needs to learn the same lesson
The Guardian also ran an article claiming that Jeremy Clarkson’s Grand Tour tv programme was rubbish and it had run it’s course. I’ve just watched Season 3 Episode 1 in 4K HD and it’s fantastic.

Part of Detroit’s derelict industrial area is being turned an urban garden by Vegetablists. Clarkson drove a supercharged V8 Ford Mustang straight through it. Kale flying everywhere. Great television and very funny. How wrong the Guardian is on all fronts

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
The Guardian also ran an article claiming that Jeremy Clarkson’s Grand Tour tv programme was rubbish and it had run it’s course. I’ve just watched Season 3 Episode 1 in 4K HD and it’s fantastic.

Part of Detroit’s derelict industrial area is being turned an urban garden by Vegetablists. Clarkson drove a supercharged V8 Ford Mustang straight through it. Kale flying everywhere. Great television. How wrong the Guardian is on all fronts
Anyone with half a brain knows Guardian is as biased as DM.
Sort of discounts our miss spelling pedantic friend.

Reactions: gray198

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
The only logical course for any of the politicians is in the end to go for a Referendum. Only in this way will they avoid the blame and repercussions they so richly deserve, and pass the blame to the Public.
Since they are all a cowardly bunch this is the way they will go

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Since you've posted a disagree to my correct answer to this post, let me put you right.

This above price that you quote is not the maker's list price, it's the UK price after deduction of the government £3500 grant, nor is it for the highest spec Tekna model, it's just the start price.

The £33,655 that I posted is for the maximum spec Tekna before deduction of the government grant, since I posted in comparison with the Portugese price for the identical spec before grant deduction.

It has to be compared that way since grants to encourage e-car purchase are national issues for sound reasons and vary widely.
What are you on tonight Flecc. Mr I, ll prove I, m right again. Give us a break. So what. Who cares how much worst car in world costs. Nobody. I, m going to find some Kale to destroy with my V8...

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Ye
The only logical course for any of the politicians is in the end to go for a Referendum. Only in this way will they avoid the blame and repercussions they so richly deserve, and pass the blame to the Public.
Since they are all a cowardly bunch this is the way they will go
Yep, defo. Arguments might die down. What we want is another referendum to divide us some more and give us all amnunition to argue for another 3 years. Brilliant OG. Dont know how ypu think of it. Its so mind bendingly clever. Hows Co op these days..? Bet its cold in that window with your tackle out.

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Yes, much better to keep reinventing the wheel.
This is just an internet forum, it isn't an exam or a memory test. That should make it easier for you to come up with your list.
We can all use google, find stuff and re post it. It’s dead easy and takes zero intellect. Why not try reading a variety of sources, consider a number of opinions and then post your take in things? Actually, I think I inadvertently answered that for you in the first two sentences.

Reactions: gray198 and Zlatan

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I think you might incur the wrath of OG. I’m not sure that he approves of investment, it a kind of fraud apparently.
Now what am I accused of? shouldn't this post be linked to something or other, or is it just a random babble?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Mr I, ll prove I, m right again. Give us a break. So what. Who cares how much worst car in world costs.
I don't care, I was just answering Tommie's questions and consequent challenges. It was Tommie who cared and raised the subject.

If he'd just accepted my honest answer in the first instance none of that would have cropped up.

• Agree

Advertisers