Brexit, for once some facts.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
Fingers, a self confessed troll. :):):)

Hmmmm. Perchance it's you which cannot read?

Where did I confess this?

If you can show your workings I will leave this site and donate 5k to the charity of your choice.

If not. Apologise.

Lol. As if. You have the brain of a fly and clearly a constitution of one when it comes to alcohol.

• Disagree
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Bless.

I have a new devotee.

It’s good to increase the flock. I’m just glad I’ve got him posting. One less voyeur eh @robdon ?

I live to give,
Well don't bring your "new devotee" on here unless unlike you, whatever it is can behave itself and post on topic.

• Agree

50Hertz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2019
Sort of Brexit, but if not, when did that ever stop anyone? Having said that, if we have a Hard Brexit and become a rogue state, perhaps the rule book concerning such matters as that below will be torn up. Who knows? So maybe a little bit Brexit related after all.

Shamima Begum, should she be allowed to return to the United Kingdom? I believe that current rules governing such cases say she should, but is there a case for non compliance on the grounds of public safety? If she is allowed to return, the baby could be placed in care and Begum prosecuted, and likely locked up, for terrorism related offences, but again, is it fair to place the additional strain on an already overstretched prison system and social services facility? Is the answer to do nothing and to let the life she has chosen play out with the attendant consequences, whatever they might be?

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Is the answer to do nothing and to let the life she has chosen play out with the attendant consequences, whatever they might be?
The latter that I've quoted. She's shown no remorse for her actions and still clearly believes in the Islamic State cause, now merely wanting to use the UK for it's medical services while hating our culture.

We don't want her or her attitudes, and her child should grow up knowing it's mother for who she is, just like the rest of us have.

• Agree
Reactions: robdon and tommie

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
The latter that I've quoted. She's shown no remorse for her actions and still clearly believes in the Islamic State cause, now merely wanting to use the UK for it's medical services while hating our culture.

We don't want her or her attitudes, and her child should grow up knowing it's mother for who she is, just like the rest of us have.

She should be allowed to fly home but on the condition that Cardiff football club book the flight.

• Dislike

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

The only information I have on this is the conversation with my daughter in law last night. The facts as I understand them are .
A 15 year old child leaves England and travels to a war zone. Her motivations were ??. Excitement? Love? , Enthrallment?. Confusion? Religious fervour? She spends 4 years there,, witnesses and maybe participated in vile practices. How much of this was voluntary,how much under duress, ? How much was survival in the situation she was now in?.
Now she wants out and home. . We had trolling on this site about Stockholm Syndrome,.. well is this not a classic case.?.
My general view is that every person is entitled to citizenship of one state,and one state only. I see the concept of a person with multiple passports and citizenship of two or more countries as bigamy. Her state and citizenship is UK.
My view also is that where an adult ,decides to leave their state and fight with and for another state, they should be free to leave, and their citizenship of their original state is forfeited. However removal of a citizenship is a judicial not an administrative matter. However at the time of her departure,she was a child,and incapable of making that decision.
That the UK or the US or even the EU would seek to punish people for vile deeds carried out in lands beyond their borders is an unbelievable arrogance. So is using terminology like terrorist ,
So my view is that she would be entitled to UK consular assistance,and presumably NHS medical assistance for repatriation. Same as would be offered had her aeroplane from Heathrow to Perth, crashed in Fiji and she spent 4 years with cannibals. ( Help Not trying to be racist about Fiji..just making a point )

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
So my view is that she would be entitled to UK consular assistance,and presumably NHS medical assistance for repatriation. Same as would be offered had her aeroplane from Heathrow to Perth, crashed in Fiji and she spent 4 years with cannibals. ( Help Not trying to be racist about Fiji..just making a point )
Words fail me - what an unbelievable statement..you have to be better than that Dan for a Louth man...c`mon!

don`t you realise this would be a green light to every wannabe budding terrorist that whenever they became bored and fed up with beheadings and torture they could just swan back into the UK to continue their brainwashing of innocent minds there...ridiculous!!

• Disagree
Reactions: gray198 and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
don`t you realise this would be a green light to every wannabe budding terrorist that whenever they became bored and fed up with beheadings and torture they could just swan back into the UK to continue their brainwashing of innocent minds there...ridiculous!!
apparently, about half the numbers of Britons going to Syria have come back, not many have been jailed for going there.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the vast majority of returners cannot be prosecuted through lack of evidence.

Advertisers