Brexit, for once some facts.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Still making a pillock of yourself over this issue?
Pay more Taxes for a Proper Border Force fleet of Vessels
Why not raise a charity to pay for it?
Now there's a good idea!
Perhaps the three stooges would like to chip in as well?
OG, when you have no coherent or acceptable answer to a point, you resort to insults.

I don’t want a Border Force fleet because they just pluck the wasters out of the sea and land them here in the U.K. If they were sinking boats a few metres off the French coast or immediately returning the criminals back to France, I would be very happy to help fund that.

If a charity were to be raised, the type of people coming over on these boats would mug the collector, smash open the charity tin and take the money.

These people need to be housed somewhere. Why not open up a room in your house? Seriously, why not? Why won’t you do that? It’s a possibility. You won’t because you don’t want them in your home or living in close proximity. You are too dishonest to admit that, preferring spout off on here insulting those who are honest & transparent enough to state their true feelings.

The ultimate solution is to remove the factors which are driving these people from their homelands into other countries. Emptying one country into another is a stupid and reckless solution and one which you are stupid and dangerously delusioned enough to endorse. I would be content to see my taxes rise and the money used to EFFICIENTLY assist people develop in their own country.

So, how many are you prepared to have in your spare room. Yes, I thought so, now shut up.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
OG, when you have no coherent or acceptable answer to a point, you resort to insults.

I don’t want a Border Force fleet because they just pluck the wasters out of the sea and land them here in the U.K. If they were sinking boats a few metres off the French coast or immediately returning the criminals back to France, I would be very happy to help fund that.

If a charity were to be raised, the type of people coming over on these boats would mug the collector, smash open the charity tin and take the money.

These people need to be housed somewhere. Why not open up a room in your house? Seriously, why not? Why won’t you do that? It’s a possibility. You won’t because you don’t want them in your home or living in close proximity. You are too dishonest to admit that, preferring spout off on here insulting those who are honest & transparent enough to state their true feelings.

The ultimate solution is to remove the factors which are driving these people from their homelands into other countries. Emptying one country into another is a stupid and reckless solution and one which you are stupid and dangerously delusioned enough to endorse. I would be content to see my taxes rise and the money used to EFFICIENTLY assist people develop in their own country.

So, how many are you prepared to have in your spare room. Yes, I thought so, now shut up.
Your second last paragraph I fully agree with. The problem is that this was created by the actions of Western powers ,including the UK but particularly the USA, in full ignorance of any form of history and common sense, made a media event called the Arab Spring.

Now while I would not be comfortable with them living in my house..I am a simple private person.. Fingers and Tommie might concur with the " simple" , I would have no difficulty with them next door, or on my road, or in my village . I quite like the sound of children playing . It is the arrival of some of these immigrants that has revitalised our rural economy,and improved our cuisine.
When I occupied a position of some marginal local importance, I did my best to facilitate and integrate their predecessors. And in my current voluntary activity, I have been instrumental in assisting Brazilian graduates, basically abandoned by their state acquire official status as engineers, and gain more meaningful employment than rickshaw cycle drivers.

Last edited:

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015

You said this
"Emptying one country into another is a stupid and reckless solution and one which you are stupid and dangerously delusioned enough to endorse."
I didn't endorse it did I?
As usual you try to attribute words to me that were never said

If you want to stop migrants being a problem a good place to start is to stop creating them in the first place as follows
Stop supporting surrogate wars on behalf of America, Israel. Saudi Arabia, etc, and desist from being one of the major Arms selling nations.

Your so called solutions are in fact straight out of something belonging the 1930's and have no place being proposed by by someone who tries to pass himself off as civilised, you are in fact suggesting murder by deliberately withholding assistance and should be ashamed to suggest such action.
And you come out with the standard right wing propaganda just where did you copy this from?
"

Let's put it this way, the part that worries me is where you say this
"insulting those who are honest & transparent enough to state their true feelings."

You should be ashamed of yourself to even hold such feelings never ,mind express them!

I wasn't insulting you calling you a pillock, simply putting it politely, as sensible heads need to sort this out not people who some out with nonsense as you did

You want to protect our borders? then pay for a bigger navy.
So you want to simply ignore these people in the hope they disappear and are no further nuisance to you?
Great answer.. just let them drown... because you are afraid...

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Your second last paragraph I fully agree with. The problem is that this was created by the actions of Western powers ,including the UK but particularly the USA, in full ignorance of any form of history and common sense, made a media event called the Arab Spring.

Now while I would not be comfortable with them living in my house..I am a simple private person.. Fingers and Tommie might concur with the " simple" , I would have no difficulty with them next door, or on my road, or in my village . I quite like the sound of children playing . It is the arrival of some of these immigrants that has revitalised our rural economy,and improved our cuisine.
When I occupied a position of some marginal local importance, I did my best to facilitate and integrate their predecessors. And in my current voluntary activity, I have been instrumental in assisting Brazilian graduates, basically abandoned by their state acquire official status as engineers, and gain more meaningful employment than rickshaw cycle drivers.
Ha ha, we are all “private people”. That one is nearly as funny as , our village isn’t the right place, there are no facilities. Very common statements from the pro immigration crew.

You wouldn’t want 15 illegal immigrants sharing the house next door to you, hot bedding. That’s what happens and someone has to suffer it, but not you, there aren’t the facilities in your village, entirely unsuitable. BS.

• Dislike
Reactions: robdon

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
I have a helpful suggestion to heal the Rift that Brexit has caused.
A voluntary national register of those who voted for and against Brexit, so that Taxation can be sensibly allotted only to that part of the population that insisted it wanted certain changes, now what could be fairer and more democratic than that?
Fun idea yes?

• Agree
Reactions: POLLY and robdon

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
why don't we accept that some global problems like refugees and economic migrants don't have yet a satisfactory solution?
These are short term issues where we still have wars, famine and disregard for human rights. If you fast-forward a few generations, it will be inconceivable that people won't be able to live and work wherever they want. In the meantime, some people will go to the extreme because they know that the odds are still better than that of death should they wish to do a u-turn.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
A voluntary national register of those who voted for and against Brexit, so that Taxation can be sensibly allotted only to that part of the population that insisted it wanted certain changes, now what could be fairer and more democratic than that?
Fun idea yes?
How would those who do not register, did not vote, spoiled their ballot paper, etc., be taxed?

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
You said this
"Emptying one country into another is a stupid and reckless solution and one which you are stupid and dangerously delusioned enough to endorse."

If you want to stop migrants being a problem a good place to start is to stop creating them in the first place as follows
Stop supporting surrogate wars on behalf of America, Israel. Saudi Arabia, etc, and desist from being one of the major Arms selling nations.

Your so called solutions are in fact straight out of something belonging the 1930's and have no place being proposed by by someone who tries to pass himself off as civilised, you are in fact suggesting murder by deliberately withholding assistance and should be ashamed to suggest such action.
And you come out with the standard right wing propaganda just where did you copy this from?
"

"insulting those who are honest & transparent enough to state their true feelings."

You should be ashamed of yourself to even hold such feelings never ,mind express them!

I wasn't insulting you calling you a pillock, simply putting it politely, as sensible heads need to sort this out not people who some out with nonsense as you did

So you want to simply ignore these people in the hope they disappear and are no further nuisance to you?
So how many are you going to take on and support St OG of Hull? I’ll tell you, none, because you are just like everyone else, you don’t want them in your back yard. For every illegal immigrant here, they live next door to someone, hang around the streets in somebody’s area, but as long as it’s not yours, that’s ok. Some people are dick of it. All that separates you is your unwillingness to admit the truth. Now that is something to be ashamed of, really ashamed of.

Last edited:

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
So how many are you going to take on and support St OG of Hull? I’ll tell you, none, because you are just like everyone else, you don’t want them in your back yard. All that separates you is your unwillingness to admit the truth. Now that is something to be ashamed of, really ashamed of.
maybe, but - to raise a similar issue than before - what about the pond life that lives in our back yards anyway? I'm more inclined to believe in meritocracy than xenophobia. Years ago i lived next to an estate. packed to the rafters with English scum. unemployed, drug abusing, vandalising, feckless idiots who's contribution to humanity was exactly zilch. Police was there every night. Give me immigrants looking for and prepared to build a better life every time.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
You said this

"

Ps. I still love you OG :) We are just a world apart in our outlook.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Fun idea yes?
I have a better idea rooted in our rich and precious history: partition (like pakistan/india). we could send all the leavers to the Falklands, it's lovely and beautifully isolated (no risk of illegal immigration).

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I have a better idea rooted in our rich and precious history: partition (like pakistan/india). we could send all the leavers to the Falklands, it's lovely and beautifully isolated (no risk of illegal immigration).
Jonathon
Out of interest how did you vote at last General Election.??

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Ha ha, we are all “private people”. That one is nearly as funny as , our village isn’t the right place, there are no facilities. Very common statements from the pro immigration crew.

You wouldn’t want 15 illegal immigrants sharing the house next door to you, hot bedding. That’s what happens and someone has to suffer it, but not you, there aren’t the facilities in your village, entirely unsuitable. BS.
Would you read what I wrote? Or is that beneath you?. I said I would have no problem if they were located next door,or anywhere else in my village. And we actually have accommodation in certain properties. What I would not be interested is in giving them facilities or luxuries which we deny to our own natives. There are plenty of properties which might not appeal to a upwardly mobile yuppies, but which are potentially serviceable.

• Agree

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
labour, but with corbyn turning out to be possibly the most limp lettuce of an opposition leader ever, i cannot say i feel good about it. How about you?
Agreed.. But did you read his manifesto before you voted. The bit saying Labour would leave EU... See you on Falklands Jonathon. You supported leave as much as any leaver in referendum.
The GE was countries second chance of not supporting leave. Unfortunately most remainers didn't bother voting accordingly, perhaps misinformed or just thick. Not sure which.
I voted Tory,completely wasted in my town. But couldn't support Corbyn.

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Dislike
Reactions: robdon and tillson

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
Agreed.. But did you read his manifesto before you voted. The bit saying Labour would leave EU... See you on Falklands Jonathon. You supported leave as much as any leaver in referendum.
The GE was countries second chance of not supporting leave. Unfortunately most remainers didn't bother voting accordingly, perhaps misinformed or just thick. Not sure which.
I voted Tory,completely wasted in my town. But couldn't support Corbyn.
our electoral system leaves most voters trapped between three parties, left to choose the least worst option. did you really subscribe to the entire tory manifesto? i doubt it.
my falklands plan would be much more caring than your legalistic approach : all those who choose leave personally and in principle would be free to go there. and why wouldnt they? from an isolationist perspective it could be nirvana. for anyone else who want to live in the real world where everything becomes increasingly integrated, being on europes doorstep makes sense.
PS no need to be insulting ("perhaps misinformed, or just thick"). none of us really know anything about each other.

Fingers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 9, 2016
our electoral system leaves most voters trapped between three parties, left to choose the least worst option. did you really subscribe to the entire tory manifesto? i doubt it.
my falklands plan would be much more caring than your legalistic approach : all those who choose leave personally and in principle would be free to go there. and why wouldnt they? from an isolationist perspective it could be nirvana. for anyone else who want to live in the real world where everything becomes increasingly integrated, being on europes doorstep makes sense.
PS no need to be insulting ("perhaps misinformed, or just thick"). none of us really know anything about each other.

The EU is closer than the Falklands. Why don't the remainers go there? There's less off you too so we'd be saving the environment too.

Win win.

Reactions: tommie and Zlatan

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Our voting system leaves every voter the freedom to choose any one of those 3 parties. Since you felt so strongly about one particular aspect why didn't you support the party offering you your choice?( Lib dem actually had remain in their manifesto)
You demonstrated by your voting you were not that bothered about remaining or leaving but now it is happening you are looking for someone to blame. Blame yourself for not voting Lib dem, or blame Corbyn (or May) for not offering your desires but stop the divisive BS blaming leavers. It will lead to more division.
Your little ramble about what voting system is or isn't is pure distraction. You supported leave with your vote. Fact. How can you expect May or Corbyn to do any other than leave. They were voted in with leaving. Its a binary choice, not scalar. You expect them to do a U turn even after 80% of voters voted to support leave in last GE. Dream on. We are leaving and primary reason is 80% voted to do so in last GE.
I find it insulting being told I, m an isolationist. I, m far from it.
I inferred leavers were thick for voting for something they plainly didn't want. What do you call it? Were you misinformed or perhaps more likely you didn't bother reading manifesto. That's not my problem. Its yours, so stop blaming leavers, because you are one, you voted for a party whose leader is perhaps biggest eurosceptic in country and whose manifesto plainly stated Labour would take us out the EU. Why vote for that if you want to remain. Please explain.

It's quite amazing really. Corbyn has a history going back 20 years voting against EU policies. He, s plainly a leaver. He states this before election, puts it in writing in his manifesto. People vote for Labour and are then having a go at leavers. It's quite barmy.
Be honest. Did you bother reading Labour manifesto before supporting labour??

Last edited:

Advertisers