Brexit, for once some facts.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
At least one tory has a sense of humour:

‘Operation Rinka’: rebel Tories raise pressure on Boris Johnson to resign
Nicknamed after dog shot in Thorpe affair, plan afoot to oust PM over Downing Street parties scandal

I suspect few younger people will appreciate the reference unaided/unexplained.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
tories voting intentions sink further, the gap now widens to 13%
Tories: 30%
Labour: 43%
Labour should have more seats than conservatives in the next parliament.
Steve Baker of the ERG and Covid Research Group may lose his seat (Wycombe) - I reckon he will want BJ out before it's too late for him.
His seat is in the middle of the vulnerability list and Labour may gain about 77+ seats in the next election.
North of the border, the SNP is set to wipe the tories out. No wonder that Douglas Ross also wants BJ out.
It will probably end up with my prediction some while ago of a hung parliament yet again.

Labour needs almost double that to to have the control of the House that Johnson has enjoyed.

jonathan.agnew

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 27, 2018
tesla QC can be a bit dodgy - more so for decidedly high priced cars - many youtube vids with series 3 with very dodgy panel gaps. however, touch wood my by now banger territory s is still going strong (other than a reduced rapid charger rate and 18% loss of battery capacity, but its circa 145k miles)

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
many youtube vids with series 3 with very dodgy panel gaps.
That's American engineeering, I've seen even Cadillacs with half inch panel gaps.

The space shuttle disasters didn't surprise for one moment, their engineering standards are often atrocious.

I remember long, long ago a large carbon arc plate maker imported from there, looking for all the world as if made by new apprentices and full of their welding and cutting mistakes. We condemned it as junk.

Ironically it came in a huge timber crate of such staggeringly good quality it was unbelievable. Seven ply, one of the largest side panels had a superb grain pattern, so good that I turned it into a replacement dining table top.

Talk about getting priorities wrong!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
It will probably end up with my prediction some while ago of a hung parliament yet again.

Labour needs almost double that to to have the control of the House that Johnson has enjoyed.
if the gap remains 10%+ until the election, they'll get their majority.

from the Express:

Just six per cent of those surveyed said they thought Mr Johnson had been honest in responding to questions about Downing Street parties - and 60 percent believed he should resign.

Leading polling expert Sir John Curtice has warned the Labour Party could win a general election with a majority.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Not sure of it's accuracy but this is interesting, if you like this kind of thing:

• :D
Reactions: POLLY

Mrs Honeyman

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2021
DEFENCE STATEMENT

1. There was no party

2. If there was a party, it was within the rules, but there was no party.

3. If there was a party I did not attend.

4. If I did attend the party, I did not realise it was a party I was attending.

5. If I attended the party and realised it was a party, I did not know that parties were banned under the rules that I wrote & read out on national TV.

I simply can’t wait for number 6. It’s going to be a hoot.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
DEFENCE STATEMENT

1. There was no party

2. If there was a party, it was within the rules, but there was no party.

3. If there was a party I did not attend.

4. If I did attend the party, I did not realise it was a party I was attending.

5. If I attended the party and realised it was a party, I did not know that parties were banned under the rules that I wrote & read out on national TV.

The Mail blames red wall tories for panicking, the Express talks about new MPs plotting.

They deserve each other. The MPs for supporting Johnson. Johnson for failing the MPs (and everyone else, of course).

It is as if some papers think Johnson has a god-given right to be PM regardless the car crashes he created. It is almost like Johnson had been loyal to previous leaders. Or competent in any role.

Mrs Honeyman

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2021
The Mail blames red wall tories for panicking, the Express talks about new MPs plotting.

They deserve each other. The MPs for supporting Johnson. Johnson for failing the MPs (and everyone else, of course).

It is as if some papers think Johnson has a god-given right to be PM regardless the car crashes he created. It is almost like Johnson had been loyal to previous leaders. Or competent in any role.
I think he will be disposed of. I’m slightly nervous about who will replace him. From the lineup of names I know, Hunt wouldn’t be a bad choice.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think he will be disposed of. I’m slightly nervous about who will replace him. From the lineup of names I know, Hunt wouldn’t be a bad choice.
the two main issues for those who want to replace BJ are: who would beat Starmer and who would carry the torch light for brexit.
Starmer does not frighten the average voters as much as JC did, so there is no obvious best candiate or candidates.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
6) Parties are not banned in the Covid regulations, they have no mention of the word party. Gatherings were banned for various purposes, which could include parties, but the ban on gatherings specifically excludes workplaces. It is a workplace and all present including me were either employed there or had the right to be there in that workplace. Therefore no laws were broken.

N.B. The above facts I've posted previously and they are completely true, but everyone is so keen on the witch hunt they take no notice. Perhaps all should instead do as I've done, read both the Covid laws end to end.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
6) Parties are not banned in the Covid regulations, they have no mention of the word party. Gatherings were banned for various purposes, which could include parties, but the ban on gatherings specifically excludes workplaces. It is a workplace and all present including me were either employed there or had the right to be there in that workplace. Therefore no laws were broken.

N.B. The above facts I've posted previously and they are completely true, but everyone is so keen on the witch hunt they take no notice. Perhaps all should instead do as I've done, read both the Covid laws end to end.
party = social gathering.
people like myself feel upset about those who made the rules did not follow and respect them like I did.

m

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
party = social gathering.
people like myself feel upset about those who made the rules did not follow and respect them like I did.
How do you prove they went there for a social gathering when it was their workplace, which is specifically excluded from the regulations anyway?

As I've posted from the outset this whole fuss is ridiculous, Someone has got away with something they haven't, and surprise, surprise, it's someone privileged !

That's the world we live in, it's why Johnson got elected in the first place, it isn't going to change anytime soon and there's far more important issues to be dealt with.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
How do you prove they went there for a social gathering when it was their workplace, which is specifically excluded from the regulations anyway?
it's what people like me believe that matters.
It's both the spirit of the law and the letters of the law.
If the lawmakers try to rely on 'technicalities' to bend the rules, they deserve to lose their seats.
BTW, Christian Wakeford defected to Labour.

• Agree
Reactions: oyster

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
To a huge cheer from the opposite side, Tory MP and former minister David Davis has urged Boris Johnson to go.

I expect my leaders to shoulder the responsibility for the actions they take. Yesterday he did the opposite of that.
He concluded: “in the name of God go”.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
He concluded: “in the name of God go”.
to that, BJ repeated that he takes full responsibility and refuses to say that he will go.
that's not taking responsibility. BJ can campaign, not lead.

• Informative
Reactions: oyster

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Maybe more Red Wall's tory MPs will follow Christian Wakeford and defect to Labour to keep their seat.

Reactions: oldgroaner

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
it's what people like me believe that matters.
It's both the spirit of the law and the letters of the law.
If the lawmakers try to rely on 'technicalities' to bend the rules, they deserve to lose their seats.
BTW, Christian Wakeford defected to Labour.
Meanwhile over 6 million people are on hospital waiting lists for years and people who can't afford food queue for over an hour in the winter cold at a food bank, afterwards returning to homes they cannot afford to heat. This when our £3.9 billion aircraft carrier is laughably trying to make China and its largest navy in the world afraid.

But you fret about people having an informal drink and chat in the garden of their workplace.

Reactions: Zlatan

Advertisers