Burisch offroad electric bike, new for £649 on ebay

norry

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2012
And people say ebikes are expensive!

Yep they are a little bit on the pricey side. No maintenance at all really and the tires last for 1000km+
To get back on topic this highlights why I like the Burisch, it's fun. I like riding fun cycles and my unicycle also fits into that category.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Looks like a good deal, but i become a bit wary when a new member comes on and gives it a plug and also regards the wisper 905 sport like ridding a tank :mad:
Tank? It would be after a unicycle! :D

I don't question Neil's report or question his status since he has also freely criticised some aspects of the Burisch in uncomplimentary terms.

mart.hart

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2008
If an Electric bike is fun and a unicycle is fun.

Why not make an electric unicycle for twice the fun.

Or is that silly ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Without any assist all purpose build e-bikes (note I have only tried two) I have tried felt sluggish and heavy. The two e-bikes I have tried that take a normal frame bike and add a battery and hub motor just seem nicer to ride. It's a personal thing.
I agree with that Neil, most don't compare with normal bikes. Some time when you get an opportunity, try one of the better crank drive bikes. Some of the lighter ones with the Panasonic power unit can feel very much like normal bikes and run much more freely than many hub-motor bikes.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it's possible though.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hello Fast Eddie

I was reading your post and found out that you suffer with Chronic Fatigue from long term illness.
How are you getting on these days,has your health improved at all or are you still the same?
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a type of sickness in which non suffers do not seem to understand or are not interested in getting their head around in what a sufferer is really going through.Any hope that you are
having a good day,if or when you read this message.

Mountainsport.

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
Does the low gearing as standard assist with hill climbing or is it just too low for any normal use?

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
Does the low gearing as standard assist with hill climbing or is it just too low for any normal use?
Personally I found the bike pretty much useless with the standard chainring. I now have a 50T on there which is much better while I await the arrival of an 11-28T rear cog-set.

norry

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2012
To add a slightly different take. I'm much more of a spinner than a pusher when it comes to riding so although when assisted you really need a bigger cog on the flat the bike as is was fine for hill climbing and I've done some steep ones when I took the bike up North West with me. I'll be putting a 48t cog on today so will report back.

Update: Just put a 48t cog on and the range is much better now (for me).

Last edited:

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
I am looking to move up from my Sailsbury, the controller appears to have given up on me. ;(

Can you tell me if the weight 20kg is as its claimed? And is the throttle gradual enough when
in use?

OxygenJames

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2012
I am looking to move up from my Sailsbury, the controller appears to have given up on me. ;(

Can you tell me if the weight 20kg is as its claimed? And is the throttle gradual enough when
in use?
On the scales - with no mudguards lights or anything mine came in at a fraction over 20Kg so yes you're right on the weight. The throttle is reasonably gradual but the peddal-assist is not. It's very much once you peddle and it kicks in thats it you're off untill it reaches terminal speed. When I pop to the shops which is a mile away through dence city traffic I always take my oxygen because its so smooth and responsive - the Burisch is not the bike for that trip.

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
On the scales - with no mudguards lights or anything mine came in at a fraction over 20Kg so yes you're right on the weight. The throttle is reasonably gradual but the peddal-assist is not. It's very much once you peddle and it kicks in thats it you're off untill it reaches terminal speed. When I pop to the shops which is a mile away through dence city traffic I always take my oxygen because its so smooth and responsive - the Burisch is not the bike for that trip.
Well, having only spotted this thread the other night, and based on the price, the power, the weight and the speed of the bike, i've just plonked the necessary wod down on ebay. I just hope it gets here in time for me to trial for work.

I also hope there is some kind of tweek in the controller for a smoother peddle assist mode. Peddle assist from its description seems to be a simple latch, on/off into the controller. I wonder what kind of values are going into the controller from the peddle assist sensor?

I'm coming from the Salisbury, which has faired well until late, where it seems the controller might have died on me. Shame, as i'd only in the last 6 months bought a new battery [£300] for it. Still work comes first, and i can't arrive exhausted from the trip there, so hence this gamble on the unknown.

Is there a serious difference between 50T drive cog and the present arrangement, 44T?

::technical specifications:: « Burisch Bikes
::buy online:: « Burisch Bikes

Last edited:

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
While I'm waiting for the battery to charge........

anybody know where I can source some quality brake levers - ie ones with cut-off wires?

I looked on ebay but they all cost about £10 which means they will probably be about as good as the ones that come with the bike - and without actually looking at the real item its hard to tell - but I am thinking surely you need to pay £40-50 for the pair to get anything of quality - anybody know where I can look?

Would you say these were quality levers?

Electric Bike Sales - Shop Online for Electric Bikes, Electric Vehicles and Cycle Accessories - Dual brake lever - Promax

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
Just realized my Salisbury comes with 44T drive cogs as standard, and i've not had any complaints on that level.

Truth is, I don't know what i'd do with a 50T cog, except build bigger muscles. ;)

Sacko

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2011
What's the hill climbing ability like?