Help! Cube Stereo full suspension conversion.

Bodgeitnscarper

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2019
I checked the display manual and it says the setting allow you to change auto-off between 1min to 9min. The issue I have is motor immedially cuts off once error 21 pops up - which is typically about 3 seconds into the ride. Have you had the same issue, or did your motor keep going despite the error?
Mine kept going and works fine, just shows error 21H. It would cut off after 5 mins until I turned the auto shut down off.

Craig todd

Just Joined
Jan 28, 2021
Hi there,
I have recently purchased a second hand Cube Stereo full suspension bike. It is the best bike I have owned. I am a reasonably fit big bloke nearing the big 50 and have a very physical job (removals) and walk well over 10k steps daily.
My 17 year old son has now taken pole position on our rides and I want to be able to ride with him without throwing up.
I have considered getting a factory e-bike but love this Cube.
My recent research has confused me somewhat. I'm not sure a mid drive conversion is possible and the rear of the cube has a 15mm through axle. Not happy to go for a front wheel kit.
Has anybody converted a full suspension to a useable standard?

Thanks
Bodge
Hi,

Just joined this forum as I saw this question and might be able to answer it.

I have a 2015 cube stereo 120 HPA, which I installed a bafang bbs01b mid drive motor onto.
The one problem I had was the casing of the internal drive gear fouls on the right hand chain stay. This was overcome by installing a 2 mm spacer on the right hand side of bottom bracket.

The problem with that is the bottom bracket is already at the maximum for the bbs01 (67 - 73mm)

This ment i could not install the lock ring for the bb mounting nut.

So instead I used locative thread locking compound.

I have been using this fir 2 years with no problem.

Hope this helps.