Help! Cube Stereo full suspension conversion.

Bodgeitnscarper

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2019
The more I look at your pictures :( the happier I am its not my build :rolleyes:;) I think the rear stays are to wide
I may order the bbs02b kit and try to fit it, if it wont fit I'll have to find another bike to fit the kit to. I think I'll not buy a battery until I know what bike it will be fitted to.
Imagine if it fits on the cube and I have to wait a month for the battery:oops:

Thanks for your input Peter

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
You can order a battery and get in a few days :D I use psw power they keep motors and battery in stock in a German warehouse so vat and duty paid ;)
delivery is only a few days with no nasty customs charges

Bodgeitnscarper

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2019
You can order a battery and get in a few days :D I use psw power they keep motors and battery in stock in a German warehouse so vat and duty paid ;)
delivery is only a few days with no nasty customs charges
I am just about to click the 'buy' button from them on Amazon. Going to leave the battery until the kit is fitted:) or not fitted:oops:

Bodgeitnscarper

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2019
Well, I ordered the BBS02B via Amazon from PSWPower initially holding off on the battery to make sure the kit fitted. I then had a look on PSWPower website following the link from Peter.C.
Worked out about £50 cheaper so I cancelled my Amazon order and ordered from the website.

The kit arrived today in super fast time from Germany and I have a free few days as the scuba diving trip to Mull I was attending was cancelled due to impending storms.

Anyway It is all fitted and I think I've got away with it!!

I made a 3mm aluminium spacer for the chain side and longer 6mm bolts and washers for the other side. Everything misses everything just about.

I couldn't fit the locking cap on but the retaining ring has plenty of thread. I need to get some more suitable 6mm bolts and maybe identical washers to neaten it up a bit.

I've routed the wires and excess wires are in the small frame bag I use for spares and snacks anyway.

Wish I had a battery to test it all but now I know it fits.

I am going to order a triangular battery from Aliexpress which will fit in the frame if their measurements are correct. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32764740516.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.799b3c00FNSbQA

If anybody spots something I've missed please advise.

Cheers
Bodge

Bodgeitnscarper

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2019
BTW, I went for the 44t chainring luckily but reckon I could get away with a 42T. I added 7 links to my chain to accomodate the larger ring.
What is the smallest dished chainring that I can fit to the BBS02?

Bodge

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Well done:D I use larger nuts as spacers rather than washers, use Loctite on the 33mm nut and gently hit the spanner with a hammer;) until tight

Bodgeitnscarper

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2019
Well done:D I use larger nuts as spacers rather than washers, use Loctite on the 33mm nut and gently hit the spanner with a hammer;) until tight
I have ordered some loctite earlier. There was a huge sigh of relief when it all went together.
been for a quick battery free ride and all 10 gears work ok but time will tell.

Bodge

Bodgeitnscarper

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2019
well the battery arrived today, it is a tight squeeze as the stated dimensions were slightly smaller than the one I received.
I cant fit it with the bag as it is oversized and padded. I first took the padding out where it mattered but it didnt help.
I have mounted the battery on foam pads and held it in place with tie wraps. I have split the bottom of the bag and it fits over the top tube and fastens under the down tube (i'll photogrph the finished bag hack tomorrow).

Here is a photo of the battery before i secured it.
I hope it will be ok not fully in a bag and padded where it touches the frame.
My lad cobbled up a rear mudguard to keep water and mud away from the motor and battery and the bag should keep rain off the top and sides.

I went for a 2 mile easy ride as I havent tidied up the cables yet but all seems good so far, tomorrow will be the real test day.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The size problem is common I found always turns out to be bigger than in the drawing ,if you check under the blue wrap at the sharp corners its often possible to shave and round them off, then reseal with gorilla tape
20mm plastic conduit can make a good edge

Reactions: Bodgeitnscarper

Bodgeitnscarper

Pedelecer
Jul 21, 2019
Another interesting day in the self build ebike world.
After securing the battery and putting the butchered bag over it I took it out for a test ride.
after my 10th event free mile an error code came up on the 750c display of 21H and a picture of an engine.
A few seconds of research led me to believe it was a speed sensor issue. I checked all wiring and positioning of the magnet and sensor. When powering up the code isn't displayed but following a few wheel revolutions via pedal or throttle the error comes back. Exactly the same happens if I disconnect the speed sensor and perform the same test.
With the speed sensor connected there is no speed showing on the display or range of miles left etc. The voltage of the battery shows and the time is correct. the motor functions as it should as does the throttle, i can also adjust the PAS setting from 1 to 9.

The speed sensor light illuminates and stays illuminated once the magnet has passed for the first time, it then flashes off then on every time the magnet passes. (interestingly if I invert the sensor the light remains off but flashes on then off as the magnet passes).

I have a colour 750c display which following more research on the Luna website, they describe error codes on their own custom made 750c display with error number '15' being speed sensor and error '21H' being "UNKNOWN".

I bought the kit excluding battery from Pswpower, from the Germany location.
I am a little puzzled and everything points to a speed sensor issue but could it be the controller?

Otherwise the bike was brilliant!!

Thanks
Bodge