Cycling. Health. Covid. Diet.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Yes. If you don't want to spend too much time John Hopkins University does an excellent job of collating reliable (or as reliable as possible) sources, and they are well presented for exploration by the Oxford group, link below.

Jeez! Did you not know that John Hopkins is funded by The Bill an Melinda Gates Foundation, that has been pumping billions into vaccine research and manufacture. It was Bill Gates that said in 2010, "“First, we’ve got population,” he said during the talk organized by TED, a non-profit organization devoted to spreading ideas. “The world today has 6.8 billion people. That’s headed up to about nine billion. Now, if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by, perhaps, 10 or 15 percent. But there, we see an increase of about 1.3.”

The other big organisation sponsoring the vaccines is The Rockefeller Foundation, who have also had population control at the forefront of their agenda for donkeys years.

Just saying!

Whenever you see anybody or organisation say something significant, always look to see who's paying them. Within a few steps up the tree, you can soon figure out what's going on. I'm still wondering where the $10.6 billion went that was donated to BLM, according to The Economist. One of the heads of one of the main chapters got a couple of thousand to pay for some activities, and Patrisse Cullors suddenly started buying mansions, but that still leaves about $10.6 billion. Who has the money? Who was it actually donated to? What are they doing with it?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The vaccine does seem to reduce how transmissable a person is, but I dont believe it completly stops a vaccinated person passing on the virus.
Yes, it's been admitted it doesn't always stop the transmission.

So maybe it is inevitable that eventually we will all get it ?
Unless improved vaccines completely eliminate it in the way we were successful with smallpox and to a considerable extent, polio.

And of course there will be some who can never get it due to a natural immunity, just as there are some who cannot catch AIDS.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Or as POLLY succinctly puts it "Covid 19 is 100% BS".
Ok, I was (and still am) very confused by this quote.
Because POLLY just said "B.S." and nothing more. Which I thought was probably related to my comments about the spike proteins.
So I looked at POLLY's posts ... LOL ... and I didn't realise that 99% of that posters posts simply say "B.S." and nothing else :D
However pretty much all of those posts are in the Brexit thread - which is what's currently confusing me, because when I use this site and the forums, what I do is look at the new posts
"https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/find-new/posts"
Which I assumed showed ALL new posts across all forums ? However I never, ever see the Brexit thread popping up (I assumed it had died ... wow. .. how wrong I was !!)
So can someone tell me - does the 'find new posts' option NOT include the charging post/General chat forum?? Seems I've not been seeing a whole bunch of 'new posts' for a year or more !?!

Robina

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 11, 2019
Re the meat and dementia debate---

Basically ,it's best to go for an old fashioned omnivorous diet,which obviously
includes meat dairy and veg,with little processed food,sugar or salt.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
So can someone tell me - does the 'find new posts' option NOT include the charging post/General chat forum?? Seems I've not been seeing a whole bunch of 'new posts' for a year or more !?!
Correct, not included. The reason is that the cycling purists objected to any political discussion. We pointed out the heading to the Charging Post stated:

Anything that is not electric bike related

but it seems they have a different understanding of the word anything.

So to stop the rows it was excluded from New Posts.

I enter on the Forums page and scroll down to see the Charging Post.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Re the meat and dementia debate---

Basically ,it's best to go for an old fashioned omnivorous diet,which obviously
includes meat dairy and veg,with little processed food,sugar or salt.
Totally agree, the prior discussion amused me with the nonsense being spouted, especially some saying dairy is unnatural for adults.

I've always eaten all meats in moderation, fish, only full cream milk, double cream, clotted cream, cheese, and butter rather than the awful "spreads" made now, plus plenty of veg and fruit. I almost never eat any processed food and never eat any ready meal or Fast food.

At 85 years with weight 63 kilos and a BMI of circa 23 I'm looking forward to a few more years eating that range of foods.

Reactions: Tony1951

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
Totally agree, the prior discussion amused me with the nonsense being spouted, especially some saying dairy is unnatural for adults.

I've always eaten all meats in moderation, fish, only full cream milk, double cream, clotted cream, cheese, and butter rather than the awful "spreads" made now, plus plenty of veg and fruit. I almost never eat any processed food and never eat any ready meal or Fast food.

At 85 years with weight 63 kilos and a BMI of circa 23 I'm looking forward to a few more years eating that range of foods.
It is quite depressing and also occasionally comical teh way diet fad people (and others) spout complete, unsupported nonsense, such as the point you mention that dairy is not natural for adults. The majority of human beings on the planet have been supported by farming for the last ten or twelve thousand years, and for the last two hundred it has been 99% of us, and dairy products have always gone alongside pastoral farming, which was probably the earliest form of farming that has gone on. You need only look at the nomadic herdsmen in quite primitive societies to know that dairy products have been a part of our diet for ten thousand years at least.

You are absolutely right about moderate eating and balanced diets of fruit, vegetables, cereals, meat, fish and dairy - preferably, meals made with your own hands. The kind of things your grandmother made.

• Agree
Reactions: Robina and flecc

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
Jeez! Did you not know that John Hopkins is funded by The Bill an Melinda Gates Foundation, that has been pumping billions into vaccine research and manufacture. It was Bill Gates that said in 2010, "“First, we’ve got population,” he said during the talk organized by TED, a non-profit organization devoted to spreading ideas. “The world today has 6.8 billion people. That’s headed up to about nine billion. Now, if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by, perhaps, 10 or 15 percent. But there, we see an increase of about 1.3.”

The other big organisation sponsoring the vaccines is The Rockefeller Foundation, who have also had population control at the forefront of their agenda for donkeys years.

Just saying!

Whenever you see anybody or organisation say something significant, always look to see who's paying them. Within a few steps up the tree, you can soon figure out what's going on. I'm still wondering where the $10.6 billion went that was donated to BLM, according to The Economist. One of the heads of one of the main chapters got a couple of thousand to pay for some activities, and Patrisse Cullors suddenly started buying mansions, but that still leaves about $10.6 billion. Who has the money? Who was it actually donated to? What are they doing with it?
Oh dear. Conspiracy theories now.

Another way of looking at the Gates foundation is the one in which a man who was at one time the richest man on the planet, decides to devote his vast fortune to doing good, ending scourges such as malaria, infectious diseases and a range of horrors which kill and damage millions of people each year. Some might say that it takes a special kind of logic, not accessible to most of us, to start impugning such efforts as motivated by malign intent.

Reactions: richtea99 and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

:p

GSV3MiaC

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2020
Yes, the conclusion is that, like flu, eventually 99.9% of everyone will get it. The goal is to spread out 'when' to avoid hospital overload, and to reduce the %age who get very ill or die. If we can get the death rate (ie %age of those infected who die from it) down to flu levels we will have done well.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
So I looked at POLLY's posts ... LOL ... and I didn't realise that 99% of that posters posts simply say "B.S." and nothing else :D
However pretty much all of those posts are in the Brexit thread
Polly is therefore very astute. You should take notice of what he/she says.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Oh dear. Conspiracy theories now.
Not theory, but verifiable facts. Check them for yourself. You can make your own theories if you want
Yes, it's been admitted it doesn't always stop the transmission.

Unless improved vaccines completely eliminate it in the way we were successful with smallpox and to a considerable extent, polio.

And of course there will be some who can never get it due to a natural immunity, just as there are some who cannot catch AIDS.
There's as much chance of a vaccine stopping Covid-19 as there is of stopping the common cold. Actually, it's not Covid-19 anymore, it's just a mutating coronavirus, the same as the common cold. All such viruses tend to mutate until they become relatively harmless, otherwise we wouldn't be here now. Israel is now saying that you need a 4th jab. Like the flu, they can only make vaccines for last years version, which has already been and gone before the vaccine was made. Today there will be a new variant. A lot of people are going to make a lot of money out of this.

Last edited:

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
Not theory, but verifiable facts. Check them for yourself. You can make your own theories if you want

There's as much chance of a vaccine stopping Covid-19 as there is of stopping the common cold. Actually, it's not Covid-19 anymore, it's just a mutating coronavirus, the same as the common cold. All such viruses tend to mutate until they become relatively harmless, otherwise we wouldn't be here now. Israel is now saying that you need a 4th jab. Like the flu, they can only make vaccines for last years version, which has already been and gone before the vaccine was made. Today there will be a new variant. A lot of people are going to make a lot of money out of this.
I don't disagree with anything you said in the second part of that. It is here to stay.

My main interest now is in how we got the damned virus in the first place and why there is so little appetite to discuss it in the media.

I have no doubt at all now that it came from a lab escape at the Wuhan institute of Virology. There is a very interesting article published last May that you might like to look at. I suspect we would maybe find more common ground on that topic than whether the vaccines are a wicked plot.

Check this out. I don't think you will consider it a waste of time.

The Originns of Covid-19 - natural, or a lab leak

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It's been known that it was man-made from the beginning, but there was a massive cover up by social media. Anybody that mentioned it was made in the Wuhan lab got cancelled. Now Facebook have admitted it and it's allowed for anybody to say so. The virus has the CGG-CGG gene sequence in it that's never been found in nature. Also Dr Shi Zhengli wrote a paper detailing how she took a spike protein and grafted it onto a bat virus. The vaccine was patented in March 2020 right at the beginning of the pandemic. Hello!

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
https://theconversation.com/covid-lab-leak-theory-rare-genetic-sequence-doesnt-mean-the-virus-was-engineered-162360

"COVID lab-leak theory: ‘rare’ genetic sequence doesn’t mean the virus was engineered"

"Disappointingly, many other media articles appear to have accepted and repeated the claims from the WSJ piece. The origin of Sars-CoV-2 may remain unresolved, but there is no evidence presented in the WSJ piece that scientifically supports the concept of a lab leak of a genetically engineered virus".

Who to believe ?

Robina

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 11, 2019
To

Totally impressed Tony,I can only hope ,in 13 years time I'm like you.
How often do you get out on your bike?

It's a shame the diet and covid debates aren't on separate threads.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Totally impressed Tony,I can only hope ,in 13 years time I'm like you.
How often do you get out on your bike?

It's a shame the diet and covid debates aren't on separate threads.
I'm no longer cycling. I gave up pedelecing a short while ago in my hilly area as it was getting a bit much. I could have gone for a more powerful e-bike but I wouldn't have enjoyed that. I was a lifelong unpowered cyclist and never really enjoyed pedelecs as much as normal unpowered cycling, blasphemy in here!

Now I do the lazy thing, enjoying my fully electric car, so neither gassing nor deafening cyclists.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
<charging post>
So to stop the rows it was excluded from New Posts.
Bugger. I obviously missed the memo on that one!
Thanks for confirming. I've just been over there.
Seems I have a bit of catching up to do on the 'brexit' thread ?!?
Only around 5000 PAGES of posts to read !!!!!
Good grief.

• :D
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Bugger. I obviously missed the memo on that one!
Thanks for confirming. I've just been over there.
Seems I have a bit of catching up to do on the 'brexit' thread ?!?
Only around 5000 PAGES of posts to read !!!!!
Good grief.
Indeed, my most successful thread ever. I didn't even intend it to be a thread, I was only publishing a radio program on what happens if we leave the EU.

Since then it's become a general purpose thread covering every subject under the sun!

Bedtime reading for you for a couple of decades. :)