Cycling. Health. Covid. Diet.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Not true.

According to Our World in Data, https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations Israel has 62.7% of its population fully vaccinated and 68% of its population partially vaccinated. It is behind a host of other nations.

Acording to Statsitadot com it is in fact 39th country in ranking for vaccination.

Not sure why you are getting so much stuff wrong here. These things are readily checkable to anyone who has the remotest desire to post facts rather than gut feelings and prejudices.
Maybe it's you getting it wrong:

According to your data, 115% of the people in Gibralta have been vaccinated. how did that work then? Did they go into a parallel universe and find the same guys sticking pencils up their noses while singing the national anthem? When doctors are reported s getting £12.50 per shot, I can imagine a lot of scenarios how that could happen. At least the dogs won't get covid.

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It's a pity that so many people exclusively use phones to use the internet these days. On a PC or laptop, if you search for:

Covid cases UK

...using Google:

...you will see interactive charts, citing sources, as well as a zoomable world map:

...you can compare for yourself the deaths vs cases at peaks, before and after vaccinations (but only if you have a mouse, to navigate the charts). The vaccination, hospitalisation , intensive care charts etc. are further down the page.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Tony1951 and flecc

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
Maybe it's you getting it wrong:

According to your data, 115% of the people in Gibralta have been vaccinated. how did that work then? Did they go into a parallel universe and find the same guys sticking pencils up their noses while singing the national anthem? When doctors are reported s getting £12.50 per shot, I can imagine a lot of scenarios how that could happen. At least the dogs won't get covid.
You were spouting utter tripe regarding hospital admissions in the UK & now it appears that you have completely lost your marbles.

It's very simple to explain the Gibraltar statistics. The population of Gibraltar is about 34,000 but every day about 14,000 workers who live in Spain stream across the border. Many of these workers have been vaccinated in Gibraltar but the websites that aggregate these numbers just divide the 78,000 jabs delivered by the official population of Gibraltar.

nigelbb

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2019
It's a pity that so many people exclusively use phones to use the internet these days. On a PC or laptop, if you search for:

Covid cases UK

...using Google:

...you will see interactive charts, citing sources, as well as a zoomable world map:

View attachment 43902

View attachment 43903

View attachment 43908

View attachment 43909

...you can compare for yourself the deaths vs cases at peaks, before and after vaccinations (but only if you have a mouse, to navigate the charts). The vaccination, hospitalisation , intensive care charts etc. are further down the page.
Unfortunately the COVID deniers & Antivaxxers are a cult that is not amenable to reason.

Tony1951

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
Unfortunately the COVID deniers & Antivaxxers are a cult that is not amenable to reason.
As Marie Antoinette said, " Let them get covid."

Something like that. A couple of the words might be wrong. Another version might be, " Let them pick cherries." That fits because the only data they take notice of is any version which matches what they want to believe.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Their was an antivaxer/denier in the news last week I think who died, they obviously took their belief to the grave with them.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

It's worth trying, in case they kill someone you care about.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

In order to protect mRNA molecules from the body’s natural defenses, drug developers must wrap them in a protective casing. For Moderna, that meant putting its Crigler-Najjar therapy in nanoparticles made of lipids. And for its chemists, those nanoparticles created a daunting challenge: Dose too little, and you don’t get enough enzyme to affect the disease; dose too much, and the drug is too toxic for patients.

if this drug is so fantastic and can cure cancer why has it not been licensed for use or even human trials it is a failed technology but does work if you want to die.

they spent 5 billion on this and it failed simple as that but can cure the flu lmfao but you can still get it and pass it on.

yet im still not dead ;)

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
I am a practising doctor. I work as a consultant in Emergency Medicine. I'm seeing COVID-19 patients on a daily basis & am pretty sure that I know more about this subject than others posting on this forum.
Anecdotally I haven't seen anyone who required hospital admission with COVID-19 in the last few months except those who were unvaccinated or had only had one jab.
Well said, Nigel.

The burgeoning Balloon of Anti-Vaxxer Guff meets the sharp Pin of Truth.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well said, Nigel.

The burgeoning Balloon of Anti-Vaxxer Guff meets the sharp Pin of Truth.
No it did not. Nigel's reply was to me, my having had both vaccinations at the earliest opportunity and within the post replied to, linking to my post urging the Covid vaccinations as being highly desirable.

Link

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
I was aiming at other posts in this thread, flecc, not yours - hence the topping and tailing of Nigel's post.
If you feel I'm misrepresenting Nigel (or your own post), I'll be happy to remove my post.

Nigel's factual post is the pin popping a lot of hot air 'opinion'.

Last edited:
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I was aiming at other posts in this thread, flecc, not yours - hence the topping and tailing of Nigel's post.
If you feel I'm misrepresenting Nigel (or your own post), I'll be happy to remove my post.

Nigel's factual post is the pin popping a lot of hot air 'opinion'.
Thank you, no need to remove your post, the last thing I want is to gag anyone.

I'm also unhappy about the Covid deniers and anti-vaxxers, but I'm not surprised they exist in such large numbers. It was an inevitable outcome of the government's grossly excessive enforcement of the restrictions and all the cheerleading for the measures.

Clumsy, unnecessary, unproductive and having this lasting negative effect.

Reactions: richtea99

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Indeed, my most successful thread ever. I didn't even intend it to be a thread, I was only publishing a radio program on what happens if we leave the EU.
Since then it's become a general purpose thread covering every subject under the sun!
Bedtime reading for you for a couple of decades. :)
Good grief. You are probably not far off if I was to read the whole thing!

As it is, I've not posted anything here this week as I've spent all of my limited spare time reading the most recent couple of hundred posts over on the aforementioned 'Brexit' thread. (I think I only managed last month and this! so apologies if I do post over there and things have already been discussed - there is no way I can trawl further back as I just don't have the time!!)

But its good that there is somewhere on this website that stuff like Covid is being talked about. I was thinking it very strange indeed that it just didn't seem to be mentioned at ALL (I'd assumed it was being totally censored, as it unfortunately is on another technology site I occasionally visit).

Maybe I'll join the conversations a bit more. I confess I'm a tad apprehensive. So many people have very passionate views, and one thing I've come to learn is that its often difficult if not impossible to change people's entrenched opinions, no matter how much conflicting evidence is presented to them ;)

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Oh dear. Conspiracy theories now.
Another way of looking at the Gates foundation is ... Some might say that it takes a special kind of logic, not accessible to most of us, to start impugning such efforts as motivated by malign intent.
I mostly agree with that. Except for one small detail. Which negates everything.
I don't think it takes a 'special kind of logic', it just takes 'logic'.

For some reason, the average person doesn't seem to be able to learn from history (or maybe they are simply unaware of it?), while the people in power often seem to use it as a guide book!

You only have to look into how JD Rockefeller totally took over the medical (and hence pharmaceutical) industry through a ruthless, planned campaign disguised as philanthropy. Then you look at what Gates has done and is doing. The parallels are striking.
It looks as if VFR400 is aware of this.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Maybe I'll join the conversations a bit more. I confess I'm a tad apprehensive. So many people have very passionate views, and one thing I've come to learn is that its often difficult if not impossible to change people's entrenched opinions, no matter how much conflicting evidence is presented to them ;)
Don't worry, the regulars in the Brexit thread are in fact all good online friends, despite often opposing views on many of the subjects discussed there. And apart from POLLY who doen't express an opinion beyond saying Covid is B.S., none of the regulars are Covid deniers or anti-vaxxers. The rest of us have all had our double jabs.

Reactions: GLJoe

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
<But where do you go to get reliable, unbiased information? >
I think the trick is to try and read a mixture of sources.
I confess I've been very naive in the past. I didn't follow the news or politics etc, I just got on with my life. When I first realised things probably weren't as they seemed (as so much didn't make sense - firstly in the health and nutrition advice dished out, but then I realised misinformation (or also, missing information) was everywhere), I reached out to a number of my friends and colleagues and asked them the "But where do you go to get reliable, unbiased information?" question.
And most of them came back with the same, heartfelt and at first glance sensible advice that you have given (so thank you for taking the time - much appreciated).

The trouble is, the deeper I dug, more and more evidence started surfacing that if these 'mixture of sources' are from mainstream media, then for certain key topics (i.e. the really important ones!) NONE of them give you 'reliable, unbiased' information, no matter how much of a mixture you read!
So I think you have to look elsewhere. Independent (but intellectual and informed) sources that don't rely on funding that can cause information bias. Sources that aren't under the influence of government policy directives. This severely narrows things down and seems to exclude 99% of what 99% of the population DO use as information sources :-(

Reactions: richtea99 and flecc

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Don't worry, the regulars in the Brexit thread are in fact all good online friends, despite often opposing views on many of the subjects discussed there. And apart from POLLY who doen't express an opinion beyond saying Covid is B.S., none of the regulars are Covid deniers or anti-vaxxers. The rest of us have all had our double jabs.
B.S.

:D

• :D